Rangers Offseason

Stoney

4 hours ago, topher805 said:

As many games played inside there will be, artificial turf will be necessary. Wont get enough sun to maintain the grass like needed

You should try telling that to some of these people out here... they are losing their mind... I guess they enjoyed melting in July while getting beat 9-0...  I prefer to take my beatdown with turf and air conditioning.

Rangers could come out and announce free Bud Light after the seventh inning stretch and certain Ranger fans would gripe that it wasn’t Miller Lite instead. They are just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. 

13 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

You should try telling that to some of these people out here... they are losing their mind... I guess they enjoyed melting in July while getting beat 9-0...  I prefer to take my beatdown with turf and air conditioning.

Nothing like getting your canned kick while eating a bacon wrapped hotdog on the verge of having a heat stroke

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I remember when they opened NRG and the grass kept dying because not enough sun. Now the new Rangers ballpark will have a larger roof, much like Minute Maid, and the grass could hold up, but they can take the maintenance money for field upkeep and put it into getting some better players. Instead of suffering through a 9-0 beatdown, maybe it can be something like 7-2...

I am pleased with how the offseason has progressed. I think the front office has done a good job of 1) recognizing there was a problem 2) setting out a plan to fix the problem and 3) not throwing the plan to the side at the first chance. 

I also really like the hire of the new hitting coach/instructor whatever his title is. He's had some success and there is still a ton of potential with all the young guns in the lineup. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 2:53 PM, topher805 said:

As many games played inside there will be, artificial turf will be necessary. Wont get enough sun to maintain the grass like needed

The Astros seem to have been able to pull it off and we know it gets hotter than a popcorn #### down there.

Do you think the dome and AC will finally solve the free agent issue? All my life I’ve heard we can’t get a ace to come to Texas because of the heat. We could trade for a Cliff Lee but he wasn’t sticking around. 

On 2/9/2019 at 2:27 PM, mellon said:

The Astros seem to have been able to pull it off and we know it gets hotter than a popcorn #### down there.

Their grass has struggled. And from reading all the info from the Ranger's research...alot of retractable roof stadiums may look like they have good grass to the fans, but once you get down on the playing surface, it can be quite uneven at times. 

1 hour ago, TxFight said:

Their grass has struggled. And from reading all the info from the Ranger's research...alot of retractable roof stadiums may look like they have good grass to the fans, but once you get down on the playing surface, it can be quite uneven at times. 

Not to mention the upkeep it takes. And lemme tell you, those grounds crew guys get paid next to nothing