How Would You Turn Kansas Into A Bowl Team?

Stoney

Just now, DB2point0 said:

Hire mark mangino as OC.    start scheduling SFA, north Texas, UTEP, UTSA, Lamar for 3 games every year and recruit the State of Texas as hard as you can.  

Didn't the Big 12 make it mandatory to play 1 OOC game against a Power 5 team recently?  

4 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Didn't the Big 12 make it mandatory to play 1 OOC game against a Power 5 team recently?  

Not sure, but if so schedule it wisely.  But play as often in Texas as you can.  It will only help.  There’s a lot of talent in this state that could help a place like Kansas.  It’s not impossible to win tgere.  Mangino had the 12-1 Orange bowl champs for Pete’s sake

the poster that mentioned Mark Mangino was dead on...he built a doggone good team there that could win 10 games a year and was scary! I'd emulate him in every way except the mistreating of player allegations part and trying to eat yourself to death (don't hit Furr's Cafeteria Buffet five times a day)...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stoney said:

In honor of Les Miles’ new job and the long hard road ahead of him, what would you do if you were in his place as the new HC? How would you go about turning Kansas into a .500 team?

Recruit kids that would win quickly but put me out a job in 5yrs along with ncaa probation. I'd have a natty or natty appearance. 

16 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Hire mark mangino as OC.    start scheduling SFA, north Texas, UTEP, UTSA, Lamar for 3 games every year and recruit the State of Texas as hard as you can.  

This guy stole my answer.  :D 

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Some guys get a Porsche for their mid-life crisis, some take head coaching positions at Kansas. The world is a funny place.