How Would You Turn Kansas Into A Bowl Team?

Stoney

No problems- you're good!

But seriously, why is it an issue if someone clicks poop or thanks or whatever? I think it's funny if someone does it to my posts!

Anyway, Miles had success at Ok State and was pretty good at LSU. Those are different programs than Kansas is. That takes a certain kind of coach who can get more out of less ala Mangino or Leach. Dunno if Miles is the right man for the job. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

No problems- you're good!

But seriously, why is it an issue if someone clicks poop or thanks or whatever? I think it's funny if someone does it to my posts!

Anyway, Miles had success at Ok State and was pretty good at LSU. Those are different programs than Kansas is. That takes a certain kind of coach who can get more out of less ala Mangino or Leach. Dunno if Miles is the right man for the job. 

I'm with ya but, Lion started a thread complaining about it. He got a GREAT explanation but he still cried lol. Anyways, they locked the thread.

By the way he wasn't the only one some Carthage dude was complaining also.

LOL Poor Lion. 

http://www2.ljworld.com/sports/2018/nov/13/mark-mangino-i-wont-be-returning-to-kansas/

Weird that he would Tweet that out. I wonder if there WERE some sort of offer extended to him. Or at least if he was approached. He wouldn't Tweet that just out of the blue. 

I did read an article where he talks about how he put it behind him. Glad he's moved on- I thought he got the raw end of the deal at the time. And I hope Coach Leach continues to do well at Wazzou because Tech was wrong to fire him as well. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

LOL Poor Lion. 

http://www2.ljworld.com/sports/2018/nov/13/mark-mangino-i-wont-be-returning-to-kansas/

Weird that he would Tweet that out. I wonder if there WERE some sort of offer extended to him. Or at least if he was approached. He wouldn't Tweet that just out of the blue. 

I did read an article where he talks about how he put it behind him. Glad he's moved on- I thought he got the raw end of the deal at the time. And I hope Coach Leach continues to do well at Wazzou because Tech was wrong to fire him as well. 

I haven't cared for Craig James since then.

45 minutes ago, txk85 said:

miles downfall at LSU was offense so he needs to hire a good OC. how about Harrell at north texas? helps with recruiting in N Texas too.

It probably depends on what Kansas wants to pay a coordinator. 

If Tech fires KK then I would want him. If UNC fires Fedora that might be a good choice too.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

5D0EED83-F997-4D35-8FFB-EBFA9304A9D3.jpeg

It’s not like Mangino was amazing either. 

That 2007 season skews our memory of his tenure. 

if les miles can come in and have 4 bowl seasons at Kansas, then someone needs to hire him back at 4.5+ mil a year :p 

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Dunno how Miles will do at Kansas. It's not an easy place to win at, although Mangino did well there (as some idiots forgot, apparently). 

He needs a high-level QB, Mangino had that with Reesing. And ppl also don't remember they had a pretty good defense too. 

45 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

He was what? 50-48? That's like averaging s bowl game a season. Not amazing, but at Kansas that's pretty good.

I agree, but Mangino also benefited by getting to avoid Oklahoma and Texas two out of every four seasons. 

In that 2007 season, Kansas didn’t play Oklahoma, Texas, or Texas A&M.

Miles will not get that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I agree, but Mangino also benefited by getting to avoid Oklahoma and Texas two out of every four seasons. 

In that 2007 season, Kansas didn’t play Oklahoma, Texas, or Texas A&M.

Miles will not get that. 

Good point. 

They actually did play A&M that year... It was during the Fran era. Back then, Tech was better than A&M most season. Kansas avoided them. They got the "easy" draw of A&M, OK State, and pre-Briles Baylor. Their 12-1 season was benefited by an extremely easy schedule. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Good point. 

They actually did play A&M that year... It was during the Fran era. Back then, Tech was better than A&M most season. Kansas avoided them. They got the "easy" draw of A&M, OK State, and pre-Briles Baylor. Their 12-1 season was benefited by an extremely easy schedule. 

Yeah you are right. 

I remembered it wrong. I thought A&M was      grouped with Oklahoma and Texas for some reason.

I would schedule an OOC game every year vs. Rice, Houston, SMU, TSU, or UTSA. On the road. In TEXAS. Then you can tell recruits from Texas “Hey we play in your home state at least three times a year.” Then recruit Texas really hard. I don’t think Les is that good of a recruiter, FWIW. All of the studs he got out of Louisiana in his time at LSU were LSU recruits. They were going there anyway. If he was that good, kids like Eddie Lacy, Landon Collins, and all those others would have played there instead of BAMA, and he would have never been run off. 

10 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

It needs to be Rice or Houston or Texas St....  Les had his claws in Houston Metro... I am sure that is the first place he visits to recruit.

He definitely needs to get some of those Houston area athletes if he’s going to build a defense.