7-4 Henderson vs 6-5 Lumberton round 2 of playoffs

LionKing12172920

28 minutes ago, LCM said:

Only game I think that could be closer would be Splendora. They have a better run and pass team. They are big and physical. 

Don’t know but Navasota one, maybe close game, don’t know how they are this years, well I hadn’t looked at the bracket but if they plays MH then yes Navasota will lose big.

2 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Don’t know but Navasota one, maybe close game, don’t know how they are this years.

Navasota I don't think it will be close at all. They have a couple of good kids but overall they are beatable. Our defense stayed on the field most of the night with no offense production. Id take MH 49-14 game.

34 minutes ago, LCM said:

The run down on Lumberton is this they run the ball every snap out of the spread formation, wildcat, and do jet sweeps. They lack team speed, and their secondary is there weak point on defense. LCM blitzed pretty much the whole game and held them to 84 yards rushing on 33 attempts and they had a total of 103 yards in the whole game. The starting QB got hurt earlier in the year and they have a sophomore in their now. The young QB does not throw the ball well and they are one dimensional. Henderson stops the run the game is over. I expect Henderson to beat around 35-7 game. Good luck to both teams. I wish LCM would have showed up last night but we have not been consistent in a long time.

If they run the ball, they want be able to handle Henderson’s D. And Lumberton QB is not a Elite QB so yea Hendos D. Will have a field day.

• Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

If they run the ball, they want be able to handle Henderson’s D. And Lumberton QB is not a Elite QB so yea Hendos D. Will have a field day.

Lumberton running is pretty easy to figure out. the way they motion is usually the way they run it. Left and right and down the middle not hard. The qb is young and he shy away from LCM and took some big hits

3 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

So, if you post this thread twice, do you think maybe One if them has Hendo making it out of Round 2??

Now that one was a mistake lol I’m still a newbie, and didn’t mean to post two, still trying figure out how to add a poll once topic is made. Trying get the hang of it, don’t even know how to delete the other lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCM said:

Lumberton running is pretty easy to figure out. the way they motion is usually the way they run it. Left and right and down the middle not hard. The qb is young and he shy away from LCM and took some big hits

If in that case they don’t run no option plays or nothing, if they run in the motion then they maybe won’t score on Henderson’s Defense.

• Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

If in that case they don’t run no option plays or nothing, if they run in the motion then they maybe won’t score on Henderson’s Defense.

They might run a read option here and there. They didn't score on LCM. Actually they only crossed the 50 once against LCM. I wouldn't be surprised if yall shut them out if yall have a stout defense

37 minutes ago, LCM said:

That is a problem for Lumberton. One thing about Hendos D...they will flat hit you.

13 minutes ago, DTrump said:

MH will blow Sota out of the water!

Nav had some good athletes, but our offense was off. We couldn't run the ball this year and was limited on throwing the ball every down. So we were on dimensional, kids dropped balls and our qb was off.  MH will drop some points on them

6 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

That is a problem for Lumberton. One thing about Hendos D...they will flat hit you.

Lumberton fans will try to boast their team up. Don't get me wrong the kids play hard and this is the 2nd time the even won a bi district game and the 3rd time they even made it to the playoffs. This Lumberton team is not even the best team they have even fielded. I think Henderson will be good 

1 minute ago, LCM said:

Lumberton fans will try to boast their team up. Don't get me wrong the kids play hard and this is the 2nd time the even won a bi district game and the 3rd time they even made it to the playoffs. This Lumberton team is not even the best team they have even fielded. I think Henderson will be good 

Lumberton fans should talk up their team. I was told long ago "If you dont think you can win then dont get on the bus". I spent all week telling Carthage their 34 game winning streak was going to end in Lion Stadium a few weeks ago...and I meant it. Of course, we all know how that turned out lol. Off subject but didnt Splendora drop down from 5A this year?

1 minute ago, EnjoyLife said:

Lumberton fans should talk up their team. I was told long ago "If you dont think you can win then dont get on the bus". I spent all week telling Carthage their 34 game winning streak was going to end in Lion Stadium a few weeks ago...and I meant it. Of course, we all know how that turned out lol. Off subject but didnt Splendora drop down from 5A this year?

Yes and so did Lumberton

10 minutes ago, LCM said:

Splendora during the 2014 and 15 were in our distict and they were awful. That area is growing a lot, and I would bet they get kids from New Caney ISD

You know a lot more about the teams "down south" than I do. How good do you think Splendora really is? I know they are 10-1 but records can be deceiving. Splendora used to have a reputation as a speed trap on 59 lol.

Henderson congratulations on your win against Crandall. With Lumberton coming up and with it being Thanksgiving break it's going to be a little harder to concentrate so make an extra effort to remain focused and concentrate on what got you here and what you do well. Enjoy Thanksgiving, believe in yourselves and each other and let's take it to Lumberton. You can do it.

Henderson Lions 38

Lumberton Raiders 14

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

You know a lot more about the teams "down south" than I do. How good do you think Splendora really is? I know they are 10-1 but records can be deceiving. Splendora used to have a reputation as a speed trap on 59 lol.

I'm wondering the same thing, and it's hard to judge watching highlights.

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

This is my thoughts on Splendora. The 10-1 record is deceiving.  They beat a 4-6 Houston Sterling team, They beat a 4-6 Baytown Lee team. Shepherd beat them 35-21, and Orangeield beat Shepherd and Orangefield didn't even make the playoffs. They beat a 7-4 Liberty team, They beat a 1-9 Kashmere team. Okay so their pre district schedule was not strong at all. Liberty might be the only win that I think is good. The other Houston schools are not any good. Baytown lee has struggled for many years. They beat LCM by 4 points we had 10 seniors on the team and we pretty much it was going to be a down year at LCM. Moving freshman and Sophomores helped us a lot.  Lumberton lost to them by 3 points. Splendora is an average football team that was below average  and has picked up success but I would not consider them a favorite over any east texas team. They will have to win to make me think any different. The only Teams in this area of Setx that plays good football are the following: WOS, Northshore, Katy, Angleton, Newton, and im sure theres a few more im missing.