Carlisle Indians (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) 7:00 pm Friday at Bulldog Stadium in Carthage

trueblue82

The Rams will be the home team in what many say will be the game of the week. Why wouldn’t it be? The two played a nail biter last year with the Rams winning 26-23 on a last second field goal. The Rams are coming off a 42-0 thrashing of West Sabine, while the Indians pounded Cayuga 56-6. This one has all the makings of an instant classic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thus far Carlisle has risen to every challenge. Joaquin presents a whole different animal though with their style of play. Even though Carlisle has played other run heavy teams, they have yet to see an O that comes at you like Joaquin. Barring injuries, if Carlisle is going to get beat before the regional finals, this is the game it’s going to happen. 

Joe relies on speed to run that model T offense.

Carlisle relies on speed to run its baby spread offense.

Interesting....interesting...whom is truly faster on turf?

Who has the better overall defense?

Who has the most explosive special teams?

These questions will be hashed out on this thread this week.

I honestly think that the team that makes the fewest mental mistakes will win and by a couple scores.

This is second round ball,pretenders are gone and the big boys are here for the rest of your season,Carlisle has enjoyed several deep journeys into the state tournaments in the last few years,while Joaquin has had their struggles add strife.

The mind games get stronger the deeper you go.

SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?

• Like 1

This should be a great game to watch for any football fan ... If JQ can contain the elusive Injun QB, they have a good chance of hanging in there ... JQ is about as tenacious as anyone I have seen this season and I am pulling for our district bros ... 

33 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

This should be a great game to watch for any football fan ... If JQ can contain the elusive Injun QB, they have a good chance of hanging in there ... JQ is about as tenacious as anyone I have seen this season and I am pulling for our district bros ... 

As you should sir.

I’m here to tell you right now men. There are two Joaquin teams. I’ve seen them both. There is a Joaquin team that played Timpson that could show up and get blown out by 50. And there’s a Joaquin team that could show up that beat Corrigan 21-0. If that Joaquin team shows up then the big bad Carlisle beast will suffer defeat if they don’t play perfect ball. Week after week just about every team has said that it’s faster than Joaquin. And we all know everyone is bigger than Joaquin. And everyone has said Carlisle is unstoppable. I like a good David Vs Goliath game. 

Yall do understand that Carlisle doesn't just overpower opponents,they tend to apply pressure to multiple points and wait for somthin to Crack or break,then comes the jailbreak.its not spectacular or anything,it just snowballs and teams find themselves in a quicksand if you will.No team has yet played mistake free ball against us..can Joe be the first to put us behind all season?all these questions and more...READY PLAYER ONE..shall we play?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Joe relies on speed to run that model T offense.

Carlisle relies on speed to run its baby spread offense.

Interesting....interesting...whom is truly faster on turf?

Who has the better overall defense?

Who has the most explosive special teams?

These questions will be hashed out on this thread this week.

I honestly think that the team that makes the fewest mental mistakes will win and by a couple scores.

This is second round ball,pretenders are gone and the big boys are here for the rest of your season,Carlisle has enjoyed several deep journeys into the state tournaments in the last few years,while Joaquin has had their struggles add strife.

The mind games get stronger the deeper you go.

SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?

I say it’s really an equal match. Joe does what it does well. Carlisle does what it does well. I believe the offset is Carlisle QB. When Joe defense drops in coverage then he is free to roam and is elusive as anyone. That being said  the WS qb had 2600yds coming into last night and only had 30yds for the game. The key is try and limit the Indian qb..... and that my friend is the conundrum 

• Stinks 1

I may be wrong, I haven’t seen Joaquin play this year, but we played Garrison and Carlisle, we don’t want to face Carlisle again. They are pretty darn good, not to say Garrison isn’t, but Turner is a special kind of athlete. The rest of the team ain’t bad either, it might be a close game but I don’t see it. Carlisle wins 45 - 14

13 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I say it’s really an equal match. Joe does what it does well. Carlisle does what it does well. I believe the offset is Carlisle QB. When Joe defense drops in coverage then he is free to roam and is elusive as anyone. That being said  the WS qb had 2600yds coming into last night and only had 30yds for the game. The key is try and limit the Indian qb..... and that my friend is the conundrum 

Ws qback was the only offensive weapon to speak of,key our qb and recievers and backs will hurt ya some..js 

2 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

I may be wrong, I haven’t seen Joaquin play this year, but we played Garrison and Carlisle, we don’t want to face Carlisle again. They are pretty darn good, not to say Garrison isn’t, but Turner is a special kind of athlete. The rest of the team ain’t bad either, it might be a close game but I don’t see it. Carlisle wins 45 - 14

44,yall getting it back right for yalls play-off run brah?

6 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Ws qback was the only offensive weapon to speak of,key our qb and recievers and backs will hurt ya some..js 

That is the problem..... not enough guys to stop the qb and the other guys. Gonna have to pick our poison and hope for mistakes. One plus for us is we have been in some tough games this year and ya Indians haven’t been tested but for the Troup game early in the season 

• Stinks 1

Just now, BlueBlood99 said:

That is the problem..... not enough guys to stop the qb and the other guys. Gonna have to pick our poison and hope for mistakes. One plus for us is we have been in some tough games this year and ya Indians haven’t been tested but for the Troup game early in the season 

You rite cuz,but it could be because we actually are that good..and we usually get better the further we go into the playoffs..guess we will see tho.