Carlisle Indians (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) 7:00 pm Friday at Bulldog Stadium in Carthage

trueblue82

On 11/17/2018 at 11:30 AM, BlueBlood99 said:

That is the problem..... not enough guys to stop the qb and the other guys. Gonna have to pick our poison and hope for mistakes. One plus for us is we have been in some tough games this year and ya Indians haven’t been tested but for the Troup game early in the season 

They’ve passed every test on the schedule basically. The Troup game was early in the year. Trust me, they hitting on all cylinders right now. 

On 11/17/2018 at 7:00 PM, trueblue82 said:

You’re overlooking the Baker factor. Rocky took over that program in ‘06, and he was a game changer. They beat us in ‘06, ‘13 and ‘16. We won in ‘07, ‘09 (playoff game) ‘12 and ‘17. This may very well be the best team Carlisle has ever had. We have to play with our hair on fire Friday. 

If I'm not mistaken,this is the most productive offense in school history,third best defense..on points for and points allowed . I'll have to double check that defense Stat,because I think my oldest son's team holds the d record and the 1960-61 team hold the second spot.

If I'm not mistaken,Rocky’s uncle played on that 60-61 team..lol 

13 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

If I'm not mistaken,this is the most productive offense in school history,third best defense..on points for and points allowed . I'll have to double check that defense Stat,because I think my oldest son's team holds the d record and the 1960-61 team hold the second spot.

If I'm not mistaken,Rocky’s uncle played on that 60-61 team..lol 

Overton, New Boston, James Bowie, Cushing, Union Grove, Hawkins.....Joe 8th grade could pile up defensive stats against those teams....Just saying

• Stinks 1

Just now, BlueBlood99 said:

Overton, New Boston, James Bowie, Cushing, Union Grove, Hawkins.....Joe 8th grade could pile up defensive stats against those teams....Just saying

61 team went as far as was possible back then.js and yeah the comp wasn't the toughest..so we'll just say this years team is the best we've had and solve the debate.now we come to the debate about weak schedules and not playing any comp and still going 3-4 Rounds beating teams that do play the tough guys...what does that equate to?maybe getting you best athletes beat to hell and gone before playoffs isn't always the best recipe..seems like the coaches over here defy the odds every season and teams come into the playoffs with a big ol swole head thinking they played the dist of Doom and gon teach the pretenders a lesson...lol and wind up on a lonely bus back to the house.its kinda funny but we seem to go as deep playing the tough comp as playing the week comp..common denominator is its us...lol or maybe the coaching staff.js 

Carlisle is a funny place sometimes, I've seen us come out and play lights out and win and the next week give up 586 yards rushing and still win late..I've also seen us completely dominate a team from start to the fourth quarter and then forget how to play football and lose..so I've learned how to stay humble and not overexpect from teenagers...but just enjoy the ride while picking fun at the opposing fans..lol...ya gotta admit it's fun to do..lol 

2 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

61 team went as far as was possible back then.js and yeah the comp wasn't the toughest..so we'll just say this years team is the best we've had and solve the debate.now we come to the debate about weak schedules and not playing any comp and still going 3-4 Rounds beating teams that do play the tough guys...what does that equate to?maybe getting you best athletes beat to hell and gone before playoffs isn't always the best recipe..seems like the coaches over here defy the odds every season and teams come into the playoffs with a big ol swole head thinking they played the dist of Doom and gon teach the pretenders a lesson...lol and wind up on a lonely bus back to the house.its kinda funny but we seem to go as deep playing the tough comp as playing the week comp..common denominator is its us...lol or maybe the coaching staff.js 

Carlisle is a funny place sometimes, I've seen us come out and play lights out and win and the next week give up 586 yards rushing and still win late..I've also seen us completely dominate a team from start to the fourth quarter and then forget how to play football and lose..so I've learned how to stay humble and not overexpect from teenagers...but just enjoy the ride while picking fun at the opposing fans..lol...ya gotta admit it's fun to do..lol 

I agree with you. I don’t like the brutal schedule. To me it has contributed to Joaquin’s demise come playoff time. We always beat up. On the other hand when you run a spread variation offense the lesser comp allows you to get your timing with WR, gain confidence and get younger guys reps in blowout victories..... But there is something to be battle tested as you meet tougher comp but there is a fine line on getting beat to hell in the process 

• Stinks 1

Just now, BlueBlood99 said:

I agree with you. I don’t like the brutal schedule. To me it has contributed to Joaquin’s demise come playoff time. We always beat up. On the other hand when you run a spread variation offense the lesser comp allows you to get your timing with WR, gain confidence and get younger guys reps in blowout victories..... But there is something to be battle tested as you meet tougher comp but there is a fine line on getting beat to hell in the process 

I watched one of our better team's,two year ago run the gauntlet in 11-2a and get beat all to pieces and make it to regional looking like a rag tag of walking injured.broke ribs,broke fingers,wrists,shoulder injuries and you name it.had Centerville on the ropes and almost out,then just have nothing left to give and lose in the last few mins of game.if only we had some healthy kids playing for a few minutes we prolly could of held them off...but that brutal dist run had ripped us a new one...obviously they were tougher for it but paid the price with it..catch 22..

15 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I watched one of our better team's,two year ago run the gauntlet in 11-2a and get beat all to pieces and make it to regional looking like a rag tag of walking injured.broke ribs,broke fingers,wrists,shoulder injuries and you name it.had Centerville on the ropes and almost out,then just have nothing left to give and lose in the last few mins of game.if only we had some healthy kids playing for a few minutes we prolly could of held them off...but that brutal dist run had ripped us a new one...obviously they were tougher for it but paid the price with it..catch 22..

I finished watching that game from my car cuz it started raining. So I drove around the barrier and had a perfect seat for that pass down the middle late in the 4th. Great game to watch

• Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I finished watching that game from my car cuz it started raining. So I drove around the barrier and had a perfect seat for that pass down the middle late in the 4th. Great game to watch

It was...but a true heart breaker.But as beat up as we were,facing a raging Refugio the next week would have been a slaughter..real talk.

1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

3 of those schools are in our district.  UIL picks those not us. We've beat everyone on our schedule . Joaquin will see our Indians are for real this year. 

27 minutes ago, IndiansIn07 said:

3 of those schools are in our district.  UIL picks those not us. We've beat everyone on our schedule . Joaquin will see our Indians are for real this year. 

I am not saying anything good or bad about your Injuns..... Just saying to brag about defense stats against  those teams is pretty silly. 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

27 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I am not saying anything good or bad about your Injuns..... Just saying to brag about defense stats against  those teams is pretty silly. 

Didn't brag about stats just saying we've beaten everyone we have supposed to. Yall had West Sabine, harleton, Deweyville,  ore city come on man lol

On 11/17/2018 at 12:42 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I really think playing Thacker at QB against Carlisle hurt Alto on offense a lot.  Your offense is a lot better with the QB that played against Garrison.  I don't know if he was out of shape or what, but Thacker pretty much layed down against Carlisle in my opinion  ...

He got a pretty good lick on his right shoulder, trainers worked on it on sidelines for a while. Not making excuses for him, just a fact. But the truth is, he wasn’t very good that night before he was injured which is surprising because he almost singlehandedly beat Carlisle the year before.

6 hours ago, IndiansIn07 said:

Didn't brag about stats just saying we've beaten everyone we have supposed to. Yall had West Sabine, harleton, Deweyville,  ore city come on man lol

The difference is Chain was boasting about having the best defense ever and I simply put it in context considering the competition. I never said anything about our defense or schedule or results. ...... Just stating facts

6 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Joaquin played a bunch of softies too...even got beat by one!

I was having a conversation with Chain so pipe down and butt out jabber jaws. I bet your mouth moves even when you sleep..... And I never said we didn’t play any easier teams.....just putting in context the Carlisle defense in reference to competition. You just can’t wait to jump in and say something negative about ole Joe...Really surprised you didn’t find some way mention how dominant SA is and evbody else ###....SMH

59 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I was having a conversation with Chain so pipe down and butt out jabber jaws. I bet your mouth moves even when you sleep..... And I never said we didn’t play any easier teams.....just putting in context the Carlisle defense in reference to competition. You just can’t wait to jump in and say something negative about ole Joe...Really surprised you didn’t find some way mention how dominant SA is and evbody else ###....SMH

That's where you look stupid. I never once have said that SA has been dominant this year. Last year...hell yeah!  Last week...hell yeah!  Joaquin for sure doesnt want any right now...too bad your season ends this week.

12 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

That's where you look stupid. I never once have said that SA has been dominant this year. Last year...hell yeah!  Last week...hell yeah!  Joaquin for sure doesnt want any right now...too bad your season ends this week.

Since the word “dominant” came up, Joaquin has defeated the three District 12 teams they’ve played (including the 2 and 3 seeds) by a combined 115-0. But, hey, it’s just a number. 

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

I’ve watched almost every team from district 11 and district 12 and several from district 10. San Augustine comes in 4th if in district 11 and fights like hell to be 3rd in district 10. District 12 was laughably weak. And San Augustine had a rough time with our 4th place team for 2.5 quarters.  

If SA plays Garrison or Tenaha again it would be a 3 touchdown lopsided loss. If they played Joaquin and Joaquin showed up it’d be about the same.  

Sure timpson beat Joaquin and y’all beat Timpson. But let’s not forget Joaquin beat Tenaha and Tenaha thumped y’all. And I don’t think y’all would touch corrigan.  

Gotta go with Carlisle, but don't think it will be a blowout.  2 TD margin.  Close 1st half, Carlisle slowly pulls away 2nd half.

Did I read a comment on page 1 correctly? Joaquin QB is also MLB?  Never seen that before that I can recall.  Seems risky to me, but if it's working for you.....

This should easily be one the better 2A games this week.  Teams look to match up well.