Carlisle Indians (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) 7:00 pm Friday at Bulldog Stadium in Carthage

trueblue82

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Wow,walker Adam's made 16 solo tackle last week and didn't make defensive list on player of the week.  Wow 

It's hard to get selected against the larger schools with a much bigger fan base and a lot more votes ... Sebastian Porter has had some monster nights and hasn't made it either although he has been on the list a few times ....

32 minutes ago, Bonecrushr said:

Gotta go with Carlisle, but don't think it will be a blowout.  2 TD margin.  Close 1st half, Carlisle slowly pulls away 2nd half.

Did I read a comment on page 1 correctly? Joaquin QB is also MLB?  Never seen that before that I can recall.  Seems risky to me, but if it's working for you.....

This should easily be one the better 2A games this week.  Teams look to match up well.

Yes our QB is also a starter at ILB, at 130#. Our 127# fullback went off on WS to the tune of 247 yards on 9 carries. Call us the mighty mites. 

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Since the word “dominant” came up, Joaquin has defeated the three District 12 teams they’ve played (including the 2 and 3 seeds) by a combined 115-0. But, hey, it’s just a number. 

But got beat by a soft team in Timpson...so all of that goes out the window!

• Stinks 1

3 hours ago, Foozball said:

I’ve watched almost every team from district 11 and district 12 and several from district 10. San Augustine comes in 4th if in district 11 and fights like hell to be 3rd in district 10. District 12 was laughably weak. And San Augustine had a rough time with our 4th place team for 2.5 quarters.  

If SA plays Garrison or Tenaha again it would be a 3 touchdown lopsided loss. If they played Joaquin and Joaquin showed up it’d be about the same.  

Sure timpson beat Joaquin and y’all beat Timpson. But let’s not forget Joaquin beat Tenaha and Tenaha thumped y’all. And I don’t think y’all would touch corrigan.  

Garrison could barely beat Beckville in which your 4th place team whipped up on.  11 is going down soon enough.  Joaquin this week and Garrison the next!

• Stinks 1

2 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Garrison could barely beat Beckville in which your 4th place team whipped up on.  11 is going down soon enough.  Joaquin this week and Garrison the next!

SA can’t beat Alto or Garrison so soak in this weeks win cause it will be the last of the y’all

1 hour ago, SAWolfman said:

But got beat by a soft team in Timpson...so all of that goes out the window!

Since you want to compare common opponents, I’m your Huckleberry. Joaquin and San Augustine have played 6 common opponents. Both are 4-2 against them, with wins over Deweyville, Shelbyville, and  West Sabine. Both lost to Garrison. Joaquin lost to Timpson, who lost to SA. SA lost to Tenaha, who Joaquin beat. SA is 4-3 vs Joaquin in this century.  So the idea that SA is a much better football team than Joaquin is pure ignorance. If the two are fortunate enough to win their next two, I will be expecting a very close, well contested game. But we don’t have the luxury of looking ahead. We have to be focused on a team that I believe is much better than SA. Good luck with Leon. 

1 hour ago, Ramfanforever said:

Joaquin got beat by Timpson yall beat Timpson thereforeTimpson is a soft team. Y'all lost to Tenaha 14-0. We beat Tenaha. Thereforeby your logic a soft team skunked yall.

Timpson is a soft team.  By soft I mean they get hit and they take a fall. But I saw that when I saw them play Alto.  You play aggressive they dont like it and will weat out.

We did lose to Tenaha, but I believe you can ask Greezy and he will tell you that SA beat themselves with having 150 yards worth of penalties.  I'm not even going to argue how many yards of those were legit or not.  

• Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

SA still looks better than Joaquin throwing the football...and it's still bad.  

Yeah but we don’t try to tell anyone we’re a passing team. We are definitely one-dimensional. Against District 12 teams, you only need one dimension. Tru storie. 

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Yeah but we don’t try to tell anyone we’re a passing team. We are definitely one-dimensional. Against District 12 teams, you only need one dimension. Tru storie. 

And that will be your downfall...and has been for how many years now?  

• Stinks 2

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Based on film I’ve seen, our passing game is at least as efficient as SA’s. 

And SA has been playing several rounds deep for years while Joaquin has been sitting at home.  Joaquin's style of play isnt getting them anywhere.  We have a sophmore starting at QB1...he will get better in an already loaded offense.  But, I'm not saying SA has a chance to win this region until he stops throwing senseless picks.  

• Stinks 1

I’ve seen several great one dimensional schools. When you are smaller classification many schools are one dimensional. But I agree if you are gonna make a deep run it’s better to have more tools in the toolkit. Carlisle is definitely multidimensional. And they do a lot of things really well. But you can win state being one dimensional.  

With all that being said Joaquin isn’t exactly a non-threat in the passing department. There are a few passing TDs this year and on some solid teams. Their first TD vs Corrigan was a pass. So completely sleeping on their passing game is a bad idea.