Carlisle Indians (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) 7:00 pm Friday at Bulldog Stadium in Carthage

trueblue82

12 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

After listening to the Don Wall coaches show last night, I gotta say Im starting to like Joaquins chances. 

Coach Lawson got me pumped up.

Joaquin by 1.

Let’s go!!! He sounded very focused didn’t he. Sounded like he knew exactly the task at hand. He had nothing but utmost respect for the Indian program and their staff. Lawson and Jones got this game running through their veins. Make no mistake about it they are coming to win this Friday. Gonna be a great game

24 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

After listening to the Don Wall coaches show last night, I gotta say Im starting to like Joaquins chances. 

Coach Lawson got me pumped up.

Joaquin by 1.

My prediction is that if the turf at Carthage is covered in mud, I take the Rams.

Otherwise, I dunno.

rams.jpg

4 minutes ago, Doomer said:

My team has evolved on to play B-Ball but I'm pulling for the Ramz now. I say Joe shocks some slaps with a 61-5 win. TrueStorie

The question on everybody's mind is what you cookin for Thanksgiving dinner?

I got a chance to take a look at Carlisle against Alto a few weeks back. I will say these are two different styles of teams. Carlisle for a change has several skilled players that can play for any school no matter the size. Tons of speed! Turner is the best athlete ive seen all year and I have watched a 6A, several 5a and 4a's along with 3a. They wont stop Joquin's offense from moving the ball but I can see Carlisle jumping out and scoring quick and often making it tough on the Rams to stay in the game.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, touchdownlsu said:

I got a chance to take a look at Carlisle against Alto a few weeks back. I will say these are two different styles of teams. Carlisle for a change has several skilled players that can play for any school no matter the size. Tons of speed! Turner is the best athlete ive seen all year and I have watched a 6A, several 5a and 4a's along with 3a. They wont stop Joquin's offense from moving the ball but I can see Carlisle jumping out and scoring quick and often making it tough on the Rams to stay in the game.

Our defense will be all over the field. Walker and company will be taking care of business

52 minutes ago, touchdownlsu said:

We'll stop them when it counts tho.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:05 AM, BlueBlood99 said:

I say it’s really an equal match. Joe does what it does well. Carlisle does what it does well. I believe the offset is Carlisle QB. When Joe defense drops in coverage then he is free to roam and is elusive as anyone. That being said  the WS qb had 2600yds coming into last night and only had 30yds for the game. The key is try and limit the Indian qb..... and that my friend is the conundrum 

Well, if the West Sabine QB had more than 2,600 yards coming in and you held him to 30, you don’t have anything to worry about. Turner barely has 1,200 yards, guess that means y’all hold him to about 15. 

It's kinda like since the Troup game,everybody has tried to shut turner down...ain't got it done yet...good luck with that,it's not the key to beating us.

Joe is gonna try to use speed in the interior line and backfield to beat a speed team,that's in our wheelhouse and favors us..I like our chances..

26 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

It's kinda like since the Troup game,everybody has tried to shut turner down...ain't got it done yet...good luck with that,it's not the key to beating us.

Joe is gonna try to use speed in the interior line and backfield to beat a speed team,that's in our wheelhouse and favors us..I like our chances..

Man I’m fired up! The closer and closer Friday gets the closer I see the score being. 

16 minutes ago, Foozball said:

Man I’m fired up! The closer and closer Friday gets the closer I see the score being. 

What will Joe do when Carlisle goes up two scores and you hafta start throwing in earnest?  We have the abilities for that scenario if the situ is reversed..again I like our chances. Js 

Oddly enough,if we win the toss,I see us taking the ball first to drive that scenario..

16 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

What will Joe do when Carlisle goes up two scores and you hafta start throwing in earnest?  We have the abilities for that scenario if the situ is reversed..again I like our chances. Js 

Oddly enough,if we win the toss,I see us taking the ball first to drive that scenario..

I think the Joaquin boys and Staff know that going down 2-3 scores early is basically a death sentence. Carlisle has several ways to win this ball game and Joaquin only has one way to win it. Clock control and field position are going to be gigantic factors in this game. Let me tell you a little story because I think it’s going to have a factor in this game.

In 2003, I believe it was, Joaquin had to play a far superior team that had multiple weapons, were bigger and faster. That team was Hemphill. I can’t remember if it was Gandys first or second year but he did something I’d never seen done. He went for it on every single down and he waited for the play clock to strike 1 second before every single play. He even went for a 4th and 4 on his own 30. He used every single advantage that this game had to offer him to keep Hemphills prolific offense off the field. He won that game and it shocked everyone. Everyone said he had balls of steel to play the game like he did. Lawson and company were on that team that night. I assure you the lesson from that game is etched into those guys minds. Don’t think for an instant they don’t know how to beat “superior fast scoring teams”.

Just now, Foozball said:

I think the Joaquin boys and Staff know that going down 2-3 scores early is basically a death sentence. Carlisle has several ways to win this ball game and Joaquin only has one way to win it. Clock control and field position are going to be gigantic factors in this game. Let me tell you a little story because I think it’s going to have a factor in this game.

In 2003, I believe it was, Joaquin had to play a far superior team that had multiple weapons, were bigger and faster. That team was Hemphill. I can’t remember if it was Gandys first or second year but he did something I’d never seen done. He went for it on every single down and he waited for the play clock to strike 1 second before every single play. He even went for a 4th and 4 on his own 30. He used every single advantage that this game had to offer him to keep Hemphills prolific offense off the field. He won that game and it shocked everyone. Everyone said he had balls of steel to play the game like he did. Lawson and company were on that team that night. I assure you the lesson from that game is etched into those guys minds. Don’t think for an instant they don’t know how to beat “superior fast scoring teams”.

I remember that game Hemphill beat center the week before by the score of 52 - 21. Then came to joaquin and lost 21 to 0. Their running back ran for over 300 on center and didn't even get 100 on Joaquin. 

1 hour ago, Ramfanforever said:

I remember that game Hemphill beat center the week before by the score of 52 - 21. Then came to joaquin and lost 21 to 0. Their running back ran for over 300 on center and didn't even get 100 on Joaquin. 

Was 28-7 Rams. Hemphill drove right down the field on their first possession, running the ball right down our throats with their big RB. I don’t think they crossed the 50 after that. Our staff made some defensive adjustments and our nose tackle told one coach “We’ve got this.” End of story. As far as Friday, since we’re doing hypotheticals, what does Carlisle do when the Rams get ahead of them? Have they played from behind this year? I can remember a few weeks ago, against a very athletic football team, we wore them down in the fourth quarter and put together a 13 play, 94 yard drive to win the game. If this is close in the 4th, advantage Rams. 

2 hours ago, Foozball said:

Hemphill wasnt that prolific in 03....didnt even make it out of district.  

14 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Was 28-7 Rams. Hemphill drove right down the field on their first possession, running the ball right down our throats with their big RB. I don’t think they crossed the 50 after that. Our staff made some defensive adjustments and our nose tackle told one coach “We’ve got this.” End of story. As far as Friday, since we’re doing hypotheticals, what does Carlisle do when the Rams get ahead of them? Have they played from behind this year? I can remember a few weeks ago, against a very athletic football team, we wore them down in the fourth quarter and put together a 13 play, 94 yard drive to win the game. If this is close in the 4th, advantage Rams. 

Well in eleven games and two scrimmages nobody has,Troup got dam close,was on the lip of the cup when lightning struck (the forced fumble returned for 104 yards and the stake in the Tigers heart).But to tell the truth our kids didn't seem phased at all.Just our mentality this year,we got this coach..js