Carlisle Indians (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) 7:00 pm Friday at Bulldog Stadium in Carthage

trueblue82

Congrats Carlisle y’all have a great team! Our kids played their hearts out and one of the best coached games I’ve ever seen by our coaches. You could tell the preparation and work the coaches and kids have put in ! Very proud of our team!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ramo4 said:

Congrats Carlisle y’all have a great team! Our kids played their hearts out and one of the best coached games I’ve ever seen by our coaches. You could tell the preparation and work the coaches and kids have put in ! Very proud of our team!

This Joaquin coaching staff will get a ring very soon you can sense it. There is something special brewing.

This will show you how crazy this game was.....28-21 after 1st qtr...... Joe holds Carlisle scoreless in the 2nd to be 28-27 at half....Then held Carlise to one offensive td  in 2nd half and still lost.....If you were to tell me we hold them scoreless in two qtrs I would like our chances. Football is a crazy game sometimes

Ole Trueblue’s thoughts: I find it extremely ironic that a game that saw virtually NO defense in the first half was won on a defensive play in the second half. #14 Louie Garza was MVP IMO. Made a bunch of tackles, including two huge stops for loss on back-to-back plays, in addition to the scoop and score that won the game. I’m willing to bet NO ONE thought Joaquin would have more yards than Carlisle, but they did. Definitely not the blowout some predicted. I couldn’t be more proud of our seniors. There should be some really good games in the next two rounds. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Ole Trueblue’s thoughts: I find it extremely ironic that a game that saw virtually NO defense in the first half was won on a defensive play in the second half. #14 Louie Garza was MVP IMO. Made a bunch of tackles, including two huge stops for loss on back-to-back plays, in addition to the scoop and score that won the game. I’m willing to bet NO ONE thought Joaquin would have more yards than Carlisle, but they did. Definitely not the blowout some predicted. I couldn’t be more proud of our seniors. There should be some really good games in the next two rounds. 

I did, yall kept the ball more than we did.. Lol 

57 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

This will show you how crazy this game was.....28-21 after 1st qtr...... Joe holds Carlisle scoreless in the 2nd to be 28-27 at half....Then held Carlise to one offensive td  in 2nd half and still lost.....If you were to tell me we hold them scoreless in two qtrs I would like our chances. Football is a crazy game sometimes

Carlisle had two offensive touchdowns in seconds half, Turner’s 75 yard run on its first possession and a 58-yard pass to Price. 

Joaquin has a helluva offense, but Carlisle’s defense got tuned up by Rocky at halftime. Joaquin rushed for 290 yards in the first half and was held to 100 in the second half. I thought your QB kept you in the game in the second half, he had 41 yards on four carries completed four of six passes for 101 yards. It was a great game.

2 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

Carlisle will face Tenaha at 7 pm Friday at Hallsville. Carlisle will be the home team.

Tenaha on turf is an exciting prospect. This ought to be one helluva game. This is going to be Jay Lloyd Vs Turner. From what I understand Lloyd is a monster on defense. Really lays the leather to people. I haven’t seen him play but I might next week

2 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Its scary to think how good Joaquin would be if they were throwing the ball week in and week out the exact way they threw the ball tonight.   I have finally seen exactly how potent this type of offense could be but you need to complete about 8 passes a game Joaquin. 

I left the garrison game and went to listening to this one...then started hearing about pass completions....I was stunned.

2 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Its scary to think how good Joaquin would be if they were throwing the ball week in and week out the exact way they threw the ball tonight.   I have finally seen exactly how potent this type of offense could be but you need to complete about 8 passes a game Joaquin. 

It’s a solid little offense. Qb had some perfectly placed passes.

That Carlisle Qb is one special athlete my God. So hard to stop.

6 hours ago, Playfor77 said:

Joaquin has a helluva offense, but Carlisle’s defense got tuned up by Rocky at halftime. Joaquin rushed for 290 yards in the first half and was held to 100 in the second half. I thought your QB kept you in the game in the second half, he had 41 yards on four carries completed four of six passes for 101 yards. It was a great game.

Gates & Bragg both getting hurt in the 2nd quarter definitely didn’t help with that but they made some nice adjustments. Hats off to Carlisle.

Speaking of that, does anybody have an update on Gates? I know he needed stitches but I also was told his hand is broken . Anybody know? 

6 hours ago, Greezychef said:

I couldn’t agree more.   Had the QB this year to throw em too!

33 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

Gates & Bragg both getting hurt in the 2nd quarter definitely didn’t help with that but they made some nice adjustments. Hats off to Carlisle.

Speaking of that, does anybody have an update on Gates? I know he needed stitches but I also was told his hand is broken . Anybody know? 

I’m sure that’s something they’ll have to have x-rays for. It was wrapped up big time. 

3 minutes ago, IndiansIn07 said:

Since y’all have played both of us, how do you see next weeks game  turning out TrueBlue?

Indians in a route. Yalls pressure in qb will be huge. He can’t handle it and is immobile. Gap up your run defense against Lloyd and you will be fine. Tenaha weakness on defense is LB’s. You run game will go wild

8 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Indians in a route. Yalls pressure in qb will be huge. He can’t handle it and is immobile. Gap up your run defense against Lloyd and you will be fine. Tenaha weakness on defense is LB’s. You run game will go wild

I was impressed with Gates. He has some speed. How many Srs are y’all losing?

16 minutes ago, IndiansIn07 said:

I was impressed with Gates. He has some speed. How many Srs are y’all losing?

2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 15, 42, 51, 57, 66. Got several kids ready to step into some of those spots. We will be back in the thick of things again next year. 

37 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

“Rout”....