6A DII Region II Area: Longview vs Prosper

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-0) vs Prosper Eagles (9-2)  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Prosper in a close one
    • Prosper in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2018 at 01:00 PM

Longview will "hang" another "half-a-hundred" on their opponent...

Barring a "calamitous implosion" offensively this Lobo edition's athletic "embarrassment of riches" will overwhelm Prosper.

Longview is on a mission !

R.J.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Barring a "calamitous implosion" offensively this Lobo edition's athletic "embarrassment of riches" will overwhelm Prosper.

R.J.

I would be glad of that but hope both sides of the ball get good work in...it doesnā€™t get easy after this...the next 4 games will be slobber knockers if we keep going....we are gonna need the work and enduranceĀ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyJohnson said:

A Houston based TASO crew "called" the Longview vs. Copperas Cove game.

It's a good bet another area officiating crew will do this game.

R.J.

Long as itā€™s not from the Fort Worth chapter like we had last year against KC!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Long as itā€™s not from the Fort Worth chapter like we had last year against KC!

Absolutely...positively...awful officials. Awarding KC a Touchdown off a "video replay" ?!?

Blowing a whistle on a Longview "off tackle" run play that Keilyn Williams breaks free on an apparent TD run...WTH ??

Those were two obvious blunders by that FW crew.

So yes...no crew from THAT chapter...sheesh !

R.J.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

R.J.

Jesus, I see we are giving the internet plenty of bulletin board material for Prosper to read. I just hope our boys play to the best of their abilities. I am optimistic about our chances but our fanbase has a propensity to speak in absolute and that type of banter is extremely dangerous.

I have learned to respect every opponent when it comes to high school football. I don't want to give any football program any disrespect by insinuating that they are inferior even if I know they are.

• Thanks 2
  • Stinks 1

15 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

Absolutely...positively...awful officials. Awarding KC a Touchdown off a "video replay" ?!?

Blowing a whistle on a Longview "off tackle" run play that Keilyn Williams breaks free on an apparent TD run...WTH ??

Those were two obvious blunders by that FW crew.

So yes...no crew from THAT chapter...sheesh !

R.J.

Longview must have gotten a bad crew from the FW chapter, because the Fort Worth chapter as a whole is generally regarded as one of the best chapters out there....they generally have more crews work title and playoff games than any other chapter....but because they are popular its quite possible they get stretched thin in the first few rounds of the playoffs too

Just a heads up for those that aren't aware, Vandegrift and Klein Collins play today at 1 PM. We play winner.

Listen here:Ā http://hornfm.com/high-school-sports/vandegrift/

Plenty of live stream links too if you go into youtube and search "Vandegrift Klein Collins". TexanLive will also have a live stream of the game if you have subscription.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welp, we sold out of our share of tickets. How'd the fanbase from Prosper do?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Quick said:

Jesus, I see we are giving the internet plenty of bulletin board material for Prosper to read. I just hope our boys play to the best of their abilities. I am optimistic about our chances but our fanbase has a propensity to speak in absolute and that type of banter is extremely dangerous.

I have learned to respect every opponent when it comes to high school football. I don't want to give any football program any disrespect by insinuating that they are inferior even if I know they are.

Respect to the sentiment Quick, but c'mon man...Ā  you played ball. I played ball. Bulletin board material is for all the has-been's and never-were's to bicker about. Ain't nothing that fans say that gets you any more hype than the game itself. That's all background noise. Once you're on the field, it all comes down to who wants it more.Ā 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Quick said:

It's obvious that you haven't been paying attention BUT...

This Lobo team "averages" FIFTY THREE points per game !! They have punted a grand total of SIX times the entire season !!Ā  They have lost only SIX turnovers...all season long offensively ! Those are REAL numbers being produced by what will go down as the greatest Longview offense statistically speaking in "modern day"Ā  school history !

The likelihood of THIS opponent suddenly being the one that shuts this offense down is low...at best ! The Prosper Defense will have to pick their poison...load the box to "try" to stop the Lobo ground attack OR play with an extra DB to attempt to "double-up" on Perry, et al. where HK can simply gun it 40 yards down field over-the-top... one or both just is not going to happen

Look...THIS is a message board for fans...as in fanatics !Ā  With that said, my opinion is that Prosper will be overwhelmed just like 9 of the 11 prior scheduled opponents have been (plus the other two allowed 35 & 42 respectively) and unless, as I stated before, Longview has a "cataclysmic implosion" on offense then they'll score on 7-9 possessions just as they have all season long !

Try to relax and enjoy this matchup this weekend as I know all too well it doesn't get any easier. It's all about matchups !Ā 

It's my opinion that Prosper will have trouble matching up with this group of Lobos !

R.J.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1