6A DII Region II Area: Longview vs Prosper

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-0) vs Prosper Eagles (9-2)  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Prosper in a close one
    • Prosper in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2018 at 01:00 PM

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s correct, I’ve always felt they didn’t build with enough seating capacity for such a nice venue. If it were 10,000 on each side that’d be so much better. Why they didn’t design for 20,000 total I do not know.

$$$$$$$$………….13,500 to 14,000 roughly counting standing covers almost any regular season game and covers the crowd for 1A to 4A 99% of the time in the playoffs, and probably 80% of 5A games...………….So, they may miss 3 or 4 games a year because of size...……….Would take a bunch of years of 3 or 4 games a year to make up the difference in cost of building big enough for 20,000 fans

And very doubtful 20,000 gets any college game or bowl game

2 hours ago, GoLobos said:

Think it is open seating. There is no section GA1. 

No reserve seating in the playoffs. I had a lady one time jump all over me at Rose Stadium in Tyler for that very reason. She just wouldn't take no for an answer! She had bought her tickets at their school and thought they were reserved for her. I don't know what playoff game it was, but that was an intense moment! I didn't move though. It was on the home side and believe she was from Highland Park. 🙂

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

$$$$$$$$………….13,500 to 14,000 roughly counting standing covers almost any regular season game and covers the crowd for 1A to 4A 99% of the time in the playoffs, and probably 80% of 5A games...………….So, they may miss 3 or 4 games a year because of size...……….Would take a bunch of years of 3 or 4 games a year to make up the difference in cost of building big enough for 20,000 fans

Yeah, but this is the Dallas Cowboys we’re talking about. I’m surprised Jerry didn’t just go ahead and do it a little bit bigger. Cowboys aren’t worrying about cash flow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

It only seats 12,000 not 14,000

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yeah, but this is the Dallas Cowboys we’re talking about. I’m surprised Jerry didn’t just go ahead and do it a little bit bigger. Cowboys aren’t worrying about cash flow.

because he has a 100,000 capacity stadium 35 min away.

• Like 1

There is room for SRO in the end zones at Ford Center...thinking this may have been some sort of home-neutral flip situation and King lost the flip....but like was said playing indoors at a nice venue this time of year isn't all bad....travelling to DFW is no biggie for Longview anyway so its a win/win

Tickets are still available online so its not a sellout yet...this is probably one of those games I'd go ahead and buy online even it means paying a little extra just to ensure I'm in the building...I have a feeling it'll be electric

38 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, that’s a separate issue. Jerry built the Star for the Cowboys to practice in and for Frisco ISD schools to play in every Friday night, plus host big playoff games. They could’ve made the capacity higher, oh well.

I think 12k is a perfect capacity for the vast majority of the playoff games at the Ford Center