5A DIV II AREA Playoff: Nederland (10-1) Vs Marshall (9-2)— 4 PM @ NRG Stadium, Houston

Mavchamp

Nederland Vs. Marshall  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Nederland in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Nederland in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

http://etsn.fm/preview-marshall-looks-to-keep-hot-streak-going-vs-nederland/

JJ is putting up some insane numbers passing and running.
122 of 208, 2,091 yards, 29 TDs, 7 INTs;
87 carries, 626 yards, 5 TDs

Toss in what he did last year:
98 of 216, 1,743 yards, 20 TDs, 8 INTs;
96 carries 535 yards 4 TD

Career to date:
220 of 424 for 3834 yards 49 TDs and 15 INT's....
183 carries for 1,061 yards and 9 touchdowns

And he still has this Friday (and hopefully more) and his senior season too.

He's going to shatter every QB record MHS has.   And that's impressive considering the line-up of QB's we've had through the last 30 years.

• Like 1

No doubt, hands down, Marshall has to be the favorite.  Any 5A-D2 school that stay within 3 points of Carthage has to be a tush-hog.  And yes, Nederland is banged up, but many teams are at this point in the season.  And fans - they’ll just about fill up the lower section of NRG, between Ned and PNG.  There is literally a street between the two towns, and both travel great, and pull for each other (only in playoffs - any other time they can’t stand each other lol).  

The two Districts are comparable, and arguments can be made for which one is best.  As Real Mav Fan pointed out, based on MaxPreps numbers, D-9 is best.  But results on the field indicate otherwise.  Both 1 & 2 in both Districts won, but the other two in D-9 got b-slapped, while Barbers Hill was close to upsetting Manvel until the 4th Qtr turnover bug bit them.  Then you have Lindale’s 14 point victory over Montgomery.  Two D-12 teams defeated them worst than that.  Vidor beat them by 28, and Barbers Hill by 21.  But in reality, which Dist is stronger doesn’t mean diddly-poo. 

The one thing Marshall has to avoid is overconfidence.  These dogs don’t come off the porch barking, they come off biting.  If you matched the two teams up on paper, you’d think Marshall wins easy, but I’ll give you some inside info.  Been watching them Dogs a long time (sitting on the other side, losing).  They have an intangible, Heart.  Them dad gum Bulldogs have big ones.  They should lose to Marshall, but they don’t know that, and won’t believe it until it’s over.  They must really be hurting with injuries because last weeks game should have been an easy victory, but even the little ones bite.  

If your taking your own vehicle, you should plan on staying for a little of the PNG vs Lindale game.  The QB for PNG is an amazing athlete. Will be in burnt orange next year.  Hope all you folks have a safe trip.  Thank goodness most people will be off Friday, so the Houston traffic will only be bad instead of horrendous, lol.

And all you folks have a great Thanksgiving!

On 11/18/2018 at 5:44 PM, Chorizo said:

Yea that’s what I seen,we are banged up now,stud rb broke collarbone couple weeks ago,my son that is senior 3 year starter at qb didn’t play last week due to past injury and some pain so my step son  a jr played qb,game time decision,one dline is out due to a fight at school last week but still a very scrappy team!!This senior group I have coached since they were 7 in football basketball and baseball,always undersized but bigger heart than most,always successful at every sport!We are normally smaller and slower but heart determination and discipline is our success!!Not to mention best coaching staff around!!!!They will study film and shut something down,you will have to adjust game plan and beat Nederland through middle of game adjustments!!!But by no means am I saying you can’t win,from what I hear and have seen on paper your the better team,,and that falls perfectly how Nederland staff wants it,they strive on the underdog Roll!!!

Hope your oldest is ready to go.  Marshall is a durn good team.  Be great if the Dogs had his ability and leadership.  I’ll be at home in Black and Gold.  May have Pirates on it, but it’s the best I can do. :rofl:

PS;  love the emojis on Smoaky.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Hope your oldest is ready to go.  Marshall is a durn good team.  Be great if the Dogs had his ability and leadership.  I’ll be at home in Black and Gold.  May have Pirates on it, but it’s the best I can do. :rofl:

PS;  love the emojis on Smoaky.

He is ready to go!!!!!Thanks

I think it’s hard to be over confident when your opponent is 10-1. 

10-1 doesn’t happen accidentally!  

Not to mention Nederland is a program with rich history. 

Then toss in the fact that Marshall hasn’t advanced 3 rounds deep since 2015.....

There is no way Marshall is overconfident or overlooking the Bulldogs. 

This is my favorite pic I’ve seen from last Friday. 

Not because of the trophy.... but because of what these guys are working together for. 

The community support. 

The school pride.

Seeing them gathered together reaching for something higher. 

Gotta love TXHSFB playoffs. 

186B8AB9-8DD1-488F-AB5F-2E1E885DB4EA.jpeg