Round 2 Van vs Splendora

Vandalman

Van vs Splendora  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

14 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I dont believe Splendora is as good as their 10-1 record would have you believe. Van...something like 35-21. D10 goes 3-0 in rd 2.

This is what I was thinking but Dawgnation2015 assures me it will be 52-49 Van. I can't argue. He nearly nailed it last week lol. I'm happy with either score as long as we get the W.

Splendora just dropped down from 5A.   They competed against the weaker teams in the district. But otherwise was the little brother to the BIG BOYS and got their butt kicked by the top teams.

Their schedule this year was very weak in pre-District and their District schedule was the same.

Van should roll. 

7 hours ago, Vandalman said:

ETSN  also has the game at Homer Bryce on Sat the 24th at 7:00 pm so I guess that's correct.

Not saying it isn't, Just saw that Garrison and Alto took the 7pm time slot at NHS. I will say that up until Wednesday of last week both the Frost/Evadale game and the Joaquin/W.Sabine game were being listed at playing at Bryce-even on the Max preps and FSSW app. Both games played at NHS. I like that the stadiums in nac are being used for playoff games!!

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Not saying it isn't, Just saw that Garrison and Alto took the 7pm time slot at NHS. I will say that up until Wednesday of last week both the Frost/Evadale game and the Joaquin/W.Sabine game were being listed at playing at Bryce-even on the Max preps and FSSW app. Both games played at NHS. I like that the stadiums in nac are being used for playoff games!!

Yeah I'm glad it's in Nac. Almost exactly halfway for both schools. Thanks for pointing out they did a info flipflop last week. 

11 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

MaxPreps and the FSSW are both a bit unreliable....its Sat 7pm at Bryce...I talked to the Splendora HC Sat morning

36 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

MaxPreps and the FSSW are both a bit unreliable....its Sat 7pm at Bryce...I talked to the Splendora HC Sat morning

Matt there seems to be two schools of thought on this game and the outcome.  Fans from BeastTexas see Splendora as overrated and their 10-1 record being a product of a soft schedule.  These fans see Van winning by 14+.  The other fans (many from southeast Texas) see this game as a toss up.  They believe Splendora is that good and will beat Van in a close one.  What do you think?

6 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

You might be right. We will find out Sat night. Welcome to Smoaky. 

Should be a competitive game although they are the underdog they are flying under the radar and on an emotional high from winning their first ever playoff game in school history -

From DCTF article by Matt Stepp 

“Splendora first-ever playoff win
Congrats to head coach Marcus Schulz and the Splendora Wildcats who on Friday night earned their first ever playoff win in school history knocking off Houston North Forest 47-19. The Wildcats' turnaround has been nothing short of remarkable and with the win, improved to 10-1 on the season. In the previous four seasons combined SHS had won just nine games. Splendora will advance to the area playoffs where they will take on Van next Saturday night at Stephen F. Austin University.”