Round 2 Van vs Splendora

Vandalman

Van vs Splendora  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

4 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

From DCTF article by Matt Stepp 

“Splendora first-ever playoff win
Congrats to head coach Marcus Schulz and the Splendora Wildcats who on Friday night earned their first ever playoff win in school history knocking off Houston North Forest 47-19. The Wildcats' turnaround has been nothing short of remarkable and with the win, improved to 10-1 on the season. In the previous four seasons combined SHS had won just nine games. Splendora will advance to the area playoffs where they will take on Van next Saturday night at Stephen F. Austin University.”

6 hours ago, daJayhawk said:

Should be a competitive game although they are the underdog they are flying under the radar and on an emotional high from winning their first ever playoff game in school history -

4AD1 football "down south" does not get a lot of respect on Smoaky because it has not been very good recently. Splendora can take a step towards changing that perception with a win over a very good Van team. I dont expect it to happen but if it does I like my crow deep fried lol.

3 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

4AD1 football "down south" does not get a lot of respect on Smoaky because it has not been very good recently. Splendora can take a step towards changing that perception with a win over a very good Van team. I dont expect it to happen but if it does I like my crow deep fried lol.

Win or loose I don't plan on eating any crow nor should you - just a couple of fans expressing their view points - Crow eaten is reserved for the over the top  over zealous fans . I agree it would be a big upset if Splendora wins - if Vans wins they have to earn it - it wont be a cake walk - should be a fun game !

Splendora won’t be able to contain Vans Defense but on the other hand if Splendora pulls the win you have other D.O.D. Brothers to deal with lol if you defeat one D.O.D. You can’t defeat us all, you would have Henderson and if you get past them you would have Carthage, no way Splendora gets thru all three East Texas Beast Texas Teams, won’t go to far, one after the other.

2 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Splendora won’t be able to contain Vans Defense but on the other hand if Splendora pulls the win you have other D.O.D. Brothers to deal with lol if you defeat one D.O.D. You can’t defeat us all, you would have Henderson and if you get past them you would have Carthage, no way Splendora gets thru all three East Texas Beast Texas Teams.

One game at a time - no-one claimed Splendora to be world beaters -

1 minute ago, LionKing12172920 said:

No but it will get tougher down the stretch for Splendora.

Agreed - right now they're going to be playing in only their 2nd playoff  game in school history ( 74 yrs) they are definitely not looking past anybody just glad to be here .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daJayhawk said:

Agreed - right now they're going to be playing in only their 2nd playoff  game in school history ( 74 yrs) they are definitely not looking past anybody just glad to be here .

Splendora has been to playoffs numerous times in school history. This is first time to win a playoff game. I myself played in 2 playoff games for Splendora in the 90’s.

This game is big deal to this community and the players. They are playing with a huge high. They have nothing to loose and all but respect to gain.

This game will be a true test to see where we really stand. I know nothing about van, but what I see on max preps videos. Do believe the cats have a shot to pull this off. 

They have been underdogs for last few years, so that is nothing new to them. Shultz really impressed me this year by adopting a totally new offensive scheme this season from the wing t to a rpo. The rpo really caters to his athletes. Qb over 1600 pass yds and three backs over 1000 total yards.  Special teams have been superior also. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SplendoraFan said:

Splendora has been to playoffs numerous times in school history. This is first time to win a playoff game. I myself played in 2 playoff games for Splendora in the 90’s.

This game is big deal to this community and the players. They are playing with a huge high. They have nothing to loose and all but respect to gain.

This game will be a true test to see where we really stand. I know nothing about van, but what I see on max preps videos. Do believe the cats have a shot to pull this off. 

They have been underdogs for last few years, so that is nothing new to them. Shultz really impressed me this year by adopting a totally new offensive scheme this season from the wing t to a rpo. The rpo really caters to his athletes. Qb over 1600 pass yds and three backs over 1000 total yards.  Special teams have been superior also. 

Good post !   I'm a Dayton fan just been on here representing Splendora since you were in our district until you dropped down this year - good luck and bring back the win for SE TX.

9 hours ago, SplendoraFan said:

1600 passing yards and 3 backs over 1000 is impressive. Splendora certainly has a punchers chance. 

Kudos to coaches willing to adapt their system to fit their talent.

1 hour ago, Hlion said:

So is Chapel Hill I mean getting beat by 50 just shows you Know how to take a whipping . However winning said games whole different ball game

Which they've done since moving down to 4A...if you look at their scores from 2017 they were fairly competitive 20-7 loss to New Caney, 16-9 loss to Kingwood Park, 38-20 loss to Crosby...Van's the favorite here but Splendora's resume isn't as bad you'd think...

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Which they've done since moving down to 4A...if you look at their scores from 2017 they were fairly competitive 20-7 loss to New Caney, 16-9 loss to Kingwood Park, 38-20 loss to Crosby...Van's the favorite here but Splendora's resume isn't as bad you'd think...

Basically they beat all the teams they were supposed to except one.  Dropped a game they probably win 8 out of 10 times to Shepherd. Sitting at 10-1 looks pretty good but they are going up against a Van team that’s likely their most talented opponent to date.  I still see a high scoring shootout full of offense.  First one to 50 wins!