Grand Saline vs Newton

TheShadowKnows

Oh man. This looks really bad. 

Back in the 2005 Playoffs GS was handed their worst loss in school history 64-0 against Paul Pewitt. (3rd Worst Loss in School History)

Then in 2014, the weakest GS team in recent memory lost to Malakoff 77-0. (worst Loss in School history) -That GS team was 0-10 and playing all sops and juniors. 

Then in the 2015 playoffs, Gunter beat GS 66-0. (2nd worst loss in school history, Gunter was VERY Good that year)

Those are the 3 worst losses in program history, and I have a feeling Newton is going to rewrite that record book. I sure hope not. 

24 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

Crazy as it may seem, if what I have been told is true.....this year's 8th graders stay on course they are gonna be one of the best football classes to play for the Purple Beast. 

They lost to Corrigan.. Corrigan 8th graders went undefeated..m

2 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Crazy as it may seem, if what I have been told is true.....this year's 8th graders stay on course they are gonna be one of the best football classes to play for the Purple Beast. 

This is not a homer comment....But Arp vs Newton in 2023 will be Epic! Watch and see!

• Like 1
  • Stinks 2

1 hour ago, Tiger1995 said:

This is not a homer comment....But Arp vs Newton in 2023 will be Epic! Watch and see!

Did ARP make the playoffs this year, they usually have a pretty good team.

Just now, Robhollow84 said:

They handed us our last whoopin, which is no easy task!

Yeah injuries killed us last year and Youth got us this year...We had 7 sr's this year and really only 3 played meaningful time and 1 of those was hurt out for the season halfway through. Had I believe 9 Sophomores starting, 1 Freshman and the rest jr's. Our JV lost 1 game to Harmony which has 50 freaking kids on it's JV and our 8th grade won district undefeated. 7th had 2 losses. So I think just from looking at those groups Arp will be on the rise again starting next year. Atleast we hope anyways.

Yeah injuries killed us last year and Youth got us this year...We had 7 sr's this year and really only 3 played meaningful time and 1 of those was hurt out for the season halfway through. Had I believe 9 Sophomores starting, 1 Freshman and the rest jr's. Our JV lost 1 game to Harmony which has 50 freaking kids on it's JV and our 8th grade won district undefeated. 7th had 2 losses. So I think just from looking at those groups Arp will be on the rise again starting next year. Atleast we hope anyways.

It happens to every team sooner or later, I don’t see our program slowing down to much for the next couple of years

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheLionWire said:

Back in the 2005 Playoffs GS was handed their worst loss in school history 64-0 against Paul Pewitt. (3rd Worst Loss in School History)

Then in 2014, the weakest GS team in recent memory lost to Malakoff 77-0. (worst Loss in School history) -That GS team was 0-10 and playing all sops and juniors. 

Then in the 2015 playoffs, Gunter beat GS 66-0. (2nd worst loss in school history, Gunter was VERY Good that year)

Those are the 3 worst losses in program history, and I have a feeling Newton is going to rewrite that record book. I sure hope not. 

I dont see newton setting the record.  They may get close to the 3rd place (64 point win).  Newton likes to get about a 50 point lead and then let their FG kicker go to work.  BTW he is awesome and I dont hear enough fuss about him.  

11 minutes ago, nopantzlance said:

I dont see newton setting the record.  They may get close to the 3rd place (64 point win).  Newton likes to get about a 50 point lead and then let their FG kicker go to work.  BTW he is awesome and I dont hear enough fuss about him.  

He is an awesome kicker and also a respectful young man, he spends a lot of time with my son fishing and hanging out. Damn good kid!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TheLionWire said:

Newton’s coach want run it up just for the heck of it. He’s a class act. 

40 minutes ago, Robhollow84 said:

D Field or Harmony are the only teams with enough depth and speed to pose any kind of challenge to Newton, still won’t be enough though.

Harmony is Legit....They have a ton of Depth/size and speed....Troup and Waskom are both very good....but I don't see either matching up to Newton. Don't get me wrong...Harmony won't beat Newton....But maybe they keep yall under 50 and score 2-3 TD's. They are doing the one thing well that I think it's going to take to play with Newton....BALL CONTROL!

2 minutes ago, Robhollow84 said:

Dreamed it all the way to a state title LAST YEAR 😎

Different year my friend, are yall the favorite? Yes.... have yall won it yet? No... theres a few teams that have a say so this year as well.... Gunter,canadian,harmony are a few at the top of my head.... dont get me wrong newton is a dynamic squad but the mighty have fell quite a few times b4. Its yalls to lose no doubt but it wont be easy