Grand Saline vs Newton

TheShadowKnows

12 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

How did arps 8th grade do this year bud?  Any special talent that’s coming up? 

Undefeated D champs and 7th grade tied one with Troup and Lost one to troup. Both teams showed promise. The Freshman Group this year is really good. Stud QB coming up and good size everywhere. The RB from JV FR Kadaylon Williams was moved up to Varsity at the end of the season and started on defense. Gotta keep in mind Arp started 9 Sophomores this year on varsity and a hand full of jr's...We where young. I think Next year we will be pretty good...but the year after we should be really really good. All depends on growth and maturity with kids....Arp spent an entire year changing it's offensive strategy and has went to an RPO spread from 7th up. So for the older kids on varsity it was a tough learning curve after having spent the last 5 years in the Flexbone/I formation. Arp does still utilize the Veer in the I....don't think that'll ever change because that's what has always worked well for Arp

• Stinks 1

11 hours ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

I believe Jefferson's JV edged you guys out. Our JV lost once only to Mount Vernon 

yeah just looked at that one....your correct brother my bad...they only lost one game in District. Lost to WR, Jeff and Harmony on the season. All close games though.

• Stinks 1

2 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

yeah just looked at that one....your correct brother my bad...they only lost one game in District. Lost to WR, Jeff and Harmony on the season. All close games though.

Yea I was actually shocked. Coming into that game, Jefferson's JV had smashed 2 different 4A JV teams (Pitt, Center). I believe we beat yall 10-6. They had to work from start to finish.  

1 minute ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

Yea I was actually shocked. Coming into that game, Jefferson's JV had smashed their first 3 opponents. I believe we beat yall 10-6. They had to work from start to finish.  

Our freshman group is solid. Been a great group of kids since they was in TeeBall. Looking forward to seeing how they grow and come out at the Varsity level. RB Williams and QB Bryant are studs.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

4 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Undefeated D champs and 7th grade tied one with Troup and Lost one to troup. Both teams showed promise. The Freshman Group this year is really good. Stud QB coming up and good size everywhere. The RB from JV FR Kadaylon Williams was moved up to Varsity at the end of the season and started on defense. Gotta keep in mind Arp started 9 Sophomores this year on varsity and a hand full of jr's...We where young. I think Next year we will be pretty good...but the year after we should be really really good. All depends on growth and maturity with kids....Arp spent an entire year changing it's offensive strategy and has went to an RPO spread from 7th up. So for the older kids on varsity it was a tough learning curve after having spent the last 5 years in the Flexbone/I formation. Arp does still utilize the Veer in the I....don't think that'll ever change because that's what has always worked well for Arp

Sounds like an awesome group coming up! And most definitely next few years arp will be hard to handle.. 

our 8th grade was undefeated district champs as well.. got 3 running backs on that team that could have started on JV this year..   and our QB on that team is the son to an athlete that played at CC in 1997 and still holds the rushing record for over 3,000 yards Anthony Harrell was his name,  both of his sons play on the team, one is QB and RB..   and this could possibly be the biggest group I’ve seen come through CC .. they looked like a very big JV team this year so I’m very excited to see after they get in the weight room for a year... 

2 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Sounds like an awesome group coming up! And most definitely next few years arp will be hard to handle.. 

our 8th grade was undefeated district champs as well.. got 3 running backs on that team that could have started on JV this year..   and our QB on that team is the son to an athlete that played at CC in 1997 and still holds the rushing record for over 3,000 yards Anthony Harrell was his name,  both of his sons play on the team, one is QB and RB..   and this could possibly be the biggest group I’ve seen come through CC .. they looked like a very big JV team this year so I’m very excited to see after they get in the weight room for a year... 

sweet sounds like good times ahead

1 minute ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Im probably coming to watch yalls game at pirate stadium Friday before our game!  Hoping y’all put on a good show! Lol I will be doing a lil scouting.... 

If stoney hasn't invited you yet. You're more than welcome to come sit with myself and a handful of others from sdc. Jett will be there. Maybe even a guest appearance from NB lol... there will be about 10 of us 

21 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

If stoney hasn't invited you yet. You're more than welcome to come sit with myself and a handful of others from sdc. Jett will be there. Maybe even a guest appearance from NB lol... there will be about 10 of us 

I sure will man!  I’m gonna try my best to make that one before our game at 7:30..   hope y’all can make it to our game as well! It’s probably gonna be a good one! 

12 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I sure will man!  I’m gonna try my best to make that one before our game at 7:30..   hope y’all can make it to our game as well! It’s probably gonna be a good one! 

Good deal man. I'm going to try and make yalls too. I have the InLaws this weekend :cuss:

19 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Omfg :headbang: I just got done watching Newtons videos..... I'm speechless 🤫

I just want to watch yall in person now. Just as a fan. YALL ARE FREAKING SAVAGES...... 

DeathRow 

We have a really awesome team, we have three starters that didn’t play against PP, that’s not including #8 Brown

3 minutes ago, Robhollow84 said:

We have a really awesome team, we have three starters that didn’t play against PP, that’s not including #8 Brown

I'm sure yalls backups are good. Yall are loaded everywhere. Only team I know that scored very much was Gilmer. Curious as to how they scored against yalls D 

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

Y'all MAY get to have y'alls presence graced by the ole TTman. I'm still undecided...the lack of teeth in the DF crowd may scare me off. 😝