Grand Saline vs Newton

TheShadowKnows

32 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

I'm sure yalls backups are good. Yall are loaded everywhere. Only team I know that scored very much was Gilmer. Curious as to how they scored against yalls D 

We went into the 4th leading like 44-18.  Just got lax but make no mistake Gilmer has a lot of talent 

2 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

I'm sure yalls backups are good. Yall are loaded everywhere. Only team I know that scored very much was Gilmer. Curious as to how they scored against yalls D 

We got tired lol they were subbing 4 guys to our none lol they had fresh players at all times 

Just going with district and beyond here for all teams and scores considered. 

I think most would agree that a team that can score 36.1 ppg would have a respectable offense.  Even despite being on cruise control with backups in every game, this is actually the average number of points Newton scores in excess of what the defense they are playing normally gives up - scoring 59.8 ppg against defenses that give up 23.7 ppg on average. Newton is also allowing on average 16.4 fewer points than the offenses they are playing normally score - holding teams which score 20.9 ppg to just 4.5 ppg. 

Grand Saline is coming in scoring 24.3 points per game and giving up 20.4 points per game.  In games against opponents who score 24.3 ppg or fewer and give up 20.4 ppg or more, Newton is averaging 59.3 ppg and have shut out all opponents. 

Against teams that score over 40 points per game, Grand Saline allows 51.5 ppg to these teams.

Probably going to be a long afternoon for Grand Saline. 

56-0.   

Newton on top - in case that wasn't clear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

I have watched most of the teams that are currently in the playoffs but this year's newton squad is superior to all of them. Waskom has a really good team but they aren't on the same level. Don't be suprised if newton doesn't shut out everyone they play in the first half and score at least 40 in the first half.

39 minutes ago, Pax said:

Just going with district and beyond here for all teams and scores considered. 

I think most would agree that a team that can score 36.1 ppg would have a respectable offense.  Even despite being on cruise control with backups in every game, this is actually the average number of points Newton scores in excess of what the defense they are playing normally gives up - scoring 59.8 ppg against defenses that give up 23.7 ppg on average. Newton is also allowing on average 16.4 fewer points than the offenses they are playing normally score - holding teams which score 20.9 ppg to just 4.5 ppg. 

Grand Saline is coming in scoring 24.3 points per game and giving up 20.4 points per game.  In games against opponents who score 24.3 ppg or fewer and give up 20.4 ppg or more, Newton is averaging 59.3 ppg and have shut out all opponents. 

Against teams that score over 40 points per game, Grand Saline allows 51.5 ppg to these teams.

Probably going to be a long afternoon for Grand Saline. 

56-0.   

Newton on top - in case that wasn't clear.

Great statistical analysis

• Thanks 1

Certainly proud for GS to be in this game.  Unfortunately, they would only stand a fair chance of beating the Newton JV.  In a sense though, it makes for an easy exit.  Waskom was in that boat couple years back.  Will be harder on Waskom this time cause they are better.