Lindale vs Port Neches-Groves

Jakeelee86

Excited to be playing at NRG. First time Lindale has been to the second round since being in 5A. As far as I know we have never made it past the second round. Hopefully this will be the year. Don’t really know anything about PNG but hopefully it will be a good game. If Lindale plays the way I know they can it should be competitive. I’m really hoping to get to make the game but that’s a heck of a drive. We will see

QB for PNG is as advertised.  He is the real deal.     Very good runner.  IMO make him throw to beat you.   If they get the running game going with him it is over.   Better bring a crowd....PNG will be 15-20 K strong.  With Nederland playing at NRG as well it could be more.   PNG and Nederland support their teams as well as any community in the state.

Like others have pointed out, the PNG QB is one of the best in the state. The Indians are not as dangerous as they were last year, but they can definitely strike quick and often. Stop Johnson and you stop them. When PNG beat Nederland a few games back the game was sold out in a few hours. As another poster said, with both teams playing at NRG the fans travel well. Should be a good game. PNG isn't known for their defense so should be high scoring.

I really hate how both Marshall and Lindale end up playing 4+ hours away from home practically in our opponents' back yards.

I'm pretty sure Nederland and PNG will FAR out-number what Marshall and Lindale bring.

If these games were on Saturday.....I think crowds would be comparable.  

But a 4PM Friday kickoff 4 hours away is a tall order.

LUCKILY..... the size of a crowd doesn't determine who wins a game.  You can make a big crowd really quiet with some big plays against them.

GOOD LUCK EAGLES...... I'm pulling for you guys!

7 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I really hate how both Marshall and Lindale end up playing 4+ hours away from home practically in our opponents' back yards.

I'm pretty sure Nederland and PNG will FAR out-number what Marshall and Lindale bring.

If these games were on Saturday.....I think crowds would be comparable.  

But a 4PM Friday kickoff 4 hours away is a tall order.

LUCKILY..... the size of a crowd doesn't determine who wins a game.  You can make a big crowd really quiet with some big plays against them.

GOOD LUCK EAGLES...... I'm pulling for you guys!

Both of these teams fans pack Stadiums no matter where they play. It’s how old East use to be.

We have good size on Oline. A couple of young ones, due to being moved up because of injuries. We have a Field General at QB. He can run and throw. He gets quite a few carries. Sometimes up to 36 a game, but our starting RB has been out. We have several decent WR's. RJ didn't run as much vs Houston Northside, we utilized our RB's and he aired it out more than usual.

Our defense had a slow start but has had a complete turnaround.

We have respect for every team we play. We know there are no gimmes in the playoffs.

We travel very well. Rain or shine. With the Nederland game before us, I suspect a lot of those fans will stay for our game. We'll be at their game. We show a lot of support for the teams in our district.

Our Band is big and loud. If you hear Cherokee a 100 + times, your season is over..lol

You can find a bunch of us running our mouths on our local sites setxsports and pngindians.

Lindale is a very scrappy team. They don’t make many mistakes. Our running back is a beast but did kind of fall off the last 2 district games. He looked more like himself last Friday. Our QB is pretty dang good too. He is big and can run some people over. He also has a good arm and is pretty accurate. We have 3 to 4 WR that are really good and can pull down some passes. Our defense isn’t much to speak of to be honest. They can make plays at times but are definitely our weakness. One thing about Lindale though is even though they are one of the smallest 5A schools in the state they play hard and fight every down. I believe this game will be a lot of fun

I'm kind of torn in picking this game. I know one of the Lindale coaches and I've always pulled for whatever team he is coaching. Well, except when his team was playing my Bears. That being said both my grandsons go to PNG. 

Wish I could have taken my grandsons to this game but my Bears are playing. Saw both the Indians and Lindale play last year (not each other) and both are really good this year. Should be a great game and the fans that have never been to NRG will love it.

Safe travels to both teams and fans!

PNG takes this one. Roschon is a 7000 plus yard career passer and the schools all time passing leader. He is also a few hundred yards away from being the schools all time rusher. Try to commit too hard to any one element of his game will leave you beaten with the other. He beat Nederland with his legs  and the week later he threw for 250 and 4 tds. If you cant score, or disrupt Roschon in the backfield, you will not win. That make him pass thing doesn't make sense to me considering this is a player with multiple 250 plus yard passing games, 80 plus career td passes, multiple 3 plus td passing game, a 5 td passing game, and a game with 10 total tds.