Lindale vs Port Neches-Groves

Jakeelee86

2 hours ago, Jakeelee86 said:

Lindale’s QB does stuff like that a lot. I’m not saying he’s as good but he is really good

Should be a great game, watching 2 good QB's going at it. Blowout games are boring. I'm expecting to be on the edge of my seat. We've been in some close, whoever has the ball last, games. Our Chief (HC) has been excellent at clock management. 

Just now, Golfingnut said:

Brag all you want. He's a great player and deserves all the accolades given. Texas is getting a good one!

Thats what Im saying. His high school career is 4 quarters away from being done each game he plays now. Lets celebrate what he has done for us at PNG and setx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

Nice! I can see him giving our D some fits.

I see he's a senior. I bet yall's district is happy to see him graduate..lol

I know our district is overjoyed to see RJ graduate..lol

Yea it’s gonna hurt to lose him. Honestly our running back has been our best player this year though. He’s only a sophomore but is a beast. 

22 minutes ago, Jakeelee86 said:

Unfortunately I can’t say a whole lot for  our defense.  They aren’t terrible but they definitely aren’t great either 

Sounds like yall have been like us...outscoring everybody. We've been pretty harsh on our defense (PNG is a tough crowd).I guess they had enough. 4 games back, they woke up and have been pretty darn good. Really proud of those guys.

16 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Sounds like yall have been like us...outscoring everybody. We've been pretty harsh on our defense (PNG is a tough crowd).I guess they had enough. 4 games back, they woke up and have been pretty darn good. Really proud of those guys.

Fans can be tough, but it's hard when the offense is having to score 60 or even 70 points to win a game, like what they did last year.

That being said, the PNG defense has been a lot better this year. It's ok to give up 20 or 30 points if you have the kind of offense the Indians have. There are a lot of good "bend but not break" defenses that always seem to come up with the plays needed in critical times. They give up a lot of yards but know what to do to keep winning. Also a lot of those high octane offenses strike quickly. Good for putting up points but sure keeps their defense on the field more. No defense can be great over the course of a game if they are constantly on the field.