Lindale vs Port Neches-Groves

Jakeelee86

54 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Fans can be tough, but it's hard when the offense is having to score 60 or even 70 points to win a game, like what they did last year.

That being said, the PNG defense has been a lot better this year. It's ok to give up 20 or 30 points if you have the kind of offense the Indians have. There are a lot of good "bend but not break" defenses that always seem to come up with the plays needed in critical times. They give up a lot of yards but know what to do to keep winning. Also a lot of those high octane offenses strike quickly. Good for putting up points but sure keeps their defense on the field more. No defense can be great over the course of a game if they are constantly on the field.

I agree. Our dynamics on offense have changed somewhat, with the loss of Riggs and Stansbury at WR. We can still strike quick, but seems like our drives have been a bit more time consuming. Which is good.

31 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I agree. Our dynamics on offense have changed somewhat, with the loss of Riggs and Stansbury at WR. We can still strike quick, but seems like our drives have been a bit more time consuming. Which is good.

Absolutely, and I have noticed that this year.

15 hours ago, NDNation said:

Teams always do this to prepare for us..lol That doesn't sound like what we play but similar. 

So true. When we played Png during that week they would have Cherokee playing in stead of a bell. We would have Cherokee playing all the time. Our band would even play Cherokee during the games. I didn't think that PNG liked Cherokee played back at them

• Like 1

I read this site much each football season. I never say much because My PN-G Indians are never discussed on here. I do talk about Shelbyville because I have family living there and own land there as well. I like this site and most people on here are pretty nice. I have PN-G in this one. I have watched two full games of Lindale playing and I have seen 20 + games of Mr. Roschon Johnson lead Indians in three years. Roschon has passed for 7380 yards on 484 completions and thrown for 83 touchdown passes. Roschon has also rushed for 4494 yards in 35 games which is an average of 124.4 yards per game. He has rushed for 77 TD's.  His averages are 210 yards per game passing and 124 yards per game rushing. He passes for 2.4 TD's per game and rushes for 2.2 TD's per game. The word dynamic fits him perfectly. He is a 4-star recruit and headed to the University of Texas in the spring. I believe we will be to much for Lindale. PN-G's defense started the season not doing too well. After some adjustments, they have turned it around holding our last opponents to Santa Fe 19 points, Barbers Hill 14, Nederland 21, and Houston Northside to 7 after all the backups were in. All four of these teams are playoff teams with Nederland still playing. Barbers Hill scored 42 on Manvel two weeks later. We are a much-improved team. Our team is loaded with young talent with as many as 8 starters on offense back next season. I think we match up well against Lindale and I expect it to be close at first with the Indians pulling away in the second half. Good luck Lindale and hope for safe travels for you guys. Roschon has accounted for 11874 yards and 160 touchdowns in 3 seasons.

INdians.jpg