2A Division 1 Area Playoff: Alto Yellowjackets (8-3) vs. Garrison Bulldogs (9-2) @ 7:00 p.m. Friday 11/23/18 | Nacogdoches HS

StingEmALTO

Area Playoffs: Alto vs. Garrison  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Rematch! Who advances to Round 3?

• Alto
    • Garrison

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2018 at 01:00 AM

Rematch time! The Alto Yellowjackets (8-3) will take on the Garrison Bulldogs (9-2) in the Area round of the 2A high school playoffs at 7:00 p.m. Friday, November 23rd at Nacogdoches High School. Garrison is home; Alto visitors. The Bulldogs defeated the Jackets 35-21 in Week 4 of the regular season in a pre-district contest. The score was tied 21-21 with around 4 minutes left in the game when Garrison pulled away. The Jackets turned the ball over 7 times in that game! Can the Mean Sting avenge the loss in Round 2 or do the Dawgs win their 10th straight game?

ALTO ( 8-3 / 4-1 )

W1 - @ PALESTINE WESTWOOD 48-28
W2 - TIMPSON 51-27
W3 - @ NEW DIANA 32-14
W4 - GARRISON 21-35
W5 - CORRIGAN-CAMDEN 26-39
W6 - BYE 
W7 - BIG SANDY 21-12
W8 - @ PRICE CARLISLE 12-55
W9 - CUSHING 27-8
W10 - HAWKINS 55-0
W11 - @ UNION GROVE 34-0 
W12 - NORMANGEE 47-16 

GARRISON ( 9-2 / 6-0 )

W1 - @ TYLER TK GORMAN 41-42
W2 - CROCKETT 20-34
W3 - @ SAN AUGUSTINE 48-39
W4 - @ ALTO 35-21
W5 - JOAQUIN 35-15
W6 - @ LINDEN-KILDARE 49-35
W7 - TIMPSON 41-18
W8 - @ BECKVILLE 41-35
W9 - TENAHA 49-42
W10 - @ HARLETON 34-6
W11 - BYE 
W12 - GROVETON 56-27

• Like 1

I’ve seen both teams play, though I believe Alto has made some changes since I saw them last. Based on what I have seen, IF both teams are going in injury free I see a lopsided victory in favor of Garrison.  

Garrison has a big explosive O line that will uproot you and put you on your back where the linebackers should be. The running back is a big and methodical runner that will 6 yard you to death every run.  

The defense has ran into some issues in the tough district 11 but they got the job done.  

But the single largest factor in my opinion, based off my observation, is that Garrison plays clean football with limited mistakes. And Alto has had the tendency to make mistakes and have some turnover issues. 

If you do not play mistake free football against Garrison you run the risk of getting blown out fairly early.  

Prediction: A hard nosed contest the first half but Alto mistakes plus Garrison Offense begins to wear Alto down middle of the 3rd for a final of 42-21.

21-21 going into the 4th quarter first time, Alto had 5 turnovers in the first half, and 7 total. We had over 15 penalties, and Thacker was suspended then. High didn’t even play in the second half, because of his fumbles. All that said, if and that’s a big if for Alto this year, we clean some of that up we can play with Garrison. Our safety and best receiver may not be able to play, he is in a walking boot. It should be a good game, I like our chances. Alto 35 Garrison 30

10 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Looking forward to seeing the Alto band again ... it's worth going to the game just to see them ... tru storie ...

Yeah, that band works hard, if our football team would get some of their work ethic and dedication we would be hard to beat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Looking forward to seeing the Alto band again ... it's worth going to the game just to see them ... tru storie ...

Thanks Kirt! They are an entertaining group. My son has been under the leadership of our band director since 7th grade; he’s a junior now! Mr. E has built a great program, and it really adds to our game day experience each Friday night! They keep things lively and the boys and fans pumped! Lol

6 hours ago, Alto44 said:

Yeah, that band works hard, if our football team would get some of their work ethic and dedication we would be hard to beat.

I believe we’ve come a long way in that department this year. The coaches and kids are putting in the time and working very hard. Heading in a very positive direction in my opinion.  

I’m pulling for Alto on this one. They didn’t have Thacker their first go at Garrison and had numerous fumbles and penalties. After Alto’s last few games I think they can pull through with a W as long as they keep their momentum and keep the penalties to a minimum. 

Opposing teams must love getting on Alto threads though so they can see who is out before they play them.

• Stinks 1

9 hours ago, Alto44 said:

1 hour ago, YouKnow25 said:

I’m pulling for Alto on this one. They didn’t have Thacker their first go at Garrison and had numerous fumbles and penalties. After Alto’s last few games I think they can pull through with a W as long as they keep their momentum and keep the penalties to a minimum. 

Opposing teams must love getting on Alto threads though so they can see who is out before they play them.

Alto44 are you from ALTO? If so why constantly blast our football team. I believe they have worked really hard to get where they are. 

• Stinks 1