2A Division 1 Area Playoff: Alto Yellowjackets (8-3) vs. Garrison Bulldogs (9-2) @ 7:00 p.m. Friday 11/23/18 | Nacogdoches HS

StingEmALTO

Area Playoffs: Alto vs. Garrison  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Rematch! Who advances to Round 3?

• Alto
    • Garrison

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2018 at 01:00 AM

48 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Most moronic comment of the post. Coaches fault? You barely mustered a response from me. Let’s hear your brilliant preventative disciplinary measures please. Especially when the coach suspended the 1st star player 5 games at the beginning of the year. Did you know that drug testing is not mandated by the UIL? So to say we lack discipline is absurd. If anything, we are at a higher standard disciplinary and accountability wise. How many coaches do you know that drug test their best RB (a running back leading ET in rushing) right before the playoffs and put their livelihood on the line for the greater good of teaching someone a tough life lesson? I applaud our coach. Period.

Can't believe that I am about to say this, but I agree with you. Kudos to the coach for teaching a life lesson that is way bigger than football.

54 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

Can't believe that I am about to say this, but I agree with you. Kudos to the coach for teaching a life lesson that is way bigger than football.

I may be wrong, but I don’t believe anyone else in our district drug tests. Alto drug tests everyone who participates in a after school event. The lack of discipline is at the house for these kids, Coaches can’t be with kids 24/7. I guess you could tell the kids when the drug test is going to happen, so they aren’t at school that day, like in the past. 

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Alto didn't give Garrison anything ... lol ... our defense cause most of those turnovers ... and the officiating kept the game a lot closer than it should have been ... your "home cookin" clock operator probably cost us another score before the half running almost 2 1/2 minutes off the clock after two first down runs and two plays that went out of bounds where he never stopped the clock forcing us to throw several passes with about 18 seconds left when there should have been almost 2 minutes left .... that game shouldn't have been anywhere near as close as it was .... 

No it shouldn’t have been as close as it was. Actually, we prolly should’ve won lol

We coasted last week in the Groveton game from opening kickoff until we started subbing the JV early in the third.  We won't be able to do that this week because Alto has some weapons.  We have played some halves of football this year that were so good we could have beat anyone in the state.  I have also seen us play a couple quarters where anyone in the state could have beat us.  So far, we have had enough offensive firepower to overcome those quarters, but our opponents couldn't overcome those halves.  If we ever figure out how good we can be and put our foot on the gas, this team could be hard to hold in the curves.  I think we keep our foot on the gas this week and open some eyes.

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

And then you woke up from your dream... lol ...

We will see Friday night, it will be a good game. I hope your boys come in with your same mind set, if they do y’all will get a jump on Tenaha with basketball.

Most coaches do random drug testing if they have a reason to be concerned!  Garrison has lost a few at playoff time in recent years.   I don’t understand what these kids are thinking when they risk suspension and lettting down the team and really the whole damn town.   Senior leadership goes a long way in showing the underclass man the way things work and don’t risk it.  Going with the Dawgs!  49-27

2 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

I would take Alto, but I feel Garrison will force turnovers and run away late with it.  Maybe if Alto had hung around with Carlisle a little better I would feel differently!  Good luck to both teams!

Well you may be right, but against Carlisle we threw three picks to defensive linemen. I’m not sure we could do that again if we tried, just plain bad luck and bad decisions. Carlisle is really good, but we shot ourselves in the foot early, and had a few lay down on us. Hopefully, we learned from that spanking, and have a little better luck against Garrison this time. 

1 minute ago, Alto44 said:

Well you may be right, but against Carlisle we threw three picks to defensive linemen. I’m not sure we could do that again if we tried, just plain bad luck and bad decisions. Carlisle is really good, but we shot ourselves in the foot early, and had a few lay down on us. Hopefully, we learned from that spanking, and have a little better luck against Garrison this time. 

I know you can run the ball on Garrison.  Keep em off the field with long drives and yall win!  Your o line will need to have a great game!

• Stinks 1

Sure hope I’m back in town for this one.....gonna be close.....I’ll take alto by 2....may come down to has the ball last or whoever makes the last turnover...I’m looking for Thacker to put some good tape out on D....we all know what he can do offensively running the ball but I’m looking to see if he can disrupt on defense, if he can then we have a dang good shot

7 hours ago, Alto44 said:

I may be wrong, but I don’t believe anyone else in our district drug tests. Alto drug tests everyone who participates in a after school event. The lack of discipline is at the house for these kids, Coaches can’t be with kids 24/7. I guess you could tell the kids when the drug test is going to happen, so they aren’t at school that day, like in the past. 

Carlisle drug tests. They lost two starters last year just before the final regular season game.

2 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

Carlisle drug tests. They lost two starters last year just before the final regular season game.

Everyone should drug test, but unfortunately that’s not the case. We’ll be fine it’s just tough losing a 2,000 yard rusher the week before playoffs. 

8 hours ago, Alto44 said:

Big sandy does and I know Hawkins did when I was in school long, long ago.

8 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

Big sandy does and I know Hawkins did when I was in school long, long ago.

Alto has been testing since the early 90s. Every kid who participates in any extra-curricular activity (including academic UIL) is tested. Everyone gets an initial test in order to participate before the student’s respective season begins (that means practice!). Then random tests are given periodically throughout the year. No one knows the day they are coming, only that there is a window of time. It is a good deterrent and gives kids the opportunity to say NO.

With that said, kids make bad choices. Adults, too, for that matter. Been happening for decades and centuries and will continue. Learn from your mistakes! So many life lessons to be learned when you accept consequences and make a change. 

I’m glad we have this policy and believe it really helps our kids, even if the consequence has a far-reaching effect. Another good life lesson though: your individual actions affect more than just you. I’m proud we have administrators and coaches who adhere to our own local rules and expectations. We are better for it in the long run. 

• Like 1