2A Division 1 Area Playoff: Alto Yellowjackets (8-3) vs. Garrison Bulldogs (9-2) @ 7:00 p.m. Friday 11/23/18 | Nacogdoches HS

StingEmALTO

Area Playoffs: Alto vs. Garrison  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Rematch! Who advances to Round 3?

• Alto
    • Garrison

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2018 at 01:00 AM

8 hours ago, Juiced07 said:

Not that I’m aware of. At least not in the modern era, (since 1960) Possibly in the 30’s

Yeah I think most of the times that they have been in the same division/ classification, they’ve wound up in the same district. And aside from the Groveton/ Alto teams of the late 80s/ early 90s, it was rare to see district rematches in the playoffs until we got more teams in the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Good luck to them yellow jackets from everyone at CC! Safe travels to both teams! 

Thanks! Same to Corrigan-Camden. Y’all have a little distance to travel for your game. We’re in the playoffs and playing closer to home than anytime this year! 😂 (Crockett and Nac!)

13 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Thanks! Same to Corrigan-Camden. Y’all have a little distance to travel for your game. We’re in the playoffs and playing closer to home than anytime this year! 😂 (Crockett and Nac!)

Yeah what’s really cool about our region is that there are only two teams outside of the Henderson/ Nacogdoghes immediate area still playing. Makes for short road trips. We played in Nacogdoches last week, Carthage this week. Beats the heck out of driving to Tyler. 

17 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Yeah what’s really cool about our region is that there are only two teams outside of the Henderson/ Nacogdoghes immediate area still playing. Makes for short road trips. We played in Nacogdoches last week, Carthage this week. Beats the heck out of driving to Tyler. 

Or ALLEN!!! 😂 i.e. Rusk v Pitt 🤣

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes sir it’s bout 2 hours and 9 minutes to the stadium from my house...😂 

I’m probably gonna go up there early cause harmony and daingerfield is playing in Longview as well at 2 and we get the winner out of them if we take care of business Friday night...  so we shall see how it goes.... 

5 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I’m probably gonna go up there early cause harmony and daingerfield is playing in Longview as well at 2 and we get the winner out of them if we take care of business Friday night...  so we shall see how it goes.... 

Sounds like a great plan! Fun to watch your upcoming opponent. The winners will probably stay for your game (feels good to win and then get to watch your opponent!). Losers.....well, they get the sad ride home. Good luck!

6 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I've been doing the Jacksonville to SA drive every Friday.  Not fun.  Glad we are playing a little closer.

6 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Y’all will get Harmony ✔️

FYI Jacket and Bulldog fans, I got the following message today:

“Sidelines, the new sports bar in Nac, where Old Union Cafe used to be is going to have major specials before and after Alto-Garrison football game. Super cool place....they have memorabilia from all county schools on display!!!”

Never been there but could be worth checking out!

• Like 1

Just now, Greezychef said:

That's what is so great about our game tomorrow.  It's at 2.  Won't have to wait long to get it on.  I'd love to beat the mess out of Centerville. 

I think you will! Hope the rain holds off. Supposed to be clear by our kickoff at 7:00! Are you going to a game after the Tenaha game?

On 11/22/2018 at 8:12 AM, trueblue82 said:

Yeah I think most of the times that they have been in the same division/ classification, they’ve wound up in the same district. And aside from the Groveton/ Alto teams of the late 80s/ early 90s, it was rare to see district rematches in the playoffs until we got more teams in the playoffs. 

SA was in a higher classification always before 2000’s...  so they would not have played any playoff games against each other... they most likely played pre-district games... I know Garrison played them quite a bit in pre-district.