Flat Earth Wackos vs. Scripture, Science and a Spherical Earth.......

CarthDawg77

21 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

A few legitimate questions I have @mav01 with regards to a flat earth:

1) What are the exact measurements of this flat earth? What's the volume of this flat earth? How were you able to find these calculations?

2) If you were to fly to the "eastern" boundary and you kept going, what would happen?

3) Is this flat earth floating in space? If so, what is space? How big is it?

4) What is the sun? What is the moon? What are the other observable celestial bodies?

You claim to be Christian but don't know your Bible or just perceive it as you are told to perceive it. I don't fault you because you are the same as I USED to be, and so many other Christians that are deceived through our beast school system. I truly wish you the best and just try to do the lords work during these last days. The truth is deep but God said everything that's in the dark will come to the light. Then we get out of school and watch their propaganda in the form of "entertainment" the rest of our adult lives. 

The questions you ask make it obvious you look to mainstream scientism for answers instead of your Bible. Trust in the lord only and not man. Men are too easily swayed by greed and wealth. God tells us all throughout where we are. We are his "footstool" and there is no space. Have you ever had a footstool that spins and orbits crazy fast?. Not a very good footstool. He is right above us in the firmament (solid molten looking glass dome.. Job 18) (they tell us small truths in movies/shows: example: "Alice in Wonderland Through the Looking Glass) "fixed" "immovable" (1 chronicles 16, Psalm 93, 96, 104) creation that makes for a nice footstool. Without the dome mirror, it would be impossible to have rainbows. (see earlier video on thread) He said after day 6 that it is FINISHED. Then he rested on day 7. Mainstream science tells us we are evolved monkies that live in an ever expanding universe. If that's the case then it's a mockery of the sabbath. What we see and learn is a manifestation of satan(the father of lies) having thousands of years to build up deceptions for the masses. The lies have served him well. It's created millions of atheists and tons more of lukewarm Christians that are halfway in the world of scientism. 

Joshua commanded the moon and sun to "stand still" , not the earth. That would have caused some MAJOR catastrophes.  Both are clearly the same size and follow the same east to west trajectory. We are NOT moving. As we can clearly tell without all the brainwashing. The sky is rotating like a mobile around Polaris(north star). If we traveled millions of miles a year into the vast universe like science tells us, we would not always have Polaris directly north and we wouldnt see the same exact constellations every year since the beginning of time. 

They tell us stars are suns in other galaxies. Go look up real amateur footage of stars and you will see what they really are. The closer you zoom in,  the more it looks like a flashlight being shined in a swimming pool. Which makes sense because God separated the waters above the firmament from the waters below the firmament during day 1. Also, he opened the flood gates in the Noah event. 

Answer to question 1: let me go get my yard stick and measure it for you. There's no way to know. The elites have been controlling our schools since the early 20th century and only teach what they want us to know or believe. I did actually research on this a few years ago and found some interesting things with the Rockefellers and freemasons as it pertains to our early textbooks. 

2: depends, true east as it relates to magnetic north and you will keep circumnavigating the circle of the earth. If you keep flying east and don't ever slightly correct as relates to your compass then you would eventually go south east until you get to Antarctica (the upturned edge that Augusta Picard saw from the stratosphere). If you keep flying over the ice barrier you would eventually crash into the dome. This is why Antarctica is the only place that has a treaty in place. Operation Dominic was performed in 1962 (which just happens to mean fish bowl of the lord). They measured the different heights of the dome and shortly after Nasa(never a straight answer) was formed. 

3: there is no space. Only God and the elite know how high up the firmament is in different areas of the world. It's an arch dome(stretched out like a tent Isaiah 40:22) this is why the rainbows we see in the sky are arched. It always takes the form of the mirror being used. 

4: Genesis tells us this one as well. Sun, Moon and Stars are for lights and for signs and seasons. What they tell us are planets are really the wondering stars. The stars were created for us, for signs and seasons, but mainstream scientism doesn't want us to feel that special. Thus claiming they are suns in other galaxies far far away and we are just insignificant specs of dust in a multiverse of other possible life chains. Making a mockery of us being created in God's image. 

• LOL! 1

21 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Oh Lordy.

NDT is not the "top guy." He's a public figure scientist and author and the director of the Hayden Planetarium. He's a very smart astrophysicist, but in no way shape or form is he the "top" astrophysicist, or cosmologist, or quantum physicist even (don't go through the quantum looking glass, @mav01you are not even close to ready lol). He's not wrong in saying that we know what gravity does. We see it's effect. We can even measure it (earth's gravity is 9.8 m/s^2). And I don't believe he's ever said we can't prove it exists. If so, please find me that direct quote. I think what he has said is we don't know "what" gravity is, but in those articles and conversations, it seems the actual question being posed and addressed is "why" more so than "what." But let's go with what you said. What do you mean by prove it exists? Do you mean can we put it in a jar and look at it, or can we hold it in our hand?

Can you prove that God exists? (I'm asking this as a fellow believer, by the way). Can you give me empirical evidence of His existence, and tell me what he looks like? Can you give me some sort of measurement of God? Can you explain to me how he can be omnipotent and omniscient? (Here's where quantum mechanics/physics would actually help you ... but again, you are not even close to ready.) Can you tell me why God exists? Can you tell me why God created anything at all?

The answers to those questions are going to be no. Does that disprove God? No. Not even close. So saying gravity doesn't exist because you can't hold it up and show everybody is a silly argument. Just like we can see the effects of God through his creation, through his character revealed to us through scripture, etc., so too can we see the effects of gravity here on earth AND ELSEWHERE mind you. My gosh, in this same context, you can't prove that wind exists can you? You can't hold it up and show everybody? You can't put it in your hand. But obviously it's real. Obviously it exists. We can feel it and measure it and see its effects.

You also have to stop thinking of gravity as a sort of magnetic force that is "pulling" or "attracting." It's not inherently wrong, but the more correct way to interpret gravity is the literal warping/bending of spacetime by supermassive objects. As John Wheeler very poetically has said, "Spacetime tells matter how to move, matter tells spacetime how to curve."

I think you misunderstood what I meant by "top guy". He seems to be their "official" spokes person to explain the lies. This is the quote I was trying to recall. Totally rediculous, as is all the bumbling footage of nasa employees when cornered. 

How to “Accept Jesus Christ as Your Personal Savior” and Still Be Lost
A few years ago I was listening to the radio and a powerful preacher was proclaiming this idea:
"Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour, and let him come into your heart, and you will BE SAVED."
This sounded good, so—
I listened attentively to his sermon, then changed stations, and another well-known preacher was vigorously expounding the same general teaching:
"Accept the Lord Jesus as your own personal Saviour, and He will at that moment forgive your sins and save you."
I turned on the television and heard still another preacher say, "Jesus turns no one away."
Then he called attention to the much quoted Revelation 3:20 where Jesus said:
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
I had heard this teaching all my life, and had never questioned the sincerity of decidated people, so I decided to do some careful reading of books, pamphlets, and hundreds of assorted tracts.
I found that 99 out of 100 of these writings concluded with the same proclamation:
"Jesus will save you if you will just let him, by accepting him as your personal Saviour."
After hearing so many teach this from the pulpit, radio, and television, I was convinced that this was indeed the Gospel Truth, ... especially after all the printed material I had read.
BUT in order to be doubly sure, I decided to check this popular teaching out with the BIBLE, and see just what the BIBLE had to say about it. I felt that the surest way to do this would be to review the "actual conversions" in the New Testament and see if they had been saved by "accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour." I opened the New Testament and started the search.
I want to tell you what I found.....
I turned to the book of ACTS (referred to as the book of conversions) where the scriptural account of thousands who were saved is recorded.
TO MY COMPLETE SURPRISE and ASTONISHMENT, I was not long in discovering that not a single New Testament conversionwas brought about by anyone "accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour"!
IN FACT, I could not even find that phrase in the New Testament! This seemed INCREDIBLE because of what I had been taught all my life.
I decided to make a list of those saved in the book of Acts, and study how "God" had actually saved these people.
The list and what they did follows:
1.The Pentecostians - Acts 2:14-41, heard, repented, and were baptized.
2.The Samaritans - Acts 8:5-13, heard, believed, and were baptized.
3.The Eunuch - Acts 8:35-39, heard, believed, confessed, and was baptized.
4.Cornelius - Acts 10:34-48, heard, believed, and was baptized.
5.Lydia - Acts 16:13-15, heard, believed, and was baptized.
6.The Jailer - Acts 16:3-34, heard, believed, and was baptized.
7.Saul (later called the apostle Paul) - Acts 9:17-18 and Acts 22:16, heard, and was baptized.
THERE THEY WERE!
Thousands of Bible examples of people who had been saved. I turned the pages and re-read it all over again. I was shocked to find that NOT ONE of them was saved by simply "accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour" . . . nor were they instructed to do so!
On the contrary, the sum total of what these people did to be saved, the Bible way, was to HEAR, BELIEVE, REPENT, CONFESS, and be BAPTIZED!
I stared at the verses.
After what I had believed all my life, it was hard for me to accept what I was reading. No one had ever really preached "baptism" to me, yet every one of those who had been saved under God's direct supervision had been baptized—and for the remission of their sins! Acts 2:37-39.
I also concluded, after rightly dividing the Scriptures, that I "open the door" and Christ "comes in and sups with me" at precisely the same time that I go "into him" by putting Him on in baptism (Galatians 3:27).
Actually—instead of my "accepting Jesus," it is more a matter of Jesus accepting me.
I discovered some other things also.
I found out that "all spiritual blessings are in Christ" (Eph. 1:3) and that there are only two verses in the entire New Testament that tell me how I get "into" Christ. Did you know that? They are Romans 6:3 and Galatians 3:27. Both clearly say that I must be baptized "into" Christ, thus, "into" His death where His cleansing blood is! Revelation 1:5.
I also found out that Jesus is the Saviour of His Church (Eph. 5:23), and that I cannot get "into" the church of Christ by "accepting Jesus as my personal Saviour."
I must (by faith) be baptized "into His church" just as all these other Bible people were. I Cor. 12:13, Col. 1:18, Eph. 5:25, and Acts 2:47
Faith, then, does not put me into Christ or into the Church, but is a work of righteousness which draws me in the right direction, so that I CAN become a child of God (John 1:12; 6:28-29; James 2:24).
As I studied the inspired Book, I turned again to Acts 2:37, and noted that these people almost 2,000 years ago had asked the same question that I have been asking: "What shall we do?"
If Peter had answered that question like many preachers do today, he would have said:
Accept Jesus christ as your personal Saviour, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
But—he did not say that, did he?
Instead he said: "Repent and be baptized, every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38).
WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Peter preached one thing, and men today preach another. I decided to study another verse that is used a lot today. It is Colossians 2:6, and says: "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him."
Now, how did those Colossians "receive" Christ? Look at the 12th verse, beloved. It says: "buried with him in baptism" (Col. 2:12)
None of the preachers I have been hearing say anything about that 12th verse, or that I must be baptized in "water" (Acts 2:38) to "wash away" my sins (Acts 22:16) in Christ's "blood" (I John 1:7), then be faithful until "death" (Rev. 2:10).
I still wanted more proof so I decided to read what Christ Himself had to say about what should be taught, so, I turned to Mark 16:15-16 and was amazed at what I found.
HEAR IT:
"Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved: but he that believeth not shall be damned."
This was the Lord himself talking just before he left the earth. Jesus said that baptism is a part of the Gospel and should be preached to "every creature." But I have never been tuaght this by the preachers of this generation.
Here is the way THEY preach it:
"Go into all the world and preach to every creature. He that accepts Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour shall be saved: but he that does not accept Jesus as his personal Saviour shall be danmed."
I MUST CONCLUDE that both cannot be the "Gospel of Christ," therefore, one is right and the other is wrong.
I know that having a "personal, heart-felt feeling of acceptance toward Christ" is good, but this "feeling" (according to Jesus himself) was never designed to save me from my past sins, or bring about a condition of reconciliation with God, or put me "into" the Saviour, where salvation is (Gal. 3:26-27, I Peter 3:21).
I take no satisfaction in saying it, but I just cannot find this modern concept of Jesus Christ in the New Testament.
SO, I asked myself this important question: "Can I accept Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and still be lost?"
My answer is a scriptural YES, and the rest of the answer is that I must obey the "whole gospel" of Jesus our Lord.
I now know that all who do not preach baptism for the "remission of sins" are false preachers, and are not to be heard, because they do not preach the same Gospel that Peter and the other apostles preached (Gal. 1:8-9; also Acts 2).
I must (if I am to be saved by God's grace) rightly divide the "Word of Truth" found in the New Testament, obey the Gospel precisely as they did in the book of Acts—for they were all saved by grace through faith. Then I must serve God every day of my life.
Jesus Christ, our Saviour, gives a lasting warning in Ephesians 5:17: "Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is."
Beloved, I have determined that, with God's help, I am going to believe only what the Bible teaches, and obey it to the best of my ability.
I HOPE YOU WILL, TOO.
The Bible says that I must first "obey the gospel" of Christ as scripturally outlined in this Bible tract, then I will be added to the church of Christ by the Lord (Acts 2:42-47). Then, with other faithful Christians I must:
ASSEMBLE together weekly (Heb. 10:25)
SING praise to God (Eph. 5:19)
STUDY God's Holy Word (II Tim. 2:15)
EAT the Lord's Supper (Acts 20:7)
GIVE on the first day of the week (I Cor. 16:1-2)
PRAY and do "all things" in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:42; Col. 3:17)
BE FAITHFUL until death (Rev. 2:10)
by Clare Annis

2 hours ago, mav01 said:

You claim to be Christian but don't know your Bible or just perceive it as you are told to perceive it. I don't fault you because you are the same as I USED to be, and so many other Christians that are deceived through our beast school system. I truly wish you the best and just try to do the lords work during these last days. The truth is deep but God said everything that's in the dark will come to the light. Then we get out of school and watch their propaganda in the form of "entertainment" the rest of our adult lives. 

The questions you ask make it obvious you look to mainstream scientism for answers instead of your Bible. Trust in the lord only and not man. Men are too easily swayed by greed and wealth. God tells us all throughout where we are. We are his "footstool" and there is no space. Have you ever had a footstool that spins and orbits crazy fast?. Not a very good footstool. He is right above us in the firmament (solid molten looking glass dome.. Job 18) (they tell us small truths in movies/shows: example: "Alice in Wonderland Through the Looking Glass) "fixed" "immovable" (1 chronicles 16, Psalm 93, 96, 104) creation that makes for a nice footstool. Without the dome mirror, it would be impossible to have rainbows. (see earlier video on thread) He said after day 6 that it is FINISHED. Then he rested on day 7. Mainstream science tells us we are evolved monkies that live in an ever expanding universe. If that's the case then it's a mockery of the sabbath. What we see and learn is a manifestation of satan(the father of lies) having thousands of years to build up deceptions for the masses. The lies have served him well. It's created millions of atheists and tons more of lukewarm Christians that are halfway in the world of scientism. 

Joshua commanded the moon and sun to "stand still" , not the earth. That would have caused some MAJOR catastrophes.  Both are clearly the same size and follow the same east to west trajectory. We are NOT moving. As we can clearly tell without all the brainwashing. The sky is rotating like a mobile around Polaris(north star). If we traveled millions of miles a year into the vast universe like science tells us, we would not always have Polaris directly north and we wouldnt see the same exact constellations every year since the beginning of time. 

They tell us stars are suns in other galaxies. Go look up real amateur footage of stars and you will see what they really are. The closer you zoom in,  the more it looks like a flashlight being shined in a swimming pool. Which makes since because God separated the waters above the firmament from the waters below the firmament during day 1. Also, he opened the flood gates in the Noah event. 

Answer to question 1: let me go get my yard stick and measure it for you. There's no way to know. The elites have been controlling our schools since the early 20th century and only teach what they want us to know or believe. I did actually research on this a few years ago and found some interesting things with the Rockefellers and freemasons as it pertains to our early textbooks. 

2: depends, true east as it relates to magnetic north and you will keep circumnavigating the circle of the earth. If you keep flying east and don't ever slightly correct as relates to your compass then you would eventually go south east until you get to Antarctica (the upturned edge that Augusta Picard saw from the stratosphere). If you keep flying over the ice barrier you would eventually crash into the dome. This is why Antarctica is the only place that has a treaty in place. Operation Dominic was performed in 1962 (which just happens to mean fish bowl of the lord). They measured the different heights of the dome and shortly after Nasa(never a straight answer) was formed. 

3: there is no space. Only God and the elite know how high up the firmament is in different areas of the world. It's an arch dome(stretched out like a tent Isaiah 40:22) this is why the rainbows we see in the sky are arched. It always takes the form of the mirror being used. 

4: Genesis tells us this one as well. Sun, Moon and Stars are for lights and for signs and seasons. What they tell us are planets are really the wondering stars. The stars were created for us, for signs and seasons, but mainstream scientism doesn't want us to feel that special. Thus claiming they are suns in other galaxies far far away and we are just insignificant specs of dust in a multiverse of other possible life chains. Making a mockery of us being created in God's image. 

A couple of things. Thanks for taking the time to answer those questions, mav, I appreciate it, and am always open to intellectual conversation. Regardless of what you believe, though, I understand what the Bible says, specifically as it relates to my salvation. You don't carry the authority to take that away from me because you interpret the scripture differently (and with faulty hermeneutics) than me, but I wish you well. You're clearly very lost and wandering through the dark.

The way you are interpreting everything (both Biblically AND scientifically) puts some pretty big limits on God and his divine, creative nature. Not to mention his omnipresence and omnipotence. Your interpretations are also eerily narcissistic and human-centric. We're not the center of the story. It's not about us. All of the things you are claiming minimize God to an absolutely absurd level.

1. So of the simplest questions you could be asked about a flat earth, you have no answer. You don't need a yardstick, even. You could quite literally use the sun's movement across the molten lava glass mirror firmament dome as a means of measurement. High-school level math could get you really close.

2. Where does your magnetic north come from? How do you explain electromagnetism at all in your flat earth model? Also, Dominic does not mean "fish bowl of the lord." Again, a very generic-level understanding of latin roots will get you past that one.

3. So the "elite" (whoever that is) have somehow successfully built their own "Tower of Babel," as it were. They are essentially on God's level of understanding. Got it. And rainbows are arched because of an arched dome with a mirror effect, and not because of fairly simple geometry. Why don't we get rainbows every time it rains? Why is it only when the sun is at a certain level? Why is the sun always opposite the rainbow? Why can I make a rainbow for my little boys in my driveway with a garden hose? You understand that having an explanation for these, even a mathematical/scientific explanation, doesn't minimize God or negate God, right? It's actually the opposite for Christians. It's a celebration of God and his divine goodness.

4. How do we get these seasons that the sun and moon are marking? Why, when it's summer here for us, is it winter for those in South America and Australia? Why when we're experiencing autumn are they experiencing spring? Why do we have tides in our oceans? What about weather patterns in general? Where do those come from?

In my opinion, your model of creation and the universe actually cheapens the whole thing quite a bit. It cheapens God. It cheapens his character. It cheapens his creation. It cheapens his power and sovereignty. It cheapens his creativity. It cheapens his love. If anything, I'd feel not so special in you model. Like this is all a Truman Show, ant-farm experiment.

To think of the universe as vast — even expanding — seems to fit right into God's power and love and creativity which he declares in his word. To think of other stars and planetary systems WITHIN our own galaxy, not to mention to think of billions and billions and billions of other galaxies each with billions and billions and billions of stars, each of those stars with possible planets orbiting them and moons, AND AMONG ALL THAT, here we are. That's the God of wonders that I love and serve. That's the God I have read about in the Bible. That's the INFINITE GOD who did all that and still chose to become a man and take on the sins of all men even unto a cross as our recompense. That's MY GOD.

Let me ask you this, because I genuinely am interested in your response: If we are to believe God is who he says he is in the Bible (which I do), that he is the creator of all things, and thus immutable, without cause, forever, infinite, and we are to derive that he is infinitely loving but also infinite love, and he is infinitely creative and infinite creation, and that he creates as a manifestation of his love, then why would you say or assume that he has not created beyond your flat earth model? Would God be going against his character to create more than just us? If he chooses to create beyond us, beyond this earth (and I'm not necessarily speaking of intelligent/sentient life), does he owe us an explanation? After all, his thoughts are not our thoughts, and his ways are not our ways.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, mav01 said:

I think you misunderstood what I meant by "top guy". He seems to be their "official" spokes person to explain the lies. This is the quote I was trying to recall. Totally rediculous, as is all the bumbling footage of nasa employees when cornered. 

LMAO! THIS?! NOT THIS! This is the video you are using to denigrate NDT and gravity?!  Be better than that, man! I mean Lord have mercy, my 4- and 5-year-old sons will get a kick out of this clip. They have a deeper understanding and ability to grasp gravity than whatever feeble mind created this. Which, to be fair, whoever created this probably did so ironically, purely as sport, to have a great deal of fun with impressionable people like you, who eat it right up.

Let's work through this clip, mav. Point out the ridiculous (bumbling) parts and ask the questions you want to ask and let's work through it. We're all pulling for you, mav!

13 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

LMAO! THIS?! NOT THIS! This is the video you are using to denigrate NDT and gravity?!  Be better than that, man! I mean Lord have mercy, my 4- and 5-year-old sons will get a kick out of this clip. They have a deeper understanding and ability to grasp gravity than whatever feeble mind created this. Which, to be fair, whoever created this probably did so ironically, purely as sport, to have a great deal of fun with impressionable people like you, who eat it right up.

Let's work through this clip, mav. Point out the ridiculous (bumbling) parts and ask the questions you want to ask and let's work through it. We're all pulling for you, mav!

The only thing funny about that clip is it's the guy that they chose to go around explaining how this globe religion works. Because it requires faith in man with words that are not scientific.  (meaning real science,  provable and repeatable) not scientism. 

Yes,  it is easy for our children to understand without the inconsistencies of gravity. Gravity was thought up because they needed something to explain away what force determines up and down on a magic ball flying through space. In the real world we don't need this force that NGT even says he doesn't know what is. There is simply one up and down and density/buoyancy determines what falls/floats through our atmosphere. Just as water does. 

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

A couple of things. Thanks for taking the time to answer those questions, mav, I appreciate it, and am always open to intellectual conversation. Regardless of what you believe, though, I understand what the Bible says, specifically as it relates to my salvation. You don't carry the authority to take that away from me because you interpret the scripture differently (and with faulty hermeneutics) than me, but I wish you well. You're clearly very lost and wandering through the dark.

The way you are interpreting everything (both Biblically AND scientifically) puts some pretty big limits on God and his divine, creative nature. Not to mention his omnipresence and omnipotence. Your interpretations are also eerily narcissistic and human-centric. We're not the center of the story. It's not about us. All of the things you are claiming minimize God to an absolutely absurd level.

1. So of the simplest questions you could be asked about a flat earth, you have no answer. You don't need a yardstick, even. You could quite literally use the sun's movement across the molten lava glass mirror firmament dome as a means of measurement. High-school level math could get you really close.

2. Where does your magnetic north come from? How do you explain electromagnetism at all in your flat earth model? Also, Dominic does not mean "fish bowl of the lord." Again, a very generic-level understanding of latin roots will get you past that one.

3. So the "elite" (whoever that is) have somehow successfully built their own "Tower of Babel," as it were. They are essentially on God's level of understanding. Got it. And rainbows are arched because of an arched dome with a mirror effect, and not because of fairly simple geometry. Why don't we get rainbows every time it rains? Why is it only when the sun is at a certain level? Why is the sun always opposite the rainbow? Why can I make a rainbow for my little boys in my driveway with a garden hose? You understand that having an explanation for these, even a mathematical/scientific explanation, doesn't minimize God or negate God, right? It's actually the opposite for Christians. It's a celebration of God and his divine goodness.

4. How do we get these seasons that the sun and moon are marking? Why, when it's summer here for us, is it winter for those in South America and Australia? Why when we're experiencing autumn are they experiencing spring? Why do we have tides in our oceans? What about weather patterns in general? Where do those come from?

In my opinion, your model of creation and the universe actually cheapens the whole thing quite a bit. It cheapens God. It cheapens his character. It cheapens his creation. It cheapens his power and sovereignty. It cheapens his creativity. It cheapens his love. If anything, I'd feel not so special in you model. Like this is all a Truman Show, ant-farm experiment.

To think of the universe as vast — even expanding — seems to fit right into God's power and love and creativity which he declares in his word. To think of other stars and planetary systems WITHIN our own galaxy, not to mention to think of billions and billions and billions of other galaxies each with billions and billions and billions of stars, each of those stars with possible planets orbiting them and moons, AND AMONG ALL THAT, here we are. That's the God of wonders that I love and serve. That's the God I have read about in the Bible. That's the INFINITE GOD who did all that and still chose to become a man and take on the sins of all men even unto a cross as our recompense. That's MY GOD.

Let me ask you this, because I genuinely am interested in your response: If we are to believe God is who he says he is in the Bible (which I do), that he is the creator of all things, and thus immutable, without cause, forever, infinite, and we are to derive that he is infinitely loving but also infinite love, and he is infinitely creative and infinite creation, and that he creates as a manifestation of his love, then why would you say or assume that he has not created beyond your flat earth model? Would God be going against his character to create more than just us? If he chooses to create beyond us, beyond this earth (and I'm not necessarily speaking of intelligent/sentient life), does he owe us an explanation? After all, his thoughts are not our thoughts, and his ways are not our ways.

Just because God Can do something, doesn't mean it's his will. Why create us then be so far away? Especially if he says the earth is his footstool several times. God's kingdom is NOT of this world. So why create a vast physical reality when his original creation is invisible to us and immortal? You are Christian but yet trying to make sense of something that has cost millions of souls. Yea that sounds like something God would create, not Satan. 

Im really not trying to be rude, I do my job and get the truth out. Not only on flat earth, but in all the deceitful works of the devil. Some people eventually pick up on it, some don't. At least it's off my shoulders. The lord is doing a final roll call for his people. No you don't need to understand certain truths to go to heaven, but it does help others that got turned off of God as a direct result of scientism and propaganda. 

Screenshot_2020-11-05-09-35-07.png

2020-11-05 09.44.40.png

6 minutes ago, mav01 said:

The only thing funny about that clip is it's the guy that they chose to go around explaining how this globe religion works. Because it requires faith in man with words that are not scientific.  (meaning real science,  provable and repeatable) not scientism. 

Yes,  it is easy for our children to understand without the inconsistencies of gravity. Gravity was thought up because they needed something to explain away what force determines up and down on a magic ball flying through space. In the real world we don't need this force that NGT even says he doesn't know what is. There is simply one up and down and density/buoyancy determines what falls/floats through our atmosphere. Just as water does. 

Lol OK mav, I'll let you get back to worshiping your magical piece of flat ground contained inside an unprovable, immeasurable, unrepeatable dome of molten lava glass mirror firmament.

Gonna go high-five my fellow elites and let them know we're still doing good work!

11 minutes ago, mav01 said:

Just because God Can do something, doesn't mean it's his will. Why create us then be so far away? Especially if he says the earth is his footstool several times. God's kingdom is NOT of this world. So why create a vast physical reality when his original creation is invisible to us and immortal? You are Christian but yet trying to make sense of something that has cost millions of souls. Yea that sounds like something God would create, not Satan. 

Are you the spokesman for God's creative and loving will? Also, who said that by creating a vast universe God would be so far away? Isn't he omnipresent? Can't the earth be his footstool and the rest of the universe exist and be sustained by his hand? Why would he not create a vast physical reality? What is vastness to him anyway? What is time and physical limitation to him? What is spacetime to him? What is the insurmountable (for us) distance between stars and galaxies to God?

Again, YOU are putting physical limitations on God. YOU are boxing him within the confines of your own bondage to a physical world. YOU have minimized God a great deal with YOUR interpretation of scripture. How am I unchristian to desire to know more of the loving God I serve? To know more of his love, of his creation and creativity, to try and be a good steward of his creation?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, d0tc0m said:

Who said that by creating a vast universe God would be so far away? Isn't he omnipresent? Can't the earth be his footstool and the rest of the universe exist and be sustained by his hand? Why would he not create a vast physical reality? What is vastness to him anyway? What is time and physical limitation to him? What is spacetime to him? What is the insurmountable (for us) distance between stars and galaxies to God?

Again, YOU are putting physical limitations on God. YOU are boxing him within the confines of your own bondage to a physical world. YOU have minimized God a great deal with YOUR interpretation of scripture. How am I unchristian to desire to know more of the loving God I serve? To know more of his love, of his creation and creativity, to try and be a good steward of his creation?

Yes he is all around,but his throne and footstool was known by the ancient Hebrews to be above the firmament. 

The rainbow is always there because of sunlight and reflective properties of the dome. We just need moisture to see it. 

Just now, mav01 said:

Yes he is all around,but his throne and footstool was known by the ancient Hebrews to be above the firmament. 

The rainbow is always there because of sunlight and reflective properties of the dome. We just need moisture to see it. 

Lol "yes ... but ... "

Classic volta.

10 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Lol "yes ... but ... "

Classic volta.

Nice rebuttal.. You sure act like a typical 21 century "Christian".  I never claimed God wasn't everywhere. Im not too egotistical to agree on that statement. I don't care where the truth comes from. If you tell me something I agree with I will admit to it. If you want to disagree with the Bible because of scientism that's your right too. 

4 minutes ago, mav01 said:

If you tell me something I agree with I will admit to it.

Lol you summed it up here. It's so tragically ironic. Nice work!

You sure act like a typical 21st century cultist unbeliever. I don't disagree with the Bible at all, but sure, keep going down that road. If YOU want to limit God because of YOUR blind delusion and ignorance and YOUR interpretation of his word, that's your right too.

I'll keep loving and worshiping God and praising Him for the undeserved grace I received in his son Christ. And I'll do it all from this spinning globe, which we call earth, which He created in this vast universe!

As David wrote in Psalm 8:3-4 — "When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have established; what are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them."

And as Paul wrote in Romans 1:20-21 — "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that humans are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened "

• 3 weeks later...

What I don't get is the people who think politicians in general have their best interests at heart. It's not just a democratic issue, it's a spiritual issue in the left VS right Paradigm. By the time these people get powerful enough to run for president, they have long since sold out to the elites. 

Screenshot_2020-04-01-16-50-28.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Flat Earth Wackos vs. Scripture, Science and a Spherical Earth.......
  • RETIREDFAN1 locked this topic