2A-D2 Area Playoff (10-1) Muenster vs (9-2) Lovelady Friday 7:00pm Emory Raines HS, Emory, TX.

LLIONPRIDE

Lovelady travels North to take on the defending 2A-D2 State Champions. After an up and down season, Lovelady seems to be putting things together for a deep playoff run. Defense has been solid all year and now it seems the O-Line has started to gel allowing Lovelady to establish an effective ground game. Lovelady has to be able to run the ball and not be one dimensional to have a chance to knock off a VERY impressive Muenster team. The Hornets are a very well coached discipline team that really gets after it. We definitely have to take care of the football and play our best game of the year to pull off the upset, but I like our chances! Thoughts???

I think Muenster has been over looking us all year and only thinking about mart. If they come in thinking they can’t be beat it might bite them. They haven’t played a team nowhere near as good as LL in awhile. Very weak district that went 1-3 round one against d10 which isn’t very strong. 

5 hours ago, Grayghost said:

I've seen both teams play, Hornets in a blowout.

So you seen both play? I got to defend Lovelady on this one.  So what your saying is yall would get blown out also? Because Lovelady was in there 2nd game starting 4 new olinemen and all new defensive linemen against one of the best dline in 2A.  I believe if they played yall again after getting better and better every week they would beat yall. 

1 hour ago, bigj said:

So you seen both play? I got to defend Lovelady on this one.  So what your saying is yall would get blown out also? Because Lovelady was in there 2nd game starting 4 new olinemen and all new defensive linemen against one of the best dline in 2A.  I believe if they played yall again after getting better and better every week they would beat yall. 

If he’s from tenaha I bet he saw them last year and us this year. It is funny he must be saying  Muenster is better than tenaha because they sure didn’t blow us out. 

5 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Oh well.

In lovelady.  2nd game of the season.  Freshman and sophomores starting all over field.  Completely  new coaching staff....Lovelady never even sniffed that endzone.   

Good luck 

If I remember right you didn’t come to our game. We match up pretty well against y’all and  it was the second game of the year and both teams were wore out. I’m sure both have improved. Not going to say we’d for sure beat y’all if we played again but I do think it be another good game. 

42 minutes ago, OLEMAN said:

This should be a really good game for those that hunting a game to watch. 4 really good 2A D2 in region 2 and this is two of them.  If Cville takes their second round game the winner of these Two is in their future

I won’t be surprised if evadale beats them. 

16 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

16 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Evadale is the favorite.  I think the only team in 10 2A D2 that has a chance is Clarksville. Not saying they will get a win for sure. Cville is a lot better than the rest of the Dist.  Just have to wait and see what happens

22 minutes ago, OLEMAN said:

Evadale is the favorite.  I think the only team in 10 2A D2 that has a chance is Clarksville. Not saying they will get a win for sure. Cville is a lot better than the rest of the Dist.  Just have to wait and see what happens

Yeah they breezed thur the district. I just assumed y’all winning district and them being third Cville would be favored. But either way I think it will be a close game. 

I’ve been watching Muenster on YouTube and all I can say is that I feel much better about our chances now versus a week ago. No doubt, they are solid and get after it pretty good. Defense is pretty salty but offense didn’t do much for me. If our O-Line can hold up and give us time to throw, there will be some mismatches down the field. Gonna take our best game of the year but I can see us taking down the defending champs. I think 30 points wins this game. GO LIONS!!

17 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Gotta stop that speed option EARLY AND OFTEN.   They chop block better out on the edge than anyone yall have seen I'm sure.  

Tenaha is used to chop blocks because we see it a lot from a certain team we play yearly. But Muenster is on another level with those key outside chops.  That's what has killed us against them. They could block us out on the edge and just totally negate our defensive speed with our defenders laying on the ground. 

And if they get that speed option rolling,  you'll never stop it.  Got to take it away from them early.   

Then theirs also the issue of that 6'4" wide out.  Qb does a good job of getting it to him in a manner that he's gonna go up and get the ball high and away from the defender.  I've seen him go up over the top of defender and take the ball too.  

Defensively up front they're not as good as last year.....but they'll approach the game with a mindset to out work you in the trenches.   And they probably will.

I can see Lovelady making a good game out of it but I'm not optimistic.

We do have a safety I’ll bet he won’t out jump to get a ball. 

There running backs are a lot slower and alot bigger then last year. Definitely not #21 from last year may hurt them vs a team that can control the line of scrimmage. I believe Lovelady will be up for that challenge.  #21 was a huge part of there offense last year. 

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

In my experience a Carney coached team will have great tactics,  techniques, and execution.  

That’s what impressed me seeing them last year in the state game. VERY well coached team that executed EXTREMELY well. We are going to have our hands full for sure. Should be a great game! Just hoping we take care of the ball and leave it all on the field. GO LIONS!!!

• Like 1