2A-D2 Area Playoff (10-1) Muenster vs (9-2) Lovelady Friday 7:00pm Emory Raines HS, Emory, TX.

LLIONPRIDE

2 hours ago, Greezychef said:

They do what they do and they do it well.  Very good coaching.  

Muenster has never had speed. We have had several good teams through the years, and very few have had speed. With maybe the exception of the 1995 team, the 2013 team is the best team that I have seen Muenster have and there was not a speedster on the team. You know, it is possible to have a competitive, even good team without speed. It is called hard work and discipline. LOL

As for the game tonight, both teams made tons of mistakes. Lovelady was constantly shooting themselves in the foot. I would love to have a dime for every false start penalty they had. And I do not know what is wrong with Muenster. with the exception of our opening driving, we looked awful. havent looked right since the Childress game. Several of us have talked about this and no one really knows what is up with the boys. I believe the difference in the game tonight is seen in comparing both team’s character of play in the second half to their play in the first half. In the second half, Muenster rose to a higher level – Lovelady did not. Aside from halftime adjustments and “come to Jesus” talks, I believe two things really helped us out. The first is the playoff success that these boys have had. Our seniors are 14-2 in playoff games, and in their junior high years they saw Muenster lose in area and regionals. They have the mentality down. And then the schedule we played in nondistrict prepared our guys. Childress and Cache will line up and hit you, and Pottsboro brings all kinds of things for a defense to face. We really got punched several times in those games and took a butt whippin in Childress. Two of those wins, Cache and Pottsboro, we really had no business winning. still cant believe we beat them... anyway, we had to play with a ton of adversity and I believe that paid dividends tonight.

just my humble opinion though…..

4 hours ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

32-22 Muenster. Final. They made plays the 2nd half and we didn’t. 

Yall have a good team. to be honest with you, I was scared to death of this game tonight. And yall did not disappointment. In the past four years, the only other 2a team that I can think of who was as successful at shutting our offense down like yall did tonight is Albany. Nothing to hang your head about on this one. Your qb and your tall wr are a lot of fun to watch, and your kids play hard and with a lot of class. I noticed this week that yall have had a lot of playoff success. Looks like a solid program over there. Congratulations on another good season and good luck to yall in the future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRightStuff said:

Muenster has never had speed. We have had several good teams through the years, and very few have had speed. With maybe the exception of the 1995 team, the 2013 team is the best team that I have seen Muenster have and there was not a speedster on the team. You know, it is possible to have a competitive, even good team without speed. It is called hard work and discipline. LOL

As for the game tonight, both teams made tons of mistakes. Lovelady was constantly shooting themselves in the foot. I would love to have a dime for every false start penalty they had. And I do not know what is wrong with Muenster. with the exception of our opening driving, we looked awful. havent looked right since the Childress game. Several of us have talked about this and no one really knows what is up with the boys. I believe the difference in the game tonight is seen in comparing both team’s character of play in the second half to their play in the first half. In the second half, Muenster rose to a higher level – Lovelady did not. Aside from halftime adjustments and “come to Jesus” talks, I believe two things really helped us out. The first is the playoff success that these boys have had. Our seniors are 14-2 in playoff games, and in their junior high years they saw Muenster lose in area and regionals. They have the mentality down. And then the schedule we played in nondistrict prepared our guys. Childress and Cache will line up and hit you, and Pottsboro brings all kinds of things for a defense to face. We really got punched several times in those games and took a butt whippin in Childress. Two of those wins, Cache and Pottsboro, we really had no business winning. still cant believe we beat them... anyway, we had to play with a ton of adversity and I believe that paid dividends tonight.

just my humble opinion though…..

So much truth in this right here. Your guys didn’t flinch when they were down at the half. You guys have a great team that has a ton of playoff experience and it showed tonight!!! 

4 hours ago, TheRightStuff said:

Yall have a good team. to be honest with you, I was scared to death of this game tonight. And yall did not disappointment. In the past four years, the only other 2a team that I can think of who was as successful at shutting our offense down like yall did tonight is Albany. Nothing to hang your head about on this one. Your qb and your tall wr are a lot of fun to watch, and your kids play hard and with a lot of class. I noticed this week that yall have had a lot of playoff success. Looks like a solid program over there. Congratulations on another good season and good luck to yall in the future.

Thanks man. I was very impressed when watching you guys last year in Arlington and y’all didn’t disappoint last night. As bad as I hate to lose, it’s not quite as bad when you lose to a team that plays the game the way you guys do. With discipline and character. Good luck the rest of the way. With all due respect to our district teammates, you guys should role bigtime next week against Evadale. 

• Like 1