2018 Newton vs 2005 Pewitt

TCU44

7 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Even tho this thread is useless cause you will never know... 

i am going to say this,   Neither the 2005 PP.. or 2005  newton team  could’ve beaten the 1988 CC team lol  ...  and this years newton team might’ve given them a good game...  if you never have done it look up the highlights of that team on u tube they were very special... 

Can you post CC scores and teams they played that yr

51 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

EF354256-E247-4895-8813-7043D1D0519C.png

I don't see anybody on here Like West Orange Stark, Silsbee and Gilmer- all 4A top 20 teams still in the playoffs that Newton beat pretty easily. Newton could have beat most teams a lot more than what they did --they were ahead of Pewitt 66 in first half. I really don't see anybody coming with 30 points the rest of the way.  If that is the case neither one of the these teams have an arguement against them

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

EF354256-E247-4895-8813-7043D1D0519C.png

This was my Sr year of football. That Hughes Springs team yall beat in the quarterfinals of the playoffs was a DANG GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. They were the District Champs in our district that year.. they & Paul Pewitt had just dropped from 3A to 2A that year....and killed everybody. I knew they went deep that year, but had forgotten who beat them. 

After ND was out of the playoffs in rd 1, I rolled with PP the rest of the way that '05 playoffs all the way to the SC game against Celina. PP was VERY GOOD that year. Not sure about Newton. But if they had played theoretically, I'm sure it would have been a helluva game. 

6 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

This was my Sr year of football. That Hughes Springs team yall beat in the quarterfinals of the playoffs was a DANG GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. They were the District Champs in our district that year.. they & Paul Pewitt had just dropped from 3A to 2A that year....and killed everybody. I knew they went deep that year, but had forgotten who beat them. 

Yes sir!  Hughes springs was very good that year I hear! And the Refugio was dang good!  I think the Refugio game went into overtime 

6 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes sir!  Hughes springs was very good that year I hear! And the Refugio was dang good!  I think the Refugio game went into overtime 

Yes, they were. Beat us 70-0, lol. 

Didn't do overtimes back then. Tied games were decided by "penetrations" inside the opponent's 20yd line if I remember correctly. If that number was a tie, then winner was decided by another tiebreaker...total yardage I believe. 

By looking at that schedule, looms like CC tied SA and won on tiebreaker. 

Weird times back then, lol. 

38 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Didn't HS have this hugh lineman stand like 6-6 or 6-7 in '88, I remember pancaking him on block, I fake a hand off from our QB in a scrimmage game that yr and went head on with him lol

19 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Didn't HS have this hugh lineman stand like 6-6 or 6-7 in '88, I remember pancaking him on block, I fake a hand off from our QB in a scrimmage game that yr and went head on with him lol

I played on both the offensive & defensive lines. I dont remember HS having a big lineman like you describe. PP did though...about 6'6" & 350lbs. I've got my old football tapes from that season. I'll have to pull em out of storage and relive the "glory" days, lol. 

HS had an all-state stud running back/safety that year named Cary Brabham. He signed as a safety with SMU, and was part of their first freshman class after their death-penalty ended. He was a STUD. 

On 11/21/2018 at 6:36 PM, TTman7 said:

I played on both the offensive & defensive lines. I dont remember HS having a big lineman like you describe. PP did though...about 6'6" & 350lbs. I've got my old football tapes from that season. I'll have to pull em out of storage and relive the "glory" days, lol. 

HS had an all-state stud running back/safety that year named Cary Brabham. He signed as a safety with SMU, and was part of their first freshman class after their death-penalty ended. He was a STUD. 

We played HS that year in bi-district and Brabham punished us all night. He would lay some wood. 

2 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Yes, they were. Beat us 70-0, lol. 

Didn't do overtimes back then. Tied games were decided by "penetrations" inside the opponent's 20yd line if I remember correctly. If that number was a tie, then winner was decided by another tiebreaker...total yardage I believe. 

By looking at that schedule, looms like CC tied SA and won on tiebreaker. 

Weird times back then, lol. 

Oh ok! Well they must’ve won like in the last few minutes.. I just know it was very close! Lol 

and yes sir I seen that San Augustine tied them that year!  Bet it was a good game to see... 

25 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Oh ok! Well they must’ve won like in the last few minutes.. I just know it was very close! Lol 

and yes sir I seen that San Augustine tied them that year!  Bet it was a good game to see... 

Good luck to y'all on Friday. Maybe I'll get a chance to see the game after Daingerfield-Harmony play.