Who can beat Newton?There is 1 team that might get them

TCU44

15 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

In his defense. You said harmony was a fast team. That was definitely a lie. You said Harmony would beat us by 21 easily. That was also false. Then you said if Dfield beats Harmony you'd be the 1st to admit we was for real. That was also just a false post because you said on another thread after CC beat Nona by 2 scores that CC would beat us by 2 scores smdh at you JJ. 

I'll use your idiotic way of saying it.... " since Harmony beat Nona by 50 and CC beat Nona by 16 Dfield should beat CC by 52 points because Dfield beat Harmony by 18. It's simple math right JJ? Quit picking with your heart and listen to that gutt from time to time.

I had no clue Harmony's best player was hurt. He is a legit deep threat. Had I known Hill was out I'd called for a much closer game. As far as my comment about yall being legit...well I think y'all have a great team from all indications and deserve credit for that. So yes do I think y'all are "real" yup I sure do...surprisingly better than I thought and I'll take my crow on that. Winona did what they seem to be making a trend of and show up when it counts to give good teams fits. Hats off to them they turned a mediocre season to a good one. CC did exactly what they was supposed to against them. All together I think CC and DF will match up well. I think CC's experience the last 3 years with Crockett and Newton will play to their favor this week which is why I think they will be better off against y'all than Harmony. Harmony unfortunately didn't have any teams in district that matched y'alls athletes. So it took them a couple qtrs. to learn to play against it. Once they did they made a game of it. But it was too late. I think we both agree had Harmony just came out and played the 1st half with the second half game play it would have been a better game. IMO I think the speed of DF was still to much. So here's my thoughts...CC will know how to play against yall this week and I think that will make for a better game. The second half of y'alls game will be what I believe CC will do from start to finish which makes me think they will win....But really I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm wishing you both the very very best of luck this week.

Personally I'd like to see DF play Newton.....Just would be fun to see....Perhaps it'll happen... 

9 minutes ago, 09statechamps said:

How are they looking along haven’t seen em or heard on them since we played em back in week one 

Their number 4 is out for the season and their number 5 went out on a stretcher last night. If they continue the season without both their studs that do it all, then they won’t be a threat or make it to State. If both were playing, then I’d say they’d make it once again. 

10 minutes ago, 09statechamps said:

What happened to #4? And is #5 okay?

#4 tore his meniscus and I’m not sure what happened to #5 last night. All I read was that he was getting carted off the field. Those are the two guys that make Gunter go. They’re extremely good players. Without them, I can’t see them advancing too much farther. 

On 11/23/2018 at 6:09 PM, TCU44 said:

Yes I think Newton is the best team in 3A but watch out for  Canadian .To me they might have a chance if they meet in the final. In fact I think they have a real chance to be Newton. Yes Of course I would pick Newton to win but they are one of the few I feel like has a chance

Seen them both in person and it would take Newton having the worst game of the year by a lot and Canadian playing perfect football and then luck all going to Canadian for them to even have a chance to win.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:18 PM, BiggieSmalls said:

Just putting this out there. Newton played Silsbee, Gilmer and WOS; all 3 of those teams are going to the to the 3rd round of the 4A state playoffs. Newton beat those three teams by a combined margin of 76 points. That’s quite impressive to say the least. 

That’s incredibly impressive 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 1:08 AM, Dfield2010champs said:

It’s gonna be yalls nightmare. Going to have to cancel that ring order. Arrogance is going to get you slaughtered. Those D1 boys are going to be winded. Hadn’t had to play plast the first half all year. 

That’s exactly what Gunter thought would happen last year, turned out Newton played all four quarters with ease and Gunter burnt out!

8 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I’ve never been to the Kentucky Derby , but I know the difference between a race horse & a plow mule, & Newton is chocker block full of Thoroughbreds... Newton is not going to be beaten this year.🏇

It’s funny you make that comparison because in a town like Newton, where the median yearly income is $4,739 there are a lot of folks that can’t afford vehicles and are left with no choice but to take their horse/plow mule to the Jasper Walmart to shop.

• Like 1