Paris vs Waco La Vega

bluetopper

Paris vs La Vega  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 01:30 AM

On 11/24/2018 at 5:49 AM, SilverCrush8 said:

We’ve heard these same sentiments all year long and we just keep proving people wrong! We embrace the underdog role! See ya at the game! #OTE 

Time will certainly tell us the truth of the matter. I will not be at the game, but hope that you have a great time and safe travels. 

I've seen both of these teams play. I'm not sure anyone can score much on La Vega's defense. Paris' defense is no slouch either. This has the making of a true slugfest between two teams who have a legitimate shot of winning the whole thing.

That being said, I think La Vega wins this one.

55 minutes ago, Parisian said:

Wonder how many folks have realized Cowboys-Saints will be playing at the same time at JerryWorld? 

Also, anyone know if parking is free?  It should be, considering the $15 ticket price (or $14 prepaid online). 

Parking in the regular lots have been free the last 2 years. Not sure about the parking garage 

On 11/24/2018 at 4:21 PM, bluetopper said:

I don’t think anybody in 4A has played a tougher schedule than Paris. 

Sounds like LaVega never called the dogs off yesterday. A win like that is kind of embarrassing for both teams I think. 

On 11/24/2018 at 10:18 AM, DTrump said:

This will be by far the best defense Paris has played all year. LV can flat out play dome D.

@coachkells give us a breakdown on the game please sir.

Lets see, Paris played Celina when they were  #6, Melissa when they were #10, Argyle #2, and a total of 5 teams that made the playoffs.  

Now, LV played Midlothan Heritage When they were #4 and are currently #6  Stephenville when they were #7, Argyle #2. and a total of 8 teams that made the playoffs.   Oh yeah LV played Melissa too and beat them by 47. What did you beat them by? 3 points that right.  Maybe you have improved but I don't believe you played the toughest schedule in 4A.  

La Vega is  one of the best teams in the state at defending the wing-t. La Vega have already seen it twice this year and 4 times last year (Liberty hill twice and Canyon Lake in the playoffs, winning all of those games) so this will be nothing new for the coaching staff.  Paris does have some athletes that can go, but La Vega has no shortage of athletes.  The key match up  in this game will be LV running game against the Paris run defense.  But if Paris loads the box La Vega can hurt them with the pass too.  This should be a good game but I believe the Pirates are just too much for the Wildcats to handle.  

My guess is LV 48-21.  But what do I know.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

Lets see, Paris played Celina when they were  #6, Melissa when they were #10, Argyle #2, and a total of 5 teams that made the playoffs.  

Now, LV played Midlothan Heritage When they were #4 and are currently #6  Stephenville when they were #7, Argyle #2. and a total of 8 teams that made the playoffs.   Oh yeah LV played Melissa too and beat them by 47. What did you beat them by? 3 points that right.  Maybe you have improved but I don't believe you played the toughest schedule in 4A.  

La Vega is  one of the best teams in the state at defending the wing-t. La Vega have already seen it twice this year and 4 times last year (Liberty hill twice and Canyon Lake in the playoffs, winning all of those games) so this will be nothing new for the coaching staff.  Paris does have some athletes that can go, but La Vega has no shortage of athletes.  The key match up  in this game will be LV running game against the Paris run defense.  But if Paris loads the box La Vega can hurt them with the pass too.  This should be a good game but I believe the Pirates are just too much for the Wildcats to handle.  

My guess is LV 48-21.  But what do I know.  

Correction we faced the defending state Champs Texarkana Pleasant Grove! We respect LV but we’re not scared! We’ve faced a lot of athletic teams. Teams that are greater than you’ve faced! But all of that is null and void. It’s LV vs Paris! See ya at the Game 

6 minutes ago, coachkells said:

La Vega averages 47.5 points per game and Paris averages 35 points per game both teams give up an average of 16.3 points per game.  

Kennedale was averaging about 43 per points per game and the Paris Defense held them to a field goal. Late in the 4th the 2nd string went in and gave up some points.

I believe this game will be the battles of the Defense. Paris doesn't have the strongest Offense (from what I have seen) but one heck of a defense. LV is a very strong Offense, again, from what I have seen.

My projection is 31-24 with LV pulling out the win. But it should be a heck of a game. 

4 minutes ago, yellowdawg3 said:

Kennedale was averaging about 43 per points per game and the Paris Defense held them to a field goal. Late in the 4th the 2nd string went in and gave up some points.

I believe this game will be the battles of the Defense. Paris doesn't have the strongest Offense (from what I have seen) but one heck of a defense. LV is a very strong Offense, again, from what I have seen.

My projection is 31-24 with LV pulling out the win. But it should be a heck of a game. 

No one has been able to stop our offense yet so I wouldn’t say we don’t have a strong offense.

11 minutes ago, SilverCrush8 said:

Correction we faced the defending state Champs Texarkana Pleasant Grove! We respect LV but we’re not scared! We’ve faced a lot of athletic teams. Teams that are greater than you’ve faced! But all of that is null and void. It’s LV vs Paris! See ya at the Game 

Who?

Pretty sure in the last AP poll MH was ranked 6th, PG was ranked 8th.  

8 minutes ago, yellowdawg3 said:

I'm don't think Kennedale played in a very tough district.  Every team in that district except Kennedale lost in the first round.

Both teams have played tough schedules:

Common opponents

Argyle (still alive; LaVega lost by 3; Paris lost by null

Melissa (eliminated by LaVega in area round by 47; Paris defeated by 3)

Paris Tough Games

W over Gilmer

L to Texarkana Pleaant Grove

W over Celina

W over Kennedale

LaVega Tough Games

W Over Medina Valley

L to Austin LBJ

W over Midlothian Heritage

W over Texarkana Liberty-Eylau

W Over Stephenville

W Over China Spring

For me slight edge in SOS goes to LaVega, the smaller district allowed them a couple of extra tough non-district games, whereas Paris is in a large district and didn't have as many chances schedule wise

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Both teams have played tough schedules:

Common opponents

Argyle (still alive; LaVega lost by 3; Paris lost by null

Melissa (eliminated by LaVega in area round by 47; Paris defeated by 3)

Paris Tough Games

W over Gilmer

L to Texarkana Pleaant Grove

W over Celina

W over Kennedale

LaVega Tough Games

W Over Medina Valley

L to Austin LBJ

W over Midlothian Heritage

W over Texarkana Liberty-Eylau

W Over Stephenville

W Over China Spring

For me slight edge in SOS goes to LaVega, the smaller district allowed them a couple of extra tough non-district games, whereas Paris is in a large district and didn't have as many chances schedule wise

Melissa was highly ranked when we beat them. They ended the year with a lot of injuries and kids kicked off the team 

• Stinks 1

10 minutes ago, coachkells said:

@MattStepp Maybe you can tell us how these two teams match up in total rushing yard this year.  

No idea....I know both teams are similar in that they are predicated on running the ball and stopping the run.....that makes it a fascinating matchup because its strength on strength

• Like 1