Paris vs Waco La Vega

bluetopper

Paris vs La Vega  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 01:30 AM

3 hours ago, bluetopper said:

What may I ask is Modoc? My auto correct is going nuts typing it....:)

It was a tribe of 60 Indians that stood against 600 US soldiers to defend there land.  Read about the Modoc war.  To LV it pretty much stands for, protect what is yours and all you have worked for.  

Modoc came about in the 80's with Coach Carlous Stone to get the team pumped up.  Man, there were some gnarly Modoc shirts floating around back then.  I wish LV would bring that mean Pirate Modoc logo back.  I think all traces of that logo are long gone.

I also heard from someone that Coach Stone brought the term CUJO to Tyler John Tyler when he coached the defense there, but don't quote me on that.  I have no one to confirm that with.

7 hours ago, SilverCrush8 said:

The great thing about football it’s not won on Smoaky,opinion polls or analysts! It’s won on the field. The hay is in the barn! See ya at the game! #GoCats #OTE #SilverCrush 

Hay is in the barn for the PHS Wildcats just go execute the work put in during practice and film study; we shall see? I hope the hay’s in the barn for Paris.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:59 PM, coachkells said:

I wonder if @Texskiwas at the LV Melissa game.  Maybe he can give us a comparison. 

I was there and I can and will...super slow and bored at work today

These are strictly my opinions and it has been nearly 2 months since I've seen Paris so take them for what they are worth. Also Melissa's best DL 6-3 310 lb #90 played a great game vs Paris but was out for the season with foot injury after that game. Cards wouldn't have beat LV with him but game would have likely been closer.

IMO LaVega is better but not by a wide margin. IMO Paris is very good but LV is great but I would completely throw the results against Melissa out the window.

Offense-

QB- slight edge to Paris. The Cats QB is underrated and if Paris needs to throw in this matchup I think they can effectively. Saw very little of what LV QB can do as they were so busy beating the Cards brains in by running the ball at will.

RB- edge to LV. LV is very deep and talented at RB..unusually deep for a 4A team. Paris also has some playmakers here. 

OL- edge to LV. The Pirates OL is the best I've seen this year...even better than Argyle and better than a handful of 6A playoff teams I've seen.

WR- even. Just like QB didn't see enough from LV to know for sure what they are capable but did see some real nice physical down field blocking on run plays and love when I see that from the position. The Paris WR made some nice grabs on 4th down plays are a very capable group.

Defense-

DL- slight edge to Paris. Was very impressed with both team. #12 for Paris is a stud and the interaction between him and LV OL will be fun to watch. Both really contained Melissa RB and QB from running much at all.

LB- edge LV. #15 for LV is another stud. He was best defensive player I've seen all year. Paris has a nice group here too and they played great in 4th q vs Melissa.

DB- edge LV.  All I have here Melissa tossed the ball effectively vs Paris thru 1st 3 q's but had barely 50 yards passing and zero points vs LV until midway thru 3rd q. Another interesting matchup here is that each team can really stop the run so if that happens and teams are forced to throw it more how will each teams secondary perform?

Special teams- edge Paris. Cats ran a kickoff back for TD (I think #4) vs Melissa but was called back for penalty. I just felt like on every kickoff or punt somebody might take it to the house. LV had numerous punt returns against Melissa but did nothing.  Paris kicker missed 2 medium range FGs but has a nice leg and they will call on him if needed. He could do well in the indoor environment. Paris punting was good but not sure about LV as they never even punted one time against Melissa. LV mostly kicker did his job on PATs.

Coaching- even. Really impressed with what Paris coach has done there. They've always had good players but really put it all together this year. I think many felt LV would drop off when Williams retired but the in-house hire has worked a out great.

Overall think this game will be a war and I will be attending. Feeling a very close game thru 3 q then LV pulls away. Paris is the underdog but they have embraced that role very well and are running with it so I win by them would not be surprising. This will be my first time at The Star and really undecided as to who to full for so likely just stay neutral. Might wear a Melissa Cards shirt and hope nobody yells 'We beat your team why are you here!' LOL. Good luck to both teams.

My prediction-  LaVega 40 Paris 23

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, SilverCrush8 said:

Melissa was highly ranked when we beat them. They ended the year with a lot of injuries and kids kicked off the team 

Injuries- Yes.. but which Melissa kids were kicked off the team ?

1 hour ago, Texski said:

I was there and I can and will...super slow and bored at work today

These are strictly my opinions and it has been nearly 2 months since I've seen Paris so take them for what they are worth. Also Melissa's best DL 6-3 310 lb #90 played a great game vs Paris but was out for the season with foot injury after that game. Cards wouldn't have beat LV with him but game would have likely been closer.

IMO LaVega is better but not by a wide margin. IMO Paris is very good but LV is great but I would completely throw the results against Melissa out the window.

Offense-

QB- slight edge to Paris. The Cats QB is underrated and if Paris needs to throw in this matchup I think they can effectively. Saw very little of what LV QB can do as they were so busy beating the Cards brains in by running the ball at will.

RB- edge to LV. LV is very deep and talented at RB..unusually deep for a 4A team. Paris also has some playmakers here. 

OL- edge to LV. The Pirates OL is the best I've seen this year...even better than Argyle and better than a handful of 6A playoff teams I've seen.

WR- even. Just like QB didn't see enough from LV to know for sure what they are capable but did see some real nice physical down field blocking on run plays and love when I see that from the position. The Paris WR made some nice grabs on 4th down plays are a very capable group.

Defense-

DL- slight edge to Paris. Was very impressed with both team. #12 for Paris is a stud and the interaction between him and LV OL will be fun to watch. Both really contained Melissa RB and QB from running much at all.

LB- edge LV. #15 for LV is another stud. He was best defensive player I've seen all year. Paris has a nice group here too and they played great in 4th q vs Melissa.

DB- edge LV.  All I have here Melissa tossed the ball effectively vs Paris thru 1st 3 q's but had barely 50 yards passing and zero points vs LV until midway thru 3rd q. Another interesting matchup here is that each team can really stop the run so if that happens and teams are forced to throw it more how will each teams secondary perform?

Special teams- edge Paris. Cats ran a kickoff back for TD (I think #4) vs Melissa but was called back for penalty. I just felt like on every kickoff or punt somebody might take it to the house. LV had numerous punt returns against Melissa but did nothing.  Paris kicker missed 2 medium range FGs but has a nice leg and they will call on him if needed. He could do well in the indoor environment. Paris punting was good but not sure about LV as they never even punted one time against Melissa. LV mostly kicker did his job on PATs.

Coaching- even. Really impressed with what Paris coach has done there. They've always had good players but really put it all together this year. I think many felt LV would drop off when Williams retired but the in-house hire has worked a out great.

Overall think this game will be a war and I will be attending. Feeling a very close game thru 3 q then LV pulls away. Paris is the underdog but they have embraced that role very well and are running with it so I win by them would not be surprising. This will be my first time at The Star and really undecided as to who to full for so likely just stay neutral. Might wear a Melissa Cards shirt and hope nobody yells 'We beat your team why are you here!' LOL. Good luck to both teams.

My prediction-  LaVega 40 Paris 23

Thanks, Always good to get a impartial set of eyes.   

I'll be watching this one with great interest from my humble abode on NFHS.  Frisco is only a relatively short drive for me, but it will be a nightmare of people and traffic around the Star.  I'd rather watch it in privacy and see some of the replays.  I also get to review it on tape if I want.  Good Luck to both schools and enjoy the moment......this is a tremendous meeting for both schools.

• Like 1

Argyle played both teams in wet conditions......so it's difficult to give a fair assessment of either team.  I feel like Paris is more explosive and has more speed at the skill positions, but we played LV in only the 2nd game of the season on a wet stormy night in a lightning delay.  We played Paris on a very cold, very wet field with slow constant rain for all of the first half and some of the 2nd half.  I must admit that they played very well under those conditions and even completed some very accurate passes to their WR that were covered in these conditions. Their QB is without a doubt very talented on both sides of the ball and perhaps the fastest player on the  Wildcats team in the open field, but they have several that are all very fast.  I'm of the opinion that LV will not be able to dominate this game at all.....and that Paris will be able to exert its defensive line to cause some problems for LV.  Paris also has some very good LB's and a very speedy secondary that can cover and tackle.  They will be able to run down the LV backs on breakaways. So this game has alot to see, folks.  Good Luck to both teams and I pray for no serious injuries.  

Not me.......I'ma thinkin' all of those in attendance will be super-charged to see what happens out on that field tonight with these athletes going at it for all the marbles. Texas High School playoff football at its finest is gonna be tonight's theme at a great venue......The Star.   There will be stars on that field tonight.....and perhaps even future stars at another level.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:38 AM, WildcatNanNa said:

Pulling for my Cats. This group of young men is on a mission to get it done!  Talent combined with heart has gotten them to this point. They’re a driven, dedicated bunch and the coaches are doing an excellent job of bringing out their strengths and developing a game plan that works. The Silver Crush is on a mission to Jerry’s World. I’m planning on supporting them all the way!

056366E6-6E41-409A-8384-B01A32A1F591.jpeg

Good luck to yall! I hope yall make it.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 1:46 PM, SilverCrush8 said:

Correction we faced the defending state Champs Texarkana Pleasant Grove! We respect LV but we’re not scared! We’ve faced a lot of athletic teams. Teams that are greater than you’ve faced! But all of that is null and void. It’s LV vs Paris! See ya at the Game 

PG beat Paris 31-10.   LaVega will handle the Wildcats.  LaVega will be the best D Paris has played all year.   Tonight the debate will be over.    LaVega and Argyle will see each other soon.