Troup VS Newton SFA 7:30pm

headhunter02

Troup vs Newton  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

On 11/27/2018 at 7:48 AM, Tiger1995 said:

Your so sorely mistaken....Don't confuse High school future DBs who play running back for actual future Rbs. And I think that's what your comparing this situation to. Also another thing to look at is 24 is State Power lifting champion. Dude is strong. Really strong. His Pass blocking is top notch at the RB position which makes him a great 3 down back. Also if you'll look at foot work he's making great first five step reads to give the whole time to open the crease. Overall he's a great athlete. Good in all sports. He is a Barlow Type kid...No...completely different style RB. But I don't think Barlow will be a RB in college either. WR or DB is a prime position for him.

He is getting recruited as running back , he is ranked as one of the best backs in Texas , he is 6foot 215 and he runs a 4.46 .. plus he has almost 5,000 yards rushing , you have no ideal what your talking about as usual. Go to google and type Darwin Barlow 

• Like 2

On 11/27/2018 at 7:48 AM, Tiger1995 said:

Your so sorely mistaken....Don't confuse High school future DBs who play running back for actual future Rbs. And I think that's what your comparing this situation to. Also another thing to look at is 24 is State Power lifting champion. Dude is strong. Really strong. His Pass blocking is top notch at the RB position which makes him a great 3 down back. Also if you'll look at foot work he's making great first five step reads to give the whole time to open the crease. Overall he's a great athlete. Good in all sports. He is a Barlow Type kid...No...completely different style RB. But I don't think Barlow will be a RB in college either. WR or DB is a prime position for him.

I had a little bit of respect for you, but after reading this I have zero respect for anything you post on this website. Why don't you watch a little more film before you start running your arrogant mouth. Didn't know when LSU offered him as a RB that they actually meant DB or WR why don't you stay in Arp and worry about not going 3-7 again. 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:34 AM, Scattrapat2 said:

If telling me laser combine is suppose to convince me that the kid is fast you are sadly mistaken. 4.6 for a rb is not fast when you have offensive lineman running 4.6. But Idk it just my opinion from watching film. Now the quarterback is a big tall kid with a decent arm and good vision. 

Track speed doesn't always convert to football speed either ... A lot of kids supposedly clocked at "4.6" on a track are closer to 4.8 - 5.0 with pads, helmets and cleats ... 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, Tiger1995 said:

Bar low will not be a WR or DB in college ...

Barlow could play any position on the field.  I havent seen him throw or kick but im not going to bet against him.  Dude is a tank.  You can question his speed all you want but i am trying to remember a time he was caught from behind in the open field.  Seems like he just glides away from everyone chasing him.  You also notice how well he blocks.  Every time one of his team mates breaks a big run, he is always somewhere around laying someone out.  

• Like 1

After seeing both play  and looking at the stats from Max preps, I say that Newton keeps close to their average of scoring at about 57 a game and giving  up 7.5.       So I'll say 60-7 because Troup will throw the ball and stop the clock.

http://www.maxpreps.com/division/tx/jFOBl6Rfck6GFrIfgXd3Zw/football-fall-18/standings-division-3a-2.htm

Been watching this post from beginning and reading a lot of stuff that just doesn't make much sense football wise. So many people are looking through "Homer Glasses." JJ was talking last week about Harmony being the second best team in the state and having a shot against Newton and now he has jumped on the Troup bandwagon cause surely these teams are great if they beat Arp so badly. Granted any team in the playoff could beat Newton if everything falls just right for them and Newton turns the ball over every time they get it and have tons of penalties but the chances of that are very slim-  They are Historically good--up there with any 3A team that has ever played. I was born in Troup, graduated there and played on some really good teams--one lost in state semi finals to eventual state champ by 1 point, another was ranked number one and lost on penetrations to the eventual state champion. My only experience with Newton is losing to them as a coach several years ago in the third round of the playoffs

With all that being said Troup lost to a really good 2A Carlisle team and to a good but definitely not great 3A Harmony team that lost to 3A daingerfield and 3A West Rusk

Newton beat

4A 3rd round playoff Silsbee by 42 points. Silsbee only other losses-5A 3rd-round PNG by 34, 5A secound round Nederland by 7 and 4A 3rd round WOS by 3

4A 3rd round WOS by 14 whose other losses were 5A second round Nederland by 1, 5A Crosby(7-3) by 11 and 4A round 3 Jasper by 10

4A 3rd round Gilmer by 20- other losses 4A 3rd round Paris by 6, 4A 3rd round Carthage by 52, 4A 3rd round PG by 14, 4A 3rd round Pitt by 33 and 4A 2nd round LE by 12

The only 3A division 2 team that can come close to beating Newton is Newton

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, darktower said:

Been watching this post from beginning and reading a lot of stuff that just doesn't make much sense football wise. So many people are looking through "Homer Glasses." JJ was talking last week about Harmony being the second best team in the state and having a shot against Newton and now he has jumped on the Troup bandwagon cause surely these teams are great if they beat Arp so badly. Granted any team in the playoff could beat Newton if everything falls just right for them and Newton turns the ball over every time they get it and have tons of penalties but the chances of that are very slim-  They are Historically good--up there with any 3A team that has ever played. I was born in Troup, graduated there and played on some really good teams--one lost in state semi finals to eventual state champ by 1 point, another was ranked number one and lost on penetrations to the eventual state champion. My only experience with Newton is losing to them as a coach several years ago in the third round of the playoffs

With all that being said Troup lost to a really good 2A Carlisle team and to a good but definitely not great 3A Harmony team that lost to 3A daingerfield and 3A West Rusk

Newton beat

4A 3rd round playoff Silsbee by 42 points. Silsbee only other losses-5A 3rd-round PNG by 34, 5A secound round Nederland by 7 and 4A 3rd round WOS by 3

4A 3rd round WOS by 14 whose other losses were 5A second round Nederland by 1, 5A Crosby(7-3) by 11 and 4A round 3 Jasper by 10

4A 3rd round Gilmer by 20- other losses 4A 3rd round Paris by 6, 4A 3rd round Carthage by 52, 4A 3rd round PG by 14, 4A 3rd round Pitt by 33 and 4A 2nd round LE by 12

Good post

1 hour ago, darktower said:

Newton beat

Truth 

1 hour ago, darktower said:

Newton beat

Cut JJ some slack, he is supporting Troup because his son is on the team. Can't blame him. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

How did the Newton jv and Jr high teams do this yr? 

Someone may correct me if wrong here, which I am probably a little off being that I did not attend one game and have only read about it, but I think Newton's 8th grade lost one game and JV lost two games?? Though, Newton's varsity will be very, very dominant again next season. A lot of key players return and the freshman RB will be the next huge recruit. He will probably receive multiple offers next year as a sophomore if he stays healthy. Then they return majority of the offensive line, #2, #3, #12, #14 and #24 that are big time players right now. I think they could possibly go undefeated again. WOS or Gilmer will definitely test them and could very much win, but I don't see a 3A team beating them next year as well; unless the injury bug hits them. They are going to be explosive next season. Just my opinion, but who knows. How about you guys?