San Augustine vs Garrison - Regional Semi Final

SAWolfman

18 minutes ago, Easttxmaniac said:

Does garrison even play 🏀  lol.  At least SA is competitive in every sport. Garrison football and thats it 😢

Well we are going to see you off to basketball season Friday so you can start practicing early ... we will stick to more manly spots  ...

• LOL! 1

Seems to me if anyone picks a team over SA, CERTAIN Wolves fans will get upset and put words into your mouth! And the thing is, I like the Wolves but I guess this Thread was not meant for opinions! Even though that’s  what everyone is doing on here. Sorry if this OFFENDS you but I’ll say it again,        GARRISON! 😂       

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JACKETLIFE said:

Seems to me if anyone picks a team over SA, CERTAIN Wolves fans will get upset and put words into your mouth! And the thing is, I like the Wolves but I guess this Thread was not meant for opinions! Even though that’s  what everyone is doing on here. Sorry if this OFFENDS you but I’ll say it again,        GARRISON! 😂       

Really dc who you like.  How is basketball practice in jacket land?

• Thumbs Down 1

36 minutes ago, Reddog92 said:

No disrespect to SA but Garrison is hitting on all cylinders.. I got Garrison by 2tds.

We both beat down your Groveton indians and pretty sure you havent seen SA since....so how do you know SA isnt hitting on all cylinders?

Wolfman taking everything so personal! You all in your Feelings! Glad I’ve have been around some other San Augustine people and they some good people! Back in a day our school bus broke down in SA , we was all up in their school dance. Cool people. But You, need a male role model other than your Aunt!   GET OUT YOUR FEELINGS!🤪

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, JACKETLIFE said:

Wolfman taking everything so personal! You all in your Feelings! Glad I’ve have been around some other San Augustine people and they some good people! Back in a day our school bus broke down in SA , we was all up in their school dance. Cool people. But You, need a male role model other than your Aunt!   GET OUT YOUR FEELINGS!🤪

I'm gravy home boy.  I'm positive we make it a lot better game than that joke of a game last week.  

I think this will be a dandy. Both teams have had a tendency to start slow in the playoffs.

For Garrison, Alto had their chances early to jump out to a lead but instead  gifted Garrison their 1st 7 points. Left another 7 out there when they kinda had Garrison on their heels after the kickoff fumble. Had a chance to get back in it in the 3rd quarter but Porter made a great play from behind to cause the fumble at the goal line. Against Groveton they had some early miscues that a better team could have capitalized on and made Garrison play from behind. At the end of the day though, the Dogs have not let either team capitalize and wind up pulling away. 

For SA, it took them way to long to pull away from Timpson. They kept the pressure on defensively the entire game, but felt like the offense was real sluggish until late in the 3rd. Against Leon it was kinda the same story, slow 1st quarter but then turned it up a notch in the 2nd and 3rd to cruise to the victory. Again, SA defense has done a good job keeping the other teams under control until the offense gets clicking. 

So, for this game, I think it is going to come down to which offense can get rolling 1st. Both have a tendency to rip a couple of scores off in a row once they get 1. If one team can get it going sooner, the other will have to do something that neither has done in a long time and that’s play catch-up. Personally I thought all along that the Garrison-Alto winner would be in the regional final and I’m not going to back off of that now. I do think this will be a great game though and will be really surprised if it gets out of hand either way. 

19 hours ago, Easttxmaniac said:

Please SA fans know Garrison is the almighty. Lol. The team that wins basketball  wait they cant even hit the backboard. The team that hits a hard fastball wait thay was SA. Back to back state championship.  But next friday the team with the best athletes.in region3 without help from nacogdoches aka Garrison and Carlisle aka Henderson  will lose

How did SA do back when they were in the old 3A with Rusk, Diboll, etc. pre-2000’s ....attendance in SA isn’t what it should be due to academics... everyone choosing to go to other schools in the area.  

10 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

How did SA do back when they were in the old 3A with Rusk, Diboll, etc. pre-2000’s ....attendance in SA isn’t what it should be due to academics... everyone choosing to go to other schools in the area.  

Academics has went way to the past few years.  Most people would pick time go to SA over Cushing.  For the ones leaving saying its about academics are lying...its because SA is 90% black...

21 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

I think this will be a dandy. Both teams have had a tendency to start slow in the playoffs.

For Garrison, Alto had their chances early to jump out to a lead but instead  gifted Garrison their 1st 7 points. Left another 7 out there when they kinda had Garrison on their heels after the kickoff fumble. Had a chance to get back in it in the 3rd quarter but Porter made a great play from behind to cause the fumble at the goal line. Against Groveton they had some early miscues that a better team could have capitalized on and made Garrison play from behind. At the end of the day though, the Dogs have not let either team capitalize and wind up pulling away. 

For SA, it took them way to long to pull away from Timpson. They kept the pressure on defensively the entire game, but felt like the offense was real sluggish until late in the 3rd. Against Leon it was kinda the same story, slow 1st quarter but then turned it up a notch in the 2nd and 3rd to cruise to the victory. Again, SA defense has done a good job keeping the other teams under control until the offense gets clicking. 

So, for this game, I think it is going to come down to which offense can get rolling 1st. Both have a tendency to rip a couple of scores off in a row once they get 1. If one team can get it going sooner, the other will have to do something that neither has done in a long time and that’s play catch-up. Personally I thought all along that the Garrison-Alto winner would be in the regional final and I’m not going to back off of that now. I do think this will be a great game though and will be really surprised if it gets out of hand either way. 

I think you are both teams struggle early with opponents because we both tend to wear them down with our size!  Then go on a tear...

1 minute ago, SAWolfman said:

I think you are both teams struggle early with opponents because we both tend to wear them down with our size!  Then go on a tear...

I would not disagree that the size has worn people down, for both. At some point though, whether it be this week or next or in the semis, someone is going to make one of y’all pay for the slow starts. 

Just now, villagegenius said:

I would not disagree that the size has worn people down, for both. At some point though, whether it be this week or next or in the semis, someone is going to make one of y’all pay for the slow starts. 

Agreed.  

3 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Academics has went way to the past few years.  Most people would pick time go to SA over Cushing.  For the ones leaving saying its about academics are lying...its because SA is 90% black...

Whatever the reason is ... you can’t have parents coming up to school board and complaining because their child can’t pass a math test and cause a teacher to get canned because she refused to grade on a curve.

Cushing’s population is 550ish, Garrison around 850 something and Price... they just have sign that says just that.... SA’s population is in the 2000’s.   All three schools have lots of folks that live outside the city limits.  JS if all students in the district attended SA you would be in what is now 4A.

would not have brought it up but saying Garrison and Carlisle get all of their talent from Nac and Henderson diensnt hokd water... those numbers are very small.  Where did SA’s two 300+ pound linemen come from?   From the North?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Whatever the reason is ... you can’t have parents coming up to school board and complaining because their child can’t pass a math test and cause a teacher to get canned because she refused to grade on a curve.

Cushing’s population is 550ish, Garrison around 850 something and Price... they just have sign that says just that.... SA’s population is in the 2000’s.   All three schools have lots of folks that live outside the city limits.  JS if all students in the district attended SA you would be in what is now 4A.

would not have brought it up but saying Garrison and Carlisle get all of their talent from Nac and Henderson diensnt hokd water... those numbers are very small.  Where did SA’s two 300+ pound linemen come from?   From the North?

WS and he has lived in SA county his whole life.  Not that many kids go elsewhere.  The ones that do are white and only because of the race issue...and they can lie to they are blue in the face.  SA is more retirement driven.  Sure some kids go elsewhere....but we are doing alright.

16 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

WS and he has lived in SA county his whole life.  Not that many kids go elsewhere.  The ones that do are white and only because of the race issue...and they can lie to they are blue in the face.  SA is more retirement driven.  Sure some kids go elsewhere....but we are doing alright.