San Augustine vs Garrison - Regional Semi Final

SAWolfman

2 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

WS and he has lived in SA county his whole life.  Not that many kids go elsewhere.  The ones that do are white and only because of the race issue...and they can lie to they are blue in the face.  SA is more retirement driven.  Sure some kids go elsewhere....but we are doing alright.

Not true about many kids not going elsewhere.... Chireno’s and Broaddus’ attendance went up a 3rd... true those schools dont play football..but they would have had they attended SA. I’m sure a few went onto Shelbyville.... not overnight but SA would be in the same ol’ district line-ups as they used to be had in not been for the out-of-District transfer rule coming about.

21 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Whatever the reason is ... you can’t have parents coming up to school board and complaining because their child can’t pass a math test and cause a teacher to get canned because she refused to grade on a curve.

Cushing’s population is 550ish, Garrison around 850 something and Price... they just have sign that says just that.... SA’s population is in the 2000’s.   All three schools have lots of folks that live outside the city limits.  JS if all students in the district attended SA you would be in what is now 4A.

would not have brought it up but saying Garrison and Carlisle get all of their talent from Nac and Henderson diensnt hokd water... those numbers are very small.  Where did SA’s two 300+ pound linemen come from?   From the North?

Some of my family always wanted me to go to Broaddus because of the race issue.  Glad I stayed in SA.  

Anyway, I think Garrison will take it Friday night but If SA can play disciplined and hit the airways like they can you will have a chance...  it’s gonna come down to who can hold out and play 4 full quarters and not turn the ball over.  SA will have to hold down 3 talented running backs.

1 minute ago, HulaKat said:

Anyway, I think Garrison will take it Friday night but If SA can play disciplined and hit the airways like they can you will have a chance...  it’s gonna come down to who can hold out and play 4 full quarters and not turn the ball over.  SA will have to hold down 3 talented running backs.

We have played each other before.  We know what we are up against as do they.  

4 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Some of my family always wanted me to go to Broaddus because of the race issue.  Glad I stayed in SA.  

I get it that’s the way it is now and that was two decades ago as far as being two classifications higher...  Talent-wise SA should win every year with the right coach.  Good luck to both teams Fri night and hope the injuries stay down...  

1 minute ago, HulaKat said:

I get it that’s the way it is now and that was two decades ago as far as being two classifications higher...  Talent-wise SA should win every year with the right coach.  Good luck to both teams Fri night and hope the injuries stay down...  

In the mid 2000's the SA school board was horrible.  They fired Lynn Graves after we won state then rehired him. Only to let him go again after he wouldnt play Trey Haley.  His parents were on that board.  It's not so much like that anymore.  They have went through a big admin overhaul and finally got it right I think!

Just one question for HulaKat...how does a forum about football give you the right to get on here and bash a school district?  If you have issues with the school, run for the board or at least get on the agenda at the board meeting and do something about it.  Don't get on a public forum and bash them. I happen to think SA has a great school!!!

I didnt think he was bashing the school district just stated that people were leaving bc of better education other places.  SA used to be 3A when all the schools they are playing now were 2A or 1A.  Maybe the kids are getting a great education at SA, I don't know.  Plus HulaKat is from Cushing, one of the best school districts in the area for education. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bystander76 said:

Just one question for HulaKat...how does a forum about football give you the right to get on here and bash a school district?  If you have issues with the school, run for the board or at least get on the agenda at the board meeting and do something about it.  Don't get on a public forum and bash them. I happen to think SA has a great school!!!

If you read the entire thread you would have seen I’m not bashing the school district.  The facts I stated are the truth... but what we were talking about is where SA should be aligned based on there community-size.  I lived in SA for 3 years from 2011 to 2014 so I do know what goes on there. We were talking about where schools get their players.    

I keep it clean most of the time and do not make a habit of spouting negativity.  

For your information I have been to a school board meeting there.  If u want to discuss it you can private message me.

16 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

If you read the entire thread you would have seen I’m not bashing the school district.  The facts I stated are the truth... but what we were talking about is where SA should be aligned based on there community-size.  I lived in SA for 3 years from 2011 to 2014 so I do know what goes on there. We were talking about where schools get their players.    

I keep it clean most of the time and do not make a habit of spouting negativity.  

For your information I have been to a school board meeting there.  If u want to discuss it you can private message me.

You have bashed the school and administrators on several post. To each his own. Your post stated it should be larger, but students are moving out because of the school. No need in you trying to twist it back around. 

Lived there since 1973. SA. Has always had talent. When i was in school it was newton crockett diboll center kirbyville and rusk. Name me a tougher 3a district than that in the 80s. Back then it was only two teams. And it was newton and SA. Uil has messed it all up now. They go by school size not town 

25 minutes ago, Easttxmaniac said:

Lived there since 1973. SA. Has always had talent. When i was in school it was newton crockett diboll center kirbyville and rusk. Name me a tougher 3a district than that in the 80s. Back then it was only two teams. And it was newton and SA. Uil has messed it all up now. They go by school size not town 

I agree UIL has messed it all up

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Star4life said:

I agree UIL has messed it all up

They (UIL) set things into motion by creating the out-of-District transfer rule.  The only way u could go to another school out of the district you lived in was to pay the tax rate per student if cost the tax payer to educate a student in that district that they want to attend and then you would have to wait a full school year before attending extracurricular activities.  Now, if you live within 18 miles giver take a couple and carry a “B” average you can begin the year at the start of the school year and participate...  I think that’s the way it goes... anyway someone can help me out if it’s not entirely accurate.

Not sure when they started the rule... don’t think it was as far Bach as pre-2000 but I believe that’s aboyt the time SA moved down from the old 3A to old 2A.  Maybe 2002 because Garrison and SA won both divisions is class 2A in 2003.

Anyway, should be a very competitive ballgame at Dragon stadium... hopefully the severe weather theyvare forecasting  will all be done before that evening.

I find the confidence that Wulfman is exhibiting rather curious on this game. Garrison resembles the physical presence that Refugio had against the Wolves last year.... And everyone knows how that turned out..... I think it will be the same result personally.... Only difference is Garrison seems to get bored on defense at times and blow assignments and allow teams to stick around 

28 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

They (UIL) set things into motion by creating the out-of-District transfer rule.  The only way u could go to another school out of the district you lived in was to pay the tax rate per student if cost the tax payer to educate a student in that district that they want to attend and then you would have to wait a full school year before attending extracurricular activities.  Now, if you live within 18 miles giver take a couple and carry a “B” average you can begin the year at the start of the school year and participate...  I think that’s the way it goes... anyway someone can help me out if it’s not entirely accurate.

Not sure when they started the rule... don’t think it was as far Bach as pre-2000 but I believe that’s aboyt the time SA moved down from the old 3A to old 2A.  Maybe 2002 because Garrison and SA won both divisions is class 2A in 2003.

Anyway, should be a very competitive ballgame at Dragon stadium... hopefully the severe weather theyvare forecasting  will all be done before that evening.

Garrison dropped from the old 3A in the mid 90s. They got put in a district with us, Shelbyville, Timpson and Alto. I can’t remember who else was in it but our program was struggling and that district did nothing to help.