San Augustine vs Garrison - Regional Semi Final

SAWolfman

4 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Looks like just a bunch of facts. Seems to me the ones that don’t like it are the ones that don’t like how the facts make their team look...... But numbers don’t tell the whole story. Still gotta play the game. Garrison is physical. Carlisle is explosive. Tenaha is tough. SA is athletic. Gonna be some good games IMO

I could careless about all that data, but I agree wholeheartedly with you. It all comes down to Saturday.   In my experience you can throw all that other out the window. Especially when it’s the second time in same season. 

1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Looks like just a bunch of facts. Seems to me the ones that don’t like it are the ones that don’t like how the facts make their team look...... But numbers don’t tell the whole story. Still gotta play the game. Garrison is physical. Carlisle is explosive. Tenaha is tough. SA is athletic. Gonna be some good games IMO

As someone said earlier.  It's a new season and what he just doesnt really mean much.  If you want to look at it that way....Garrison let Beckville hang with em who let Timpson beat them by 30...who then let SA beat them down 1st game of the playoffs.  But of course....that was all a fluke there in d 11.  D 11 goes down Saturday....just like the rest have!

• Stinks 1

11 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

As someone said earlier.  It's a new season and what he just doesnt really mean much.  If you want to look at it that way....Garrison let Beckville hang with em who let Timpson beat them by 30...who then let SA beat them down 1st game of the playoffs.  But of course....that was all a fluke there in d 11.  D 11 goes down Saturday....just like the rest have!

Lol.. Hahahaha 

30 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

More of D11 than it is of your district....Just saying

No allegiance to either team, but as a HS football fan and East Texas native, I'm hoping Garrison takes this one.  SA so overhyped themselves last year going into the semi-final against Refugio you would have that they walked on water.  Then what happened?  I took the time to go to the game at NRG and saw nothing but total domination of a team that would have been, at best, probably the fifth place team in Region III. 

I'm hoping to see Garrison bring something new this year and give Region III some real competition as it's been missing for about 10 years now and I'm tired of East Texas teams getting waxed in the semis. 

I've seen Mason and Refugio games the last two weeks and while they won easily, they do not look as strong as previous years, so perhaps this is the year?

• Stinks 1

12 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

You left out, Garrison dawged SA ... So using your reasoning Beckville would donkey stomp SA ... :munch::rofl::mower:

Reality will begin to soak into your little pea brain about 2pm Saturday .... 

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

No allegiance to either team, but as a HS football fan and East Texas native, I'm hoping Garrison takes this one.  SA so overhyped themselves last year going into the semi-final against Refugio you would have that they walked on water.  Then what happened?  I took the time to go to the game at NRG and saw nothing but total domination of a team that would have been, at best, probably the fifth place team in Region III. 

I'm hoping to see Garrison bring something new this year and give Region III some real competition as it's been missing for about 10 years now and I'm tired of East Texas teams getting waxed in the semis. 

I've seen Mason and Refugio games the last two weeks and while they won easily, they do not look as strong as previous years, so perhaps this is the year?

You went to the SA/Refugio game at NRG?  I must have missed that one...but apparently you missed the game we were all at...

49 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

You went to the SA/Refugio game at NRG?  I must have missed that one...but apparently you missed the game we were all at...

Yeah, I was there at the SA game last year (2017), but you're right, it was at a quite nice HS stadium that was as good as a lot of colleges.  I was thinking about the previous year (2016) at NRG when Refugio embarrassed the Houptee out of Centerville.  The point still stands that San Augustine fans were stumbling all over themselves talking of how great they were and then Region III punched them in the mouth.  Time for Garrison to take their shot and get it done for east Texas.

Edited by Everide2016
Did not know I couldn't spell out the word "####" so replaced with "Houptee."

14 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Yeah, I was there at the SA game last year (2017), but you're right, it was at a quite nice HS stadium that was as good as a lot of colleges.  I was thinking about the previous year (2016) at NRG when Refugio embarrassed the Houptee out of Centerville.  The point still stands that San Augustine fans were stumbling all over themselves talking of how great they were and then Region III punched them in the mouth.  Time for Garrison to take their shot and get it done for east Texas.

Refugio is Region 4, or IV if you’re from Rome. SA and Garrison are Region 3. 

I mean Colt McCoy and Jim Ned were gonna throw the ball all over SA back in 2003 and that didn't work out to well for them either.  That's all in the past, new year, new team and I, unlike you, choose to cheer for the Wolves...win, lose or draw, that's who I am gonna support.  IF the Bulldogs win, I will be the first to congratulate them on their victory, right after I tell our young men how proud of them I am for giving us something to cheer about!!!

11 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Region-smeegion, doesn't matter, we all know what we're talking about... the other region has been smacking around the east Texas region too long. Right?

That ends when they meet the Garrison bulldogs, Carlisle Indians, or Tenaha Tigers. I can assure you, it won’t be San Augustine representing our region this year.

But Garrison, Carlisle or Tenaha will represent us well. I honestly just don’t think San Augustine is quite as good as those 3.

Not a knock on SA, they are a great program. Tons of athleticism. They flat out just aren’t the best in the region. Garrison and Tenaha already beat them. SA had a puny schedule. I believe Carlisle would blast SA and it’s up for debate whether SA would have beat Joaquin. 

10 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

I'm gonna say if anyone has a chance to beat those teams from the South it will be this year and SA is the team I am thinking can do it.  BTW how did Refugio end up the next week.  Take your garbage elsewhere, you're clueless

Nobody said anything about Refugio being next week.  I don't even know if it'll be Refugio, Mason, or Shiner.  Just stating that their region has been putting it on east Texas far too long so I'm hoping to see a different representative (Garrison) take a shot at whoever it is.  San Augustine posters on here apparently aren't a very good judge of their talent level verses what's out there in the rest of Texas because they thought they were outstanding last year and found out otherwise.  I know it's hard to judge if you don't get out of the area.  Despite a lot of people not liking the Refugio coach, he has done a good job of getting his team to play exceptional talent in pre-district, so they know what they have (i.e. Mart-enough said, 3A Goliad, Lago Vista several years ago, 4A Geronimo-Navarro, etc.) 

Having said that, I have had the chance to see Mason and Refugio this year and they aren't as strong as they have been, but still very good and will be up to the challenge, so I'm hoping Garrison makes it and brings it to the Regional Championship game.

You must still be obsessed with last year's whooping to get so emotional in your reply.  Kind of weird dude. 

8 minutes ago, Foozball said:

That ends when they meet the Garrison bulldogs, Carlisle Indians, or Tenaha Tigers. I can assure you, it won’t be San Augustine representing our region this year.

But Garrison, Carlisle or Tenaha will represent us well. I honestly just don’t think San Augustine is quite as good as those 3.

Good to hear and I hope so.  I've been away from the area for a number of years, so don't get to see these teams anymore until playoffs, but would love to see one of these three in the regional final.