San Augustine vs Garrison - Regional Semi Final

SAWolfman

2 hours ago, CT88 said:

You are the only one talking about Garrisons other sports. No one has responded to you... garrison might not have had as much success in other sports but they compete in the other sports. 

Another issue is basketball loses so much time because most of the basketball players play football and when you start basketball a week or two before Christmas, it’s tough. Not an excuse, just a fact. 

Tenaha says “Hi!”

3 hours ago, Easttxmaniac said:

Btw garrison #### in every other sport ha. Trust me. In 45 and could start for the mighty Dawgs hs basket ball team

Truthfully, Garrison is usually pretty solid in baseball, and I believe they sent several kids to the state track meet last year. So they got that going for them. 

5 hours ago, Foozball said:

I’m fine whether they do or don’t. Doesnt change the fact that SA won’t represent it in 2018, and it doesn’t change the fact that SA would be fighting for its life just to make it out of D11 this year. One of those is my opinion (soon to be fact) the other statement is indisputable (though you’ll try and dispute it).

I’m pretty sure SA makes it out of d11 this year. Joaquin lost to Timpson and osby ran all over Them rams. SA dominated Timpson and shut down Osby. I don’t even think he had 30 yards.

1 minute ago, BronCos2015 said:

I’m pretty sure SA makes it out of d11 this year. Joaquin lost to Timpson and osby ran all over Them rams. SA dominated Timpson and shut down Osby. I don’t even think he had 30 yards.

.... and Garrison ran over, around and through SA ....

3 minutes ago, BronCos2015 said:

Joaquin beat Tenaha. Tenaha beat Timpson. Tenaha beat SA. Do you see the difficulty of D11? And I haven’t even brought up Garrison. And the fact that D11’s weaker teams such as Beckville and LK are fair better and far more physical than the weaker teams in SA’s district. Thus more potential for injuries. Making escape from this years D11 a dog fight. One SA would have struggled with.

If my Aunt had nuts she’d be my Uncle. If this, if that. Here’s the bottom line. SA was in district 12 and not 11. We could careless if you think we would have made it out of your district. Bottom line, you won’t make it out of OUR Region. Last I checked it’s still ours cause the Wolves are the only one on this thread that have made it out of here in recent history. Good night Smoaky!!! Go get em Wolfpack. Can’t wait to hear Murr holler for them Super Heavys tomorrow and ol 74 put it in 4 low and them garrison boys be laid flat on their backs lookin at Tijays butt as he runs from one end of the field to the other. 

2 hours ago, Foozball said:

Joaquin beat Tenaha. Tenaha beat Timpson. Tenaha beat SA. Do you see the difficulty of D11? And I haven’t even brought up Garrison. And the fact that D11’s weaker teams such as Beckville and LK are fair better and far more physical than the weaker teams in SA’s district. Thus more potential for injuries. Making escape from this years D11 a dog fight. One SA would have struggled with.

Would SA have made the playoffs out of District 11? Very likely, provided they stayed healthy. I venture to say they would have been right in the thick of the hunt for the district championship. One can only speculate as to how that would have shook out. It’s a given that it would not have been the cakewalk that 12 was. But the facts are these: the UIL couldn’t put all of the good teams in one district. SA beat everyone in their district by double digits. So they earned their spot. I believe they are very capable of beating Garrison. I haven’t seen SA up close this year so I can’t comment on how they match up with Garrison. Sounds like it has the makings of a great game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CT88 said:

You are the only one talking about Garrisons other sports. No one has responded to you... garrison might not have had as much success in other sports but they compete in the other sports. 

Another issue is basketball loses so much time because most of the basketball players play football and when you start basketball a week or two before Christmas, it’s tough. Not an excuse, just a fact. 

Also if we garrison fans are babies for pulling for our team (for all the reasons already stated) and all the SA fans think we are stupid, please tell me how you plan to stop garrisons offense and how you plan to score on garrisons defense. Because I ain’t seen it yet on this thread ... and please don’t give me “we are more athletic” please let me know so I can watch for it tomorrow 

Scored 39 on garrisons d the last time.  We will score.

Game Day!!! And what a pretty day it looks like it’s gonna be. Hope emotions are high, but kept in check, as this game will be as physical in the trenches as either team as seen this season. Good Backs in both jerseys, but I don’t see either one being able to run straight up the gut. This game will be decudrd by who cen get to the outside and who can contain. I’ll also state that even tho WE all like to get on here and praise our team and talk lots of smack, let’s rememberer these are high school athletes and they need to be encouraged regardless of the outcome. They have busted their butts since August to give us all something to cheer for. Thank you coaches for investing in our youth!!! 

18 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

Game Day!!! And what a pretty day it looks like it’s gonna be. Hope emotions are high, but kept in check, as this game will be as physical in the trenches as either team as seen this season. Good Backs in both jerseys, but I don’t see either one being able to run straight up the gut. This game will be decudrd by who cen get to the outside and who can contain. I’ll also state that even tho WE all like to get on here and praise our team and talk lots of smack, let’s rememberer these are high school athletes and they need to be encouraged regardless of the outcome. They have busted their butts since August to give us all something to cheer for. Thank you coaches for investing in our youth!!! 

Agreed. Good post 

only thing I’ll add is I hope it’s an injury free game, this time of the year, everyone is dealing with bumps and bruises. 

36 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

SA. But then again tenaha struggled with cville and SA dominated pretty much.. I actually think some of the games this year were representative of... Just how the kiddos felt that night.. Jmho 

Oh I thought we hung almost 50 on them. I agree we let em hang around a little to long, but not sure struggle is the word of choice. We have to be perfect on every play to win today. No mental mistakes, no turnovers, no penalties. Long sustained drives for us and their running back becomes insignificant. We will hit him unlike he’s been hit this year and see how he adjust. He’s been untouched most of the year. He’ll feel a few pops today. Same can be said about us as well tho. This one will be a test, but don’t you ever doubt that SA is studied up and ready for it. 3 1/2 and we’ll see you in Nac

1 hour ago, bystander76 said:

Oh I thought we hung almost 50 on them. I agree we let em hang around a little to long, but not sure struggle is the word of choice. We have to be perfect on every play to win today. No mental mistakes, no turnovers, no penalties. Long sustained drives for us and their running back becomes insignificant. We will hit him unlike he’s been hit this year and see how he adjust. He’s been untouched most of the year. He’ll feel a few pops today. Same can be said about us as well tho. This one will be a test, but don’t you ever doubt that SA is studied up and ready for it. 3 1/2 and we’ll see you in Nac

Adjustments are always the key from game to game against the same foe..wish yall well and hope we prevail today as well...would be cool to play yall again..lol..again...