San Augustine vs Garrison - Regional Semi Final

SAWolfman

1 minute ago, AlphaDawg said:

I think it will be just like today! The team that shows up wins! Can go either way!! Where is game going to be?

I agree. At this point all pretenders and contenders have be shaken out. There are only 2 left. There can only be one.

They both earned their way to this showdown 

Congrats to the wolves,  they out played us today,  wasn’t supposed to end this way for my senior.  That group of Garrison Seniors are the most respectable bunch of young men I have seen in a while.  They love each other like brothers.  8 of them have an excellent grade point average in class and are taking 10-14 hours of college credits this semester.  I know this doesn’t mean much to a lot of folks on here but these young men have bright futures in whatever career they decide to pursue.  Always a Great Day to be a Bulldog!!  Not taking shots at other schools just speaking from my heart. Love my Dawgs win or lose.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DawgPound73 said:

Congrats to the wolves,  they out played us today,  wasn’t supposed to end this way for my senior.  That group of Garrison Seniors are the most respectable bunch of young men I have seen in a while.  They love each other like brothers.  8 of them have an excellent grade point average in class and are taking 10-14 hours of college credits this semester.  I know this doesn’t mean much to a lot of folks on here but these young men have bright futures in whatever career they decide to pursue.  Always a Great Day to be a Bulldog!!  Not taking shots at other schools just speaking from my heart. Love my Dawgs win or lose.  

Nothing but respect for those young men. Especially when they turned to face our stands at the end during our school song. I may have been the only one that saw that but most of them did. 

26 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

Nothing but respect for those young men. Especially when they turned to face our stands at the end during our school song. I may have been the only one that saw that but most of them did. 

They are a special group!  They’ve did that at every game this year.  Hoping it rubbed off on the underclassmen!! Thanks for noticing.  

8 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Phone went dead before halftime ... congrats Wuffs on a good season .... you pulled it out when you had to ... 

I see us playing again in the playoffs next year as well! More battles to go! Good season dawgs.

What a job coach murr has done here in his 4 years at SA he has completely turned this program around. After last years magical run and losing 6 guys to college football and a very strong senior class is tough especially at the 2a level. Everyone was saying it’s gonna be a rebuilding year no one gave the wolves a shot, and who would’ve thought they would be 11-2 and playing for the regional championship. Pre coach Murr if SA was down 14-0 they would’ve given up and turned on each other especially against garrison if you watched any games before coach murr you know what I’m talking about,  There is finally discipline in the program!!! The town of SA is proud to have him as are coach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, spudaroo said:

Was Murr trying to lose the game with less the 2:40 on the clock he was trying to score all he needed to do was take a knee 4 times to win the game, garrison had no time outs, that was not smart gave Garrison a chance.  Be smart coach!!!!

He wasn’t trying to score, but we had to pick up a first down to run out the clock and we didn’t do that. It would have been close to running out had we stayed in bounds, but we didn’t.