San Augustine vs Garrison - Regional Semi Final

SAWolfman

6 hours ago, BronCos2015 said:

What a job coach murr has done here in his 4 years at SA he has completely turned this program around. After last years magical run and losing 6 guys to college football and a very strong senior class is tough especially at the 2a level. Everyone was saying it’s gonna be a rebuilding year no one gave the wolves a shot, and who would’ve thought they would be 11-2 and playing for the regional championship. Pre coach Murr if SA was down 14-0 they would’ve given up and turned on each other especially against garrison if you watched any games before coach murr you know what I’m talking about,  There is finally discipline in the program!!! The town of SA is proud to have him as are coach. 

No doubt. These young men believe they can win and he is their biggest FAN. I saw a team that had no quit in them yesterday. I personally asked Coach early on this year not long after practice started what he thought and he knew exactly what we had to do to win football games, but the thing that stuck out the most was the fact he knew that these kids had bought into the program and believed in themselves. Most everyone in the stands yesterday kept getting frustrated that we kept trying to pound the ball up the middle, as it just didn’t seem to be working. I finally turned to all and said let Murr coach and y’all cheer for these boys.  You have to pound it up the middle to keep the defense honest and eventually those big guys we have up front will wear them down and if you notice those creases in that line keep getting a little bigger and not 3 plays after that BOOM touchdown right up the gut. Parents need to be careful what they say because I think that causes discontent among the team. Kids hear what you’re saying and start doubting what they are doing. Murr called a gutsy game the whole time, but it paid off when the final whistle blew. He put the right players on the field yesterday to get the job done, he called the right plays, he got the job done. We are the fans not the coaches!!!

3 hours ago, bystander76 said:

No doubt. These young men believe they can win and he is their biggest FAN. I saw a team that had no quit in them yesterday. I personally asked Coach early on this year not long after practice started what he thought and he knew exactly what we had to do to win football games, but the thing that stuck out the most was the fact he knew that these kids had bought into the program and believed in themselves. Most everyone in the stands yesterday kept getting frustrated that we kept trying to pound the ball up the middle, as it just didn’t seem to be working. I finally turned to all and said let Murr coach and y’all cheer for these boys.  You have to pound it up the middle to keep the defense honest and eventually those big guys we have up front will wear them down and if you notice those creases in that line keep getting a little bigger and not 3 plays after that BOOM touchdown right up the gut. Parents need to be careful what they say because I think that causes discontent among the team. Kids hear what you’re saying and start doubting what they are doing. Murr called a gutsy game the whole time, but it paid off when the final whistle blew. He put the right players on the field yesterday to get the job done, he called the right plays, he got the job done. We are the fans not the coaches!!!

That is spot on. Garrison fans are the absolute worse about dogging the coaches. I am a die hard fan but at a certain point it’s hard to keep your mouth shut because everybody in the stands knows more than coaches! If you were a good coach you would be in the profession..

4 hours ago, bystander76 said:

Yes, I just drove by our field house and our COACHES were already there. I’m sure they’re studying  film and putting a plan together for next week and not one of those bleacher coaches was there to lend a hand. Quite confusing to me...

That was Murr's best game as a coach.  Gutsy.  Rolled with a new look offense the 2nd half and tightened up on D.  

I don't post much on here and never boast. S.A. has a very physical looking team that played up to match it yesterday. I hope #5 Is ok he took a hard hit and kept playing rest of half with cobwebs. The switch to #11 changed the outcome of the game. It was evident that SA wanted to limit the possessions for garrison and they did. The fumble at the 50 when #3 didn't get the pitch clean was killer on the second drive of the the 2nd half for Garrison. The 80 plus drive S.A. had ate up most of the 3rd and limited  at least 1 maybe 2. I will say this and not saying it changed anything but on that last scoring drive S.A. had, on 4th and 8 they ran a screen play line took off qb drops back and sees receiver open and threw over the line down field. The center was there when he caught the ball. Same thing happend twice no ref called it. Not sure if #11knows this or not but it might cost you later. All of the 3rd and 4th and long plays S.A. made by throwing up those 50/50 balls down the middle on our vertically challenged dbs was there all day long. Every one knew it was coming just couldn't stop it or out jump it. And those damn kickoffs SA never even had to think about punting but if you had 2 times in the 1st half and pushed garrison back it was probably tied at half. They say run watcha brung well Garrison sure as hell ran #22. Not sure why they went to the direct snap to him so much lots of bad snaps when they do that. Garrison had a lot more in their  bag than they let out yesterday. Think they were saving for a later date we will never know now. Great game for a outsider to watch but bleed maroon so it sucked for me. Let's just say S.A. was 1 play better yesterday and all shake hands and move on. Reg 3 has been beat by reg 4 for 2 long. Don't bang each other up to bad next week. Saw where mason gave up 14 this week. First time since game 1 that they gave up more than 1 score. Sorry for the long post just how i see it.

11 minutes ago, yarddog88 said:

I don't post much on here and never boast. S.A. has a very physical looking team that played up to match it yesterday. I hope #5 Is ok he took a hard hit and kept playing rest of half with cobwebs. The switch to #11 changed the outcome of the game. It was evident that SA wanted to limit the possessions for garrison and they did. The fumble at the 50 when #3 didn't get the pitch clean was killer on the second drive of the the 2nd half for Garrison. The 80 plus drive S.A. had ate up most of the 3rd and limited  at least 1 maybe 2. I will say this and not saying it changed anything but on that last scoring drive S.A. had, on 4th and 8 they ran a screen play line took off qb drops back and sees receiver open and threw over the line down field. The center was there when he caught the ball. Same thing happend twice no ref called it. Not sure if #11knows this or not but it might cost you later. All of the 3rd and 4th and long plays S.A. made by throwing up those 50/50 balls down the middle on our vertically challenged dbs was there all day long. Every one knew it was coming just couldn't stop it or out jump it. And those damn kickoffs SA never even had to think about punting but if you had 2 times in the 1st half and pushed garrison back it was probably tied at half. They say run watcha brung well Garrison sure as hell ran #22. Not sure why they went to the direct snap to him so much lots of bad snaps when they do that. Garrison had a lot more in their  bag than they let out yesterday. Think they were saving for a later date we will never know now. Great game for a outsider to watch but bleed maroon so it sucked for me. Let's just say S.A. was 1 play better yesterday and all shake hands and move on. Reg 3 has been beat by reg 4 for 2 long. Don't bang each other up to bad next week. Saw where mason gave up 14 this week. First time since game 1 that they gave up more than 1 score. Sorry for the long post just how i see it.

Considering #11's first game playing QB I thought he did pretty good.

22 hours ago, AlphaDawg said:

That is spot on. Garrison fans are the absolute worse about dogging the coaches. I am a die hard fan but at a certain point it’s hard to keep your mouth shut because everybody in the stands knows more than coaches! If you were a good coach you would be in the profession..

Garrison coaches right now are all in 100%!  Yes sometimes the fans in the stands act crazy and sometimes Im one of them but these coaches we have here now are great motivators for our kids and are turning our boys into great young men.   A few in the past I am glad are not here anymore but the ones we have now I hope stay for years.