Week 13 Discussion

Coach Rab

14 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

789547AA-5FE0-4433-AA56-AA090D240825.jpeg

👏

That works both ways, though. A really good defense can shut down an offense like Georgia did to Oklahoma when it mattered last year. Fact is, you need to be at least decent in all 3 phases of the game. You can't be elite if you only have offense or only have defense. And what I like about Jimbo is that his offense, while not great, helps the defense out quite a bit. Oklahoma's offense doesn't help their defense at all. They score too quickly or punt the ball in 90 seconds and their defense is on the field a lot. 

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

That works both ways, though. A really good defense can shut down an offense like Georgia did to Oklahoma when it mattered last year. Fact is, you need to be at least decent in all 3 phases of the game. You can't be elite if you only have offense or only have defense. And what I like about Jimbo is that his offense, while not great, helps the defense out quite a bit. Oklahoma's offense doesn't help their defense at all. They score too quickly or punt the ball in 90 seconds and their defense is on the field a lot. 

You are 100% correct. 

But the committee is more favorable to teams who have a “good” defense than they are a “good” offense.

That’s the point. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Also though at least last season, Riley would try to be conservative in the 2nd halves and milk the clock and it always resulted in the other team making it a game again. Even against Georgia that happened. Oklahoma’s defense is incapable of being consistent regardless if the offense is “helping” the defense. 

So just do what you have to do to win.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

They are? Have they said that? Or did they do something that makes you feel that way?

Every week when they explain the rankings they have been sure to discuss problems with the defenses of Oklahoma, Ohio State, UCF, and etc, and how they are “incomplete” teams. 

You don’t hear those same discussions about teams with a good defense and a below average/bad offense like Michigan, LSU, Florida, and etc.

• Thanks 2

Plenty of hot takes torching Twitter right now...   🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DTrump said:

I'm not a guru but I told you OU can up end in the playoffs. Win or lose that's a great thing in the scheme of things.

Yeah, no doubt. Of course, they still have Texas to take care of...  but if they do, they certainly have a strong case to make.