5A DIV II REGION III SEMI-FINALS: Marshall (10-2) Vs. Huntsville (11-1)— 8 PM @ The Star in Frisco

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Huntsville  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Huntsville by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Huntsville in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle, LNJ, Smoaky posters.....

the same people pick us to win week after week

thr same people  pick us to lose week after week. 

Seems to be working for us. 

Same for JT. The same people every week.. lol GOOD LUCK keep it rolling!!

On 11/24/2018 at 9:29 PM, The Real Mavfan said:

How did that Nederland pick work out for ya Matt?

LOL! 100% wrong!! Dang, you keeping up with up with my picks? 😬 No offense, I know the Mavs are talented... it’s the extra curricular stuff I think will get them beat. Didn’t happen last week. 

Question: I was watching the highlights and they showed the coin flip being over last week. I noticed Nederland stuck out their hands to shake and the 3-4 Marshall captains pointed at them and wouldn’t return the handshake. What is up with all that? The Nederland guys just stood there. 

I’m old school, sorry. I guess that’s part of their MO. Seems to be working obviously. 

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

LOL! 100% wrong!! Dang, you keeping up with up with my picks? 😬 No offense, I know the Mavs are talented... it’s the extra curricular stuff I think will get them beat. Didn’t happen last week. 

Question: I was watching the highlights and they showed the coin flip being over last week. I noticed Nederland stuck out their hands to shake and the 3-4 Marshall captains pointed at them and wouldn’t return the handshake. What is up with all that? The Nederland guys just stood there. 

I’m old school, sorry. I guess that’s part of their MO. Seems to be working obviously. 

Not good

It just stuck out to me because i remembered your impression of them after the Jacksonville game. And i figured it was based on that impression moreso than any other factor. The captians had already shook hands before the coin toss without incident, as they have before every other game this year. After the ref signaled that we would receive, our guys started running back to the sideline when they realized the Nederland guys were going in for another handshake. So instead of turning around and running back they pointed to them. Kinda like a long distance handshake. I know your preconceived image but there was no disrepect there.

I know for a FACT the captains shook hands with Nederland.  It was clearly on the Jumbotron.

I hate you have such a negative image of the team.  It's a shame..... because it's not reality.

These guys participate in programs at the elementary schools.... they have given standing ovations to the band after halftime performances... they attend FCA meetings en masse.... they tutor each other.... they pray before and after each game as a team.  They attend volleyball games to cheer the girls on.  

I could go on...... but I doubt anything you read here will change your mind.

• Like 1

Saturday's game has a little historical tinge to it........

30 years ago..... in 1988.... Marshall and Huntsville faced off at Texas Stadium in  the Area round of the playoffs.  It was a FANTASTIC game between two 11-0 teams.  Marshall won a barn burner.  I'm going to post some video highlights from that game.

Interesting note...... they met again in 1989 in the quarterfinals at Texas Stadium.  Marshall won that game too.  

This is the first time Huntsville has been to the 3rd round since 1991.  Marshall has been to at least the third round six times since 1991.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

I know for a FACT the captains shook hands with Nederland.  It was clearly on the Jumbotron.

I hate you have such a negative image of the team.  It's a shame..... because it's not reality.

These guys participate in programs at the elementary schools.... they have given standing ovations to the band after halftime performances... they attend FCA meetings en masse.... they tutor each other.... they pray before and after each game as a team.  They attend volleyball games to cheer the girls on.  

I could go on...... but I doubt anything you read here will change your mind.

Noooo, you can change my mind! I have always liked Marshall! Great people there, I have friends there. 

Thanks for clarifying the handshaking thing. Clips don’t show everything. Perhaps I had some confirmation bias there. 

Our game with Marshall was just ugly. Really shocked me. Not the 38-0 score, Marshall was the better team. I was ON the field, saw a lot, sorry, just being truthful. Our kids responded badly, too. it’s over done with..,, and I wish nothing but the best for Marshall. 

Glad to hear about the work in the community. Thank you. 

25 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

It just stuck out to me because i remembered your impression of them after the Jacksonville game. And i figured it was based on that impression moreso than any other factor. The captians had already shook hands before the coin toss without incident, as they have before every other game this year. After the ref signaled that we would receive, our guys started running back to the sideline when they realized the Nederland guys were going in for another handshake. So instead of turning around and running back they pointed to them. Kinda like a long distance handshake. I know your preconceived image but there was no disrepect there.

Gotcha, I just saw that last part.... thanks for clarifying 

44 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Saturday's game has a little historical tinge to it........

30 years ago..... in 1988.... Marshall and Huntsville faced off at Texas Stadium in  the Area round of the playoffs.  It was a FANTASTIC game between two 11-0 teams.  Marshall won a barn burner.  I'm going to post some video highlights from that game.

Interesting note...... they met again in 1989 in the quarterfinals at Texas Stadium.  Marshall won that game too.  

This is the first time Huntsville has been to the 3rd round since 1991.  Marshall has been to at least the third round six times since 1991.

Man I miss Texas Stadium. 

5 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Man I miss Texas Stadium. 

NRG was very reminiscent of Texas Stadium to me. 

Especially the bottom bowl. 

Had it not been such an overwhelming home game for Nederland I would have enjoyed it more. 

But it’s a fantastic facility.   Nothing comparable to Jerry’s World.... but outside of maybe Atlanta... everything will seem lesser than AT&T. 

1 hour ago, The Real Mavfan said:

So with this game being the last of a triple header is there a possibility of a sell out? I would rather purchase tickets there instead of online but dont want to risk not being available. Thoughts?

IMG_5798.jpg

Marshall traditionally travels very well to the metroplex. 

Considering we had a 4PM kickoff on a Friday in Houston last week.... I thought we had a fabulous crowd.  

Had it been on Saturday....  it would have greatly impacted the size of our crowd.

I got my tickets.

Ready to see the Mavs in action again! 

• Like 1

Quoting the illustrious Sportswriter for all seasons, Blackie Sherrod;  "Scattershooting while wondering the two coaches conversation when they were deciding where to play this game?  Well, since your close to Houston and multiple huge stadiums, not really far from Kyle Field and the Marshall coach is not far from Rose, and there is SFA .... heck, let's go to Frisco"!  

Seriously though, Frisco is a good choice.  Long drive there for both, but the drive home for one is going to be torture. Don't know much about either one.  Marshall has a Pedigree for State Championships, but the present coach at Huntsville has a Pedigree for the same, plus a very hot team this year.  I'm hearing so much about this Huntsville defense and since so many teams don't play defense anymore, it is the missing link on Championship quality teams.  Huntsville 35 Marshall 21