5A DIV II REGION III SEMI-FINALS: Marshall (10-2) Vs. Huntsville (11-1)— 8 PM @ The Star in Frisco

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Huntsville  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Huntsville by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Huntsville in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Marshall will have to work hard on the running game this offseason. If that team is able to run the ball deep in the playoffs, they might have won a ship. For sure they would’ve beaten Huntsville. Should’ve beaten Huntsville anyway. They were a big time big play offense. But not being able to put together sustained drives when needed against top teams got them beat. I will say y’all need to do whatever you can to keep your D Coordinator. That looked like a totally different defense than I saw in week 3. What a transformation. Marshall is not far from being a legit favorite in 5a DII. They definitely have the players. Just need to keep building. Great season Mavs. I followed you guys all year, and was able to attend 2 games. The progression I saw from game 3 to 13 is what it takes to get to a championship level. I think you guys are very close. The split division should have Marshall contending every year. 

See you guys next year at Bulldog Stadium.

Bulldogbacker, Marshall will need to fill lots of spots left behind by seniors. A large portion of starters are moving on. The QB JJ Green will be back in his senior year. The good part is or JV team won district and both our Junior High teams won all their district games. The freshman team struggle all year. We do have a lot of returners that will need to step up before we can make another run. Many did get playing time due to high scoring. We will be hurting in the receiver department due to 3 D1 receivers graduating. The good thing is we have JJ to build around on offense. Defense not so sure but same problem. 

I blame the referees. That was one of if not the worst called game I have ever seen. They missed all kinds of calls I saw from the stands against Huntsville. They didn’t miss anything against Marshall a dreamed a few up I believe. That picture says it all. Pass interferences is clear. Those referees looking right at it but never threw a flag! Game over! I know in my heart who won that game and it wasn’t Huntsville without the help of those referees.

The Huntsville fumble on the 1 yard line that was called a TD was the call that hurt the most. 

Ball never broke the plane. Abd was recovered by the Mavs. 

But 7 points was awarded to HHS.  That was the most egregious call of the night. 

12 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Is what it is. 

We shoulda buried them when we were up 21-7. 

Bad calls or not.  We had our chance. 

We will be back!  

Y’all have JJ coming back, vital piece to the Marshall puzzle. You’ll be back and hard for my Bulldogs to defeat next season, but you know they’ll do their darndest!

👊

Marshall returns quite a few pieces of the puzzle, JJ will have Savion along with DD Williams #11 who is a sophomore who is a smaller version of Tahj with speed & quickness. Another sophomore wr James Thomas could be next years big time wr. The oline returns several starters along with some talented JV linemen  moving up. Several other young playmakers will be moving up to the varsity. The defense lost some big time players but the dline could be the strongest unit in experience. Two solid lbs in Hyter & Turner return along Grant who returned the fumble against Nederland for 6. Coach Poth & Randle along with the other defensive coaches are proven & will have their unit ready.

FB Marshall beat Huntsville 47-43 on a reverse TD with 33 seconds left on the clock. 

——-

TBH.... I wanted to cheer for Coach Southern. I have tremendous respect for him. 

But the trash talk we got from their fans after that game completely soured me on the entire thing. 

Never really seen anything like it really.  I mean.... they beat us by 1 on a controversial call.  You would have though they had beat us by 40. 

Win with class.  Their fans chose to be nasty.  

Go Buffs!!!  And congrats on the win. 

Its Aledo’s bracket anyway. 

But seeing Huntsville’s heart get crushed gives me a nice holiday cheer.