Pittpirate1919

Pittsburg vs Lorena  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Pittsburg
    • Lorena

10 hours ago, Acewell said:

Someone tell us about Lorena

Lorena is a solid team, they make few mistakes and will have few penalties. Their defense will make the opposing offense earn most of its way. Offensively, they will kill you with a thousand small cuts.  They are very well coached. 

Lorena.    Pitt was not impressive against Rusk.   Score tied at 21 with 2:38 left in the game?   But Pitt's QB did a great job eluding Rusk defenders late- when it counted.   Very talented young man with good quickness.  #6 is a hoss, but limped through most of the second half against Rusk.  Should be a good matchup.

3 hours ago, Anxiety said:

I'm coming on here one time and I'm out, so don't worry about me. I just want to say that I have spent the majority of my life around this high school football stuff. I have seen every strategy and philosophy you can imagine. I prefer the aggressive approach any day. The point is to build for the future, always thinking ahead, while looking at the present. Still following me? It does not benefit a team or program to be conservative, because you're not working on things for the future. Why would you not want complete balance with the athletes Pitt has? If you make a habit of NOT working on everything available, you WILL NOT be polished for your moment of adversity. Still following me? In a win or season over situation, a conservative mind set is NOT acceptable. I have seen this scenario too many times. A conservative team eventually collides with a balanced (aggressive) team, and suddenly said conservative team wants to become aggressive! They begin trying to throw the ball and timing, pass protection, accuracy, hand and eye coordination, and a multitude of other ingredients are not there. It amazes me how so many coaches wait until adversity is staring them right in the face, before attempting to use a balanced attack. Why not be balanced, with an aggressive mentality, and put teams away early. This provides free time to work young players in to the rotation, so they can get vital playing time, which builds experience. Not to mention confidence and physical toughness! That's how you build on your program. What the Pittsburg coach is doing week in and week out is accomplishing nothing for the future of the Pitt football program. I watched the little interview with the Pitt coach after the game, and honestly I don't believe he possesses the mentality of a head coach. He seemed timid and unsure of himself. I don't believe he realises all of the talent he is surrounded with. Therefore, Pitt will never reach their full potential, and that is sad for the boys! I heard he was leaving after this season and that would be best. We need Jeff Traylor to come to Pittsburg. He would have taken these boys to a championship! Yeah, he would have. I love that man! He is a man who needs to be in complete control. He would have gotten it done. Pitt's season will end next week. Boys it has been a pure joy watching you play this year! After next week don't hold your heads down! If I could jump in that press box, I would. I would call every play for you guys! #6 I would give you a much deserved break! A whole team of athletes, and so much is expected of just a couple of players. Just ridiculous! Jimmerson, you did save the game last night! Your coach put y'all in a bad spot and you stepped up and made a huge play. Thank You young man! Everyone of you young men, Thank You for some fantastic memories! Just respect your coaches, and do what they say, no negative thoughts! Just like the coach said last night, no negative thoughts! I know the team is getting frustrated, I can read their body language. Let me bare the burden of negative thinking. I just speak the truth! I'm out! I'm going back to listening to Van in the blowout!

Dude seemed aggressive when Gilmer played them. He was champion high stepper that night 

56 minutes ago, BandDirector said:

Dude seemed aggressive when Gilmer played them. He was champion high stepper that night 

I know. He suddenly changed! I used to commend our coach, but now I feel we have lost him! The plays are in the playbook, but he's gone full blown conservative now. He can't play around this next week with a heavy running attack. I feel Lorena is just the team to stop that. I hope he does at least make adjustments with the flow of the game, if needed. Even if we can just run all over them, there are many reasons not to do that. I know my lengthy post is a lot for some people to absorb, but there are a few on this forum who get it. 

11 hours ago, Anxiety said:

I'm coming on here one time and I'm out, so don't worry about me. I just want to say that I have spent the majority of my life around this high school football stuff. I have seen every strategy and philosophy you can imagine. I prefer the aggressive approach any day. The point is to build for the future, always thinking ahead, while looking at the present. Still following me? It does not benefit a team or program to be conservative, because you're not working on things for the future. Why would you not want complete balance with the athletes Pitt has? If you make a habit of NOT working on everything available, you WILL NOT be polished for your moment of adversity. Still following me? In a win or season over situation, a conservative mind set is NOT acceptable. I have seen this scenario too many times. A conservative team eventually collides with a balanced (aggressive) team, and suddenly said conservative team wants to become aggressive! They begin trying to throw the ball and timing, pass protection, accuracy, hand and eye coordination, and a multitude of other ingredients are not there. It amazes me how so many coaches wait until adversity is staring them right in the face, before attempting to use a balanced attack. Why not be balanced, with an aggressive mentality, and put teams away early. This provides free time to work young players in to the rotation, so they can get vital playing time, which builds experience. Not to mention confidence and physical toughness! That's how you build on your program. What the Pittsburg coach is doing week in and week out is accomplishing nothing for the future of the Pitt football program. I watched the little interview with the Pitt coach after the game, and honestly I don't believe he possesses the mentality of a head coach. He seemed timid and unsure of himself. I don't believe he realises all of the talent he is surrounded with. Therefore, Pitt will never reach their full potential, and that is sad for the boys! I heard he was leaving after this season and that would be best. We need Jeff Traylor to come to Pittsburg. He would have taken these boys to a championship! Yeah, he would have. I love that man! He is a man who needs to be in complete control. He would have gotten it done. Pitt's season will end next week. Boys it has been a pure joy watching you play this year! After next week don't hold your heads down! If I could jump in that press box, I would. I would call every play for you guys! #6 I would give you a much deserved break! A whole team of athletes, and so much is expected of just a couple of players. Just ridiculous! Jimmerson, you did save the game last night! Your coach put y'all in a bad spot and you stepped up and made a huge play. Thank You young man! Everyone of you young men, Thank You for some fantastic memories! Just respect your coaches, and do what they say, no negative thoughts! Just like the coach said last night, no negative thoughts! I know the team is getting frustrated, I can read their body language. Let me bare the burden of negative thinking. I just speak the truth! I'm out! I'm going back to listening to Van in the blowout!

You lied.   You said you would come in here one time then your out.

so move on.  Nobody likes you.   

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, Anxiety said:

I know. He suddenly changed! I used to commend our coach, but now I feel we have lost him! The plays are in the playbook, but he's gone full blown conservative now. He can't play around this next week with a heavy running attack. I feel Lorena is just the team to stop that. I hope he does at least make adjustments with the flow of the game, if needed. Even if we can just run all over them, there are many reasons not to do that. I know my lengthy post is a lot for some people to absorb, but there are a few on this forum who get it. 

No we absorbed it, it’s just wrong! 

Amazing that Pitt is having their best season since who knows when and some yahoo is complaining.  Pitt has a shot to go to state ,stop complaining, & yes Traylor would do well in Pitt or anywhere he is a good coach.  Why bring up Traylor be happy with what you got.

13 hours ago, Anxiety said:

Sounds like dad/peewee coach of one of the players setting an excuse for when/if they lose.

Being that it is 9:23 am and there has yet to be a response from this blowhard it leads me to believe that he is some young wannabe with a vendetta towards the coach.   

“Would jump in the press box and call plays if he could”.    Please save yourself the embarrassment.

Anyway, this is going to be a fantastic game. Lorena looks like they have a great QB and overall offense. Pitt D has been playing very well. Other than parts of the Rusk game our offense has also been excellent in the second half of the season. 

Lorena looks like a freight train right now though. I don’t know hardly anything about them, but they score a ton of points. Ima bet we get a close game.

18 hours ago, Anxiety said:

300 N Texas Street Pittsburg, Texas 75686 
Phone: 903-856-6461

Here is the phone number and address to the athletic office. I'll put $1,000 on it, you're not man enough to set up a face to face with the "timid" coach you speak of. People like you make me sick. If he's leaving after this year then why don't you put your name in the hat to become the next head coach since you seem to have it all figured out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, broncbuster11 said:

300 N Texas Street Pittsburg, Texas 75686 
Phone: 903-856-6461

Here is the phone number and address to the athletic office. I'll put $1,000 on it, you're not man enough to set up a face to face with the "timid" coach you speak of. People like you make me sick. If he's leaving after this year then why don't you put your name in the hat to become the next head coach since you seem to have it all figured out.

He is not leaving and Jeff Traylor is not leaving college staff.  LOL.  BUt the Texas Tech Coach is looking

On 11/24/2018 at 11:01 AM, Acewell said:

On 11/24/2018 at 11:01 AM, Acewell said:

Lorena is always a hard nose well coached team but this years team also has very good team speed to go with it.   On the offense side of the ball they run a spread with a very good dual threat QB.   #9 Brady Lina has about 2500yds passing with 30 TDs and about 700yds rushing with 10tds. RB #23 AJ Bell has around 1000 rushing yards and about 400 receiving yards with 20 something TDs total.  Outstanding WR core lead by Ben Craig #21 and TY Moore #10 but top to bottom they have 5 kids that run great routes with very good hands.  They are also probably the best block WRs in the state.  #22 AJ Brem will be all over the field also.  He’s a 200lb RB/WR that is very strong and fast.  O-Line isn’t very big but are very sound and get after people.   Defense is lead by their very good LBs ..  #32 Daylon Bartosh has about 200 tackles on the year followed by #33 Cade Michna and #19 Greg Martinez.  Both with 130-150 tackles.  Over all a very hard hitting defense when healthy.  Had some kids not play the 2nd half last week vs LE.   Hope they are back this week.  Very solid special teams from top to bottom.  Lorena is coached by Ray Biles which is one of the most respected coaches in central Texas.  

• Thanks 1