Atlanta vs Mount Vernon Friday @ Pinetree

mvtigerbacker

Atlanta vs Mount Vernon Friday @ Pinetree   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Atlanta
    • Mount Vernon

Atlanta looked really good tonight. They started 0-4 with losses to Gilmer, Gladewater, Pleasant Grove, and Liberty-Eylau. That's a tough road for anybody. Since then, they have been on a run outscoring their opponents 389-172, with just one hiccup to Jefferson. Great job Rabbits!

4 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Great place to watch a game. Now, just need to take care of business tonight so we can be one of the teams playing next week.

In my opinion itā€™s the best and itā€™s not close. They did an awesome job, lobo was previously my favoriteĀ 

I thought MVs turnover bug finally caught up with them. Its really hard to beat most teams putting the ball on the ground but even harder to beat a team as talented as Atlanta. There was such momentum swings on all of the turnovers last night and the Rabbits took advantage. Also, speed kills.

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

I thought MVs turnover bug finally caught up with them. Its really hard to beat most teams putting the ball on the ground but even harder to beat a team as talented as Atlanta. There was such momentum swings on all of the turnovers last night and the Rabbits took advantage. Also, speed kills.

Exactly!!! Mt. Vernon had to play a near perfect game to have a shot at winning. As was stated above, the fumble at the end of the first half with MV going in to score was an absoluteĀ Ā game changer.If they had gotten that score and scored on the opening drive of the second half it's a completely different game...but as Mt. Vernon's favorite son used to say so often...well, we all know what he used to say...but it is so true!!!Ā Ā 

3 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

oh no that will be a mistake. not big enough. a few yrs back Atlanta and Gilmer played there in the 4th rd and in the 2nd qtr there were still people lined up on the highway trying to get into the stadium

And it was a great game to say the least. We went 4 deep in back-to-back years and both timesĀ we played in Longview. We lost to Gladewater one year and Gilmer the next so hopefully we can break the curse this year if we play the Bears.

11 minutes ago, CassCounty903 said:

And it was a great game to say the least. We went 4 deep in back-to-back years and both timesĀ we played in Longview. We lost to Gladewater one year and Gilmer the next so hopefully we can break the curse this year if we play the Bears.

'14 we lost to Gilmer, and '15 we lost go Gilmer. We lost to Gladewater in '13 in the area finals.Ā 

This game started off so shaky for us. Receive the kickoff, then throw a pick on a screen on the 3rd play from scrimmage, giving Mt. Vernon the ball on our own 30.Ā 

If Atlanta could start as fast as they finish... oh man.Ā 

West Rusk we started with a 3 and out, followed by a interception inside the redzone.

Kemp, we elected to receive then Kemp recovered the onside kick to open the game.

Mount Vernon, we elect to receive, throw a pick on the 3rd play of the game, then go 3 and out on the ensuing drive.Ā 

Ā 

Next week, regardless of Malakoff or Gladewater, we have to execute early. Drive down the field and score EARLY. Atlanta has given up a total of 13 points over their last 4 games in the second half. They have outscored the last 4 teams they have played 87-13 in the 2nd half. Granted, one of those were Hooks (no disrespect intended),Ā but the other 3 were good playoff teams. In my years of watching Atlanta, I've not known them to be a 2nd half team, or make notable halftime adjustments.. but that seems to have changed. I love to see improvement!

Wow! Congrats Atl. Had no idea this game was played last night. I'll be honest and I'm not throwing shade at Atl. That Jefferson game must have sparked something in Atl. It's unbelievable how they've improved. After watching that game, I thought Atl would be 1 and done. Now look, 4 rounds deep. Again congrats and keep that Rabbit train rolling

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

Wow! Congrats Atl. Had no idea this game was played last night. I'll be honest and I'm not throwing shade at Atl. That Jefferson game must have sparked something in Atl. It's unbelievable how they've improved. After watching that game, I thought Atl would be 1 and done. Now look, 4 rounds deep. Again congrats and keep that Rabbit train rolling

Your exactly right without that loss we probably would have went just 1-2 rounds deep

• Like 1