Carlisle vs. Tenaha

FearTheSpear78

Carlisle vs. Tenaha  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 11:16 PM

21 hours ago, Playfor77 said:

You have the last name right, but it was Alex Garza who knocked the ball loose at the end of the Troup game, but Louie has gotten better every game and he and Jamion both are a force at linebacker. Louie had two tackles for loss just before he scooped up that fumble. He is second on the team in tackles, has 25 tackles for loss and eight sacks. Jamion is third in tackles, has 18 tackles for loss and leads the team with nine sacks. It’s hard to believe anyone else had two outside linebackers with that kind of speed.

And just a soph and 2 jr’s at that

4 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

New Boston was large also, although they played badly they moved pretty good to be bigly. Nothing like Troup or Sabine tho. 

And I know this sounds dumb but James Bowie was way bigger than us across the boards.. Until we played Joe we've never really been as big or bigger than our opponents. And Joe had a couple pretty good sized kids in the lines to be honest. 

Joaquin definitely didn't have the size as usual.  Quick though, and would get after you.    I know this is a big IF, but I will say it.. If Joaquin would have had the backs from this season, running the slot T, with some of the lineman from the past, they would have been straight nasty.. 

I am hearing that likely the most talented group of kids to ever come through Joaquin are coming up ..  With  the current staff, and building on the momentum of this season, I think it could finally all line up for a special run in the next 3 or 4 years. Of course, who knows what the enrollment will do by then.

1 minute ago, yourteamstinks said:

Joaquin definitely didn't have the size as usual.  Quick though, and would get after you.    I know this is a big IF, but I will say it.. If Joaquin would have had the backs from this season, running the slot T, with some of the lineman from the past, they would have been straight nasty.. 

I am hearing that likely the most talented group of kids to ever come through Joaquin are coming up ..  With  the current staff, and building on the momentum of this season, I think it could finally all line up for a special run in the next 3 or 4 years. Of course, who knows what the enrollment will do by then.

Our enrollment is shrinking. We down to 187 in HS. 8th grade class is large and full of athletes. Better than our current junior class IMO.  Several 8th graders should see playing time on varsity next year. Talented yes but with youth there will be inconsistency. Current 9th graders are large. But all it takes is a key injury here or there and then it’s always the woulda coulda shoulda talk again..... I see where Tenaha has really committed to running Lloyd over the past two games. 25 and 28 carries. Interesting to see what they do when they don’t have early success. When they stick to it or abandon it if they fall behind......

In my opinion, the key to stopping Tennyhaws offense is pressure on their QB.  We did it the first two quarters and he was way off with his passes and we picked him off twice in the first half and built a 21 point lead.  For whatever reason we stopped our all out pass rush the second half and let them back in the game and he burned us with several passes.  Under pressure, he is not very accurate with his throws ...

21 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

The thing about the slot-t is it is a system created to compensate for a program that doesn’t have big linemen. It’s not a coincidence that the two biggest kids we had this year wound up starting on the d-line but rarely played offense, at least after Ryland Miller got healthy. You’re better off letting the big dogs stay rested to play defense and let the small, quick kids like Bravo pound away at the other team’s skill kids when they’re crowding the box trying to stop the run. Looking at the linemen that are available out of the current sophomore and freshman classes, I can see a bunch of linemen only playing one way next year. The offense next year should be just as potent as it was this year. They have definitely found the right formula on offense. 

Actually I'll take any conversations that come along at this stage of the season, as it goes further the posters start dropping off for the year and not seen again till two a day the following year.. Actually gets quiet around regional final and semi games.. So if yall wanna throw it out there we'll try to hit it... Chain.. 

On 11/25/2018 at 5:07 PM, RipperRipper said:

I think our chances are better with other regions than getting out of this one in one piece. Not to take anything away from our Indians, but Teneha, Garrison or SA will all be tough. I'd rather see us play Mason, Shiner or Refugio than one of these. :) J S

All I gotta say is when you play Garrison you better pack 2 lunches. One won’t do.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:06 PM, upullinmychain said:

Big we can handle, buck fifty and jailbreak offense is a little harder to track the ball.. Js 

Garrison is a different kind of big. Think Troup, but bigger, meaner tougher. Their running back will absolutely run it down your throat. You 100% will not stop him. But, the chink in their armor is their defense. They do allow points

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Considering the state game is on a Thursday it wouldn't hurt teams to start getting in a Thursday mindset. But fan attendance may suffer some. 

Tenaha played regional finals and state semifinal on Thursday last year for precisely that reason. State championship game is on Thursday morning. If you go from playing on Friday night to Thursday night to Thursday morning, it’s not a real big deal. If you go from Friday night to Thursday morning, considering you’re losing a day to travel, it can get to be a big deal in a hurry.