πŸ† Big XII Championship: Oklahoma vs. Texas

Mr. P

Red River Shootout II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 05:00 PM

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

He said it wouldn’t hurt the conference if Oklahoma wins.Β 

Gotcha, well, one thing it has done is gotten Texas andΒ OU on the field together twice in one season! Even though it’s not perfect the way the Big 12 is set up it is awesome the Longhorns and Sooners are knotting up again this year.

13 hours ago, Valhalla said:

It gives Texas a 4th loss and will probably knock them out of a New Year 6 bowl.

Not if they win.

Β 

Point is, having the game is a great thing for the conference. Just bc Texas wins doesn't change that. If anything, it makes it even better. It increases the chance of having 2 teams in a NY6 Bowl.Β 

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Gotcha, well, one thing it has done is gotten Texas andΒ OU on the field together twice in one season! Even though it’s not perfect the way the Big 12 is set up it is awesome the Longhorns and Sooners are knotting up again this year.

Are you sure you want that? I mean, like really really sure?Β 

Now, I get it: you're feeling pretty good about your chances. And why not? OU's defense is horrible. But have you thought it through?

One of the main salvage points of this 3-loss season is your upset win over Oklahoma.

So...Β  Β what if that gets cancelled out by a shellacking on a nationally-televised conference championship game?Β What if Kyler goes for 300/100 and OU blows out Texas by 30-plus?Β 

I'm not saying it's gonna happen. Shoot, I still can't believe we won this game.Β 

But I gotta say, your excitement seems a bit misplaced.Β 

Just now, Lobo97 said:

Point is, having the game is a great thing for the conference. Just bc Texas wins doesn't change that. If anything, it makes it even better. It increases the chance of having 2 teams in a NY6 Bowl.Β 

Β 

The thing is that without playing the game they will be pretty much guaranteed two NY6 bowls along with maybe getting a playoff spot.

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

Everyone complained about how weak the B12 was for being the only conference without a title game. Now they have one, and people want to complain that it's pointless.Β 

Count me out. I didn’t complain.Β 

The Big 12 Champion without the CCG played just as many conference games as the SEC Champion and ACC Champion.Β 

I have said it was stupid from day 1.

They made this decision because Ohio State was chosen over TCU and Baylor.

Ohio State will be chosen out of those 3 regardless if there is a CCG or not.

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

Are you sure you want that? I mean, like really really sure?Β 

Now, I get it: you're feeling pretty good about your chances. And why not? OU's defense is horrible. But have you thought it through?

One of the main salvage points of this 3-loss season is your upset win over Oklahoma.

So...Β  Β what if that gets cancelled out by a shellacking on a nationally-televised conference championship game?Β What if Kyler goes for 300/100 and OU blows out Texas by 30-plus?Β 

I'm not saying it's gonna happen. Shoot, I still can't believe we won this game.Β 

But I gotta say, your excitement seems a bit misplaced.Β 

Hey, I said on this forum that I would rather UT play WVU in the Big 12 Championship game for the reasons/possibilities you point out above.

But, now that it’s decided that it’s UT versus OU again I may as well get excited about it.Β 

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The thing is that without playing the game they will be pretty much guaranteed two NY6 bowls along with maybe getting a playoff spot.

I don't agree with that. Which 2 teams are in a NY6 bowl today without a conference championship game?

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Count me out. I didn’t complain.

Hmm, I don't remember complaining...Β  but it's possible, I suppose.Β 

I think I'm more cheesed off by the mismanagement of conference leadership in general. But I could take or leave the CCG. It doesn't bother me.

And why should it? We've won 11 conference titles, and the last three CCGs. I don't mind playing a plus-1. Pointless or not.Β 

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hey, I said on this forum that I would rather UT play WVU in the Big 12 Championship game for the reasons/possibilities you point out above.

But, now that it’s decided that it’s UT versus OU again I may as well get excited about it.Β 

Ah, gotcha. Carry on then.Β  πŸ‘

Here's the thing, without a CCG, I'm not so sure OU is in the playoff. Them winning the CCG increases their chances.Β 

As it is, if Bama and Clemson win, and OSU beats MI, are you sure OU gets the 4th spot without a CCG over Ohio State? I'm notΒ 

4 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I don't agree with that. Which 2 teams are in a NY6 bowl today without a conference championship game?

Yeah you’re right this year. Texas probably wouldn’t make the cut today unless somebody gets upset.Β 

It did keep TCU out of a NY6 bowl last year though.

Β 

Β 

Β 

28 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We’ll see what happens, who knows, Texas may be able to β€œhold” OU again and UT may be able to control the pace of the game with a strong run game against the Sooner defense.

Interesting to see this matchup twice in one season.

Β I hope you are correct but I’m afraid Texas wont beat themΒ the second timeΒ 

• Mr. P changed the title to πŸ† Big XII Championship: Oklahoma vs. Texas