πŸ† Big XII Championship: Oklahoma vs. Texas

Mr. P

Red River Shootout II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 05:00 PM

10 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

David Sills was flagged for it after his 1st TD. Herman was asked after the game about Grier doing it after the 2-point conversion and Herman he thought that an unsportsmanlike penalty negated a score if done before the player reached the endzone.Β 

Texas, Herman, nor players said anything about it prior to the WVU game and Sills was flagged in the first quarter.Β 

No the one with Grier was he was high stepping into the endzone and stick the ball out ( I think towards a Texas player but not sure), so he was taunting before he scored. But oh well, still should have stopped him before that.

• Thanks 1

Herman was complaining about the inconsistency and anybody that watched theΒ press conferences knows that. WVU was penalized for taunting after the Stills TD, but wasn't after the Grier TD. I know heΒ sounds petty, but he is making aΒ good point. If the Stills taunting was a penalty, then why wasn't Grier's? If Grier's wasn't a penalty, then why was Stills'?Β You can't cherry pick those kind ofΒ calls. It's not that hard to understand what he was trying to say.Β 

I couldn't care less if anybody does the Horns down sign, we'reΒ just living rent freeπŸ˜‰

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eagle34 said:

Ehlinger is going to have to play better than he has been lately, for Texas to win.Β  We need dual threat Sam and obviously some long clock eating drives. Boyd and those back end boys will need a great game as well.Β 

It's hard to eat the clock against OUs defense. They allow too many big plays. Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Ehlinger is going to have to play better than he has been lately, for Texas to win.Β  We need dual threat Sam and obviously some long clock eating drives. Boyd and those back end boys will need a great game as well.Β 

Pre-injuryΒ Iowa St Sam would be great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Herman was complaining about the inconsistency and anybody that watched theΒ press conferences knows that.

I didn't watch the press conference, only heard soundbytes from it. Stupid me!

I agree about consistency. That's my biggest problem with officiating, especially with the targeting rule. I've seen so many targeting calls go uncalled and then it feels like an A&M player brushes the helmet and boom.... Play is stopped, 15 yards are added, and players are ejected.Β 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I agree about consistency. That's my biggest problem with officiating, especially with the targeting rule. I've seen so many targeting calls go uncalled and then it feels like an A&M player brushes the helmet and boom.... Play is stopped, 15 yards are added, and players are ejected.Β 

Same with what they consider a catch. I think those are the two most inconsistent calls made. Of course, the latter is probably more NFL related, lol.Β 

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I wasn't trying to take a dig at you.Β I've seen the story taken out of context on other sites as well so I just threw in my 2 cents lol.

I agree with the targeting. I understand protecting players, but my goodness, those targeting calls take FOREVER. Not to mention almost every time there is zero intent by the defensive player. It's a part of playingΒ the game.Β And the replay is wayyy overused if you ask me.

On 11/27/2018 at 6:42 PM, JustAFan11 said:

It’s taunting if done in the field of play. Just like an opponent doing the Gator chomp. I don’t know why this is such a hard concept for everyone to understand.Β 

I personally don’t care because I think it just fuels Texas players, but the only reason for another school to mock one schools hand gesture is to insult or taunt.Β 

I personally think for all the schools that do a "horns down", it's really a sign of stupid respect to Texas whether it's meant to ugly or not...I mean, these schools are taking their celebratory time thinking of Texas...thank you. Many of these schools don't have their own real hand sign that's known or cared about...UT's is known everywhere, nationwide!!!Β 

15 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A lot of different teams did it. All of them have lost (SHSU, WVU, Ole Miss). Cause unlike Herman, our players didn't whine about it and demand the rules be changed, they played on the field.Β 

If Florida can do the Gator Chomp, other teams should be able to do it as well. How do you know they're not just saying "gobble up the opposition" instead of taunting? You can't prove intent.Β 

all the signs you refer to aren't done in reverse or upside down in some negative weird way...do they chomp themselves or throw money or take the bell out their cowbell and shake an empty one? all are kind blah and just not the same really...just look like they could be a fan of the team actually

5 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Herman was complaining about the inconsistency and anybody that watched theΒ press conferences knows that. WVU was penalized for taunting after the Stills TD, but wasn't after the Grier TD. I know heΒ sounds petty, but he is making aΒ good point. If the Stills taunting was a penalty, then why wasn't Grier's? If Grier's wasn't a penalty, then why was Stills'?Β You can't cherry pick those kind ofΒ calls. It's not that hard to understand what he was trying to say.Β 

I couldn't care less if anybody does the Horns down sign, we'reΒ just living rent freeπŸ˜‰

Like what someone said earlier... coaches will say and do anything to gain any advantage they can in a football game

37 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I personally think for all the schools that do a "horns down", it's really a sign of stupid respect to Texas whether it's meant to ugly or not...I mean, these schools are taking their celebratory time thinking of Texas...thank you. Many of these schools don't have their own real hand sign that's known or cared about...UT's is known everywhere, nationwide!!!Β 

I agree, Β it’s funny to me to see somebody not playing Texas, giving the Horns down or an entire stadium full of peeps β€œsawing the horns off” of the rebels, tigers, or whichever team not named the Longhorns that they’re playing. Β OU and aTm both do it when not playing Texas. Β 

Β 

Rven Texas Tech was smart enough to come up with something original

I just don’t understand why everyone in the media etc. is acting like the it’s Texas fans that take the horns down as offensive & are wanting it called? As a Texas fan, of course I can’t stand the horns down but it’s just part of it! Almost all the Texas fans I know don’t think it should be a penalty. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the media is making it out as the Texas fan base is soft want it called a penalty.Β 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bulldognation1 said:

I just don’t understand why everyone in the media etc. is acting like the it’s Texas fans that take the horns down as offensive & are wanting it called? As a Texas fan, of course I can’t stand the horns down but it’s just part of it! Almost all the Texas fans I know don’t think it should be a penalty. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the media is making it out as the Texas fan base is soft want it called a penalty.Β 

Because 99% of the media are a bunch of ####s, and all they care about is provoking drama and stirring up ####.Β 

They are literally ruining this country, and so many of the things that make it great.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Any news on how Sam’s shoulder is? I got a feeling OU is gonna be trying to get as many shots on that shoulder as possible & with it getting reaggravated last week, I can’t imagine it’ll take much to do it again.Β 

I don't appreciate the implication. OU will be trying to get as many shots on Sam as possible regardless of his physical condition.Β 

Because this is football, and knocking the #### out of the ballcarrier is part of the game.

Or, at least, it was...Β  once...Β  a long, long time ago.Β 

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Any news on how Sam’s shoulder is? I got a feeling OU is gonna be trying to get as many shots on that shoulder as possible & with it getting reaggravated last week, I can’t imagine it’ll take much to do it again.Β 

Yesterday Herman said Sam practiced all week and looked very good. He actually reaggravated his shoulder vs ISU and Texas didn’t run him much vs KU.Β 

Texas and Sam will do whatever it takes to win. I don’t expect him to be limited. Unless he takes a direct shot from a Dlinemen I think Sam will be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKA said:

I don't appreciate the implication. OU will be trying to get as many shots on Sam as possible regardless of his physical condition.Β 

Because this is football, and knocking the #### out of the ballcarrier is part of the game.

Or, at least, it was...Β  once...Β  a long, long time ago.Β 

Well why is OU so soft? πŸ˜‰

• Mr. P changed the title to πŸ† Big XII Championship: Oklahoma vs. Texas