🏆 Big XII Championship: Oklahoma vs. Texas

Mr. P

Red River Shootout II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 05:00 PM

• Mr. P changed the title to 🏆 Big XII Championship: Oklahoma vs. Texas
1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I think it’s because he’s half crazy and his passion gets people all lathered up.

I’m so glad he and Boyd are graduating after this season.

I'm gonna miss both of 'em. 

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, bigj said:

Texas played like poop and still should of beat Oklahoma.  Offensive coordinator ####. Pass the ball down the field in first half and we may put it away. 

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Take this L.

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That’s the question. 

It is better to make the playoff and lose 

or

play in a NY6 bowl and win

?

OU being a repeat team in the Playoffs helps them... Even if they may lose 80-10 to Jalen Tungabalooey

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, bigj said:

Texas played like poop and still should of beat Oklahoma.  Offensive coordinator ####. Pass the ball down the field in first half and we may put it away. 

they did.  Ehlinger missed 2 wide open deep balls in the 1st half that would have been easy TDs.  

I think OU deserves a shot. They avenged their only loss, which wasn’t a blowout to an average team. Who knows. Some of the talking heads are saying UGA deserves to be in, but I just can’t see them holding them at #4 with two losses and keeping 2 1-loss power-5 champions out, but I honestly don’t have a clue. One thing is interesting to me: BAMA has been in the playoff 4 times. We won it as the 2 seed in ‘15-16, and as the 4 seed in ‘17-18. The two times weve gone in #1 we didn’t finish. Also, a 1 seed has never won it. Just food for thought. 

• Like 1

After reading this thread, I'll just say that all of the Texas whining about being victimized by the officials makes me laugh.  The reality is, that Texas usually is the beneficiary of the calls, not the victim.  And there were numerous calls that went against OU tonight, as well as uncalled penalties against Texas.

I'll also just comment that I am a bit surprised at the negative tone of some of my fellow Sooner fans on this thread.  (You know who you are.)  Maybe you are just trying to make nice with the Horn fans, who knows? 
Despite playing without a number of players, OU just keeps on plugging away and winning... sometimes ugly (OK, OFTEN ugly), but they find a way.  OU earned a place in the playoffs tonight, hopefully it will be rewarded tomorrow.

To the naysayers, don't be too surprised if OU doesn't win a couple of games in the post season.  The defense, which has been OU's albatross this season, has gradually been improving these last two games, and OU almost certainly would have lost if not for the defense forcing turnovers.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BlackwellSooner said:

After reading this thread, I'll just say that all of the Texas whining about being victimized by the officials makes me laugh.  The reality is, that Texas usually is the beneficiary of the calls, not the victim.  And there were numerous calls that went against OU tonight, as well as uncalled penalties against Texas.

I'll also just comment that I am a bit surprised at the negative tone of some of my fellow Sooner fans on this thread.  (You know who you are.)  Maybe you are just trying to make nice with the Horn fans, who knows? 
Despite playing without a number of players, OU just keeps on plugging away and winning... sometimes ugly (OK, OFTEN ugly), but they find a way.  OU earned a place in the playoffs tonight, hopefully it will be rewarded tomorrow.

To the naysayers, don't be too surprised if OU doesn't win a couple of games in the post season.  The defense, which has been OU's albatross this season, has gradually been improving these last two games, and OU almost certainly would have lost if not for the defense forcing turnovers.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

I try to be reasonable in my analysis of UT games but to say that Texas usually benefits from calls is far from the truth IMO. If I am not at the games I am watching them on TV and I would hazard to guess that Texas was penalized more often than their opponents and at the most inopportune times.

18 hours ago, justafan903 said:

Dude got worked by OU’s RT all day. Never understood all the hype for Goldilocks. 

Hager has been worked by everybody that’s lined up against him.  He’s been the most overhyped and overrated Texas player since weak Jackson Jeffcoat

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlackwellSooner said:

BOOMER SOONER!!!

You’re blind, the Big12 wanted you in the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I try to be reasonable in my analysis of UT games but to say that Texas usually benefits from calls is far from the truth IMO. If I am not at the games I am watching them on TV and I would hazard to guess that Texas was penalized more often than their opponents and at the most inopportune times.

Texas committee their fair share of penalties, enough to keep them from winning.  It’s just there were enough blatant ones that killed tons of momentum in the game and shifted it to OU.  

The Big 12 made doing a horns down an unsportsmanlike penalty so Texas’ feelings couldn’t get hurt and people have the audacity to claim that the Big 12 didn’t want Texas to win or was against Texas.

The whole conference exists for Texas. 

Just be happy you are relevant again and enjoy the Sugar Bowl.

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The Big 12 made doing a horns down an unsportsmanlike penalty so Texas’ feelings couldn’t get hurt and people have the audacity to claim that the Big 12 didn’t want Texas to win or was against Texas.

Taunting has been a penalty for years. 

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Val, I do have the audacity to claim the refs were against Texas yesterday, because it was pretty evident on the field and the conference may have had its image and monetary rewards in mind. Getting OU in the playoff and UT into the Sugar Bowl instead of no team getting into the playoff and only OU in a NY6 bowl game......I know we’re supposed to believe everything is always on the up and up, but sometimes things make you wonder.

I hope we can enjoy the Sugar Bowl, thank you and I’m thrilled we’re becoming relevant again.

Texas isn’t all the way back to relevancy again, but are very close. In no way am I saying the conference championship game appearance was a splash in the pan one time thing I’m just saying it’s a building process and the team is still under construction, ha!

Hook ‘em!

Projection I’m seeing has OU as the 4 seed playing BAMA in the Cotton bowl. If that’s the case, the 1 seed gets to pick which semifinal site they want. I say take the Orange bowl, because travel for BAMA is pretty much a wash, but Arlington is basically a home game for OU, whereas Miami will provide a BAMA friendly crowd, if there is such a thing. 

8 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Projection I’m seeing has OU as the 4 seed playing BAMA in the Cotton bowl. If that’s the case, the 1 seed gets to pick which semifinal site they want. I say take the Orange bowl, because travel for BAMA is pretty much a wash, but Arlington is basically a home game for OU, whereas Miami will provide a BAMA friendly crowd, if there is such a thing. 

I’ll be surprised if they let OU play Bama in Jerry World.

Though Clemson played Bama in NO last year so who knows.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

I’ll be surprised if they let OU play Bama in Jerry World.

It’s my understanding that the #1 seed gets their choice as a reward for being #1, so I guess that means it’s up to BAMA. I just wouldn’t want to give my opponent any sort of advantage in a national semifinal game. 

4 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

It’s my understanding that the #1 seed gets their choice as a reward for being #1, so I guess that means it’s up to BAMA. I just wouldn’t want to give my opponent any sort of advantage in a national semifinal game. 

I just remember the 2015 playoff where Oklahoma dropped from 3 to 4 so that the higher seed wouldn’t be at a disadvantage due to the site of the game. 

Maybe that’s because Clemson picked Miami and Alabama was just stuck with Arlington so they didn’t want to put them at a home field disadvantage.