πŸ† Big XII Championship: Oklahoma vs. Texas

Mr. P

Red River Shootout II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 05:00 PM

23 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I just remember the 2015 playoff where Oklahoma dropped from 3 to 4 so that the higher seed wouldn’t be at a disadvantage due to the site of the game.Β 

Maybe that’s because Clemson picked Miami and Alabama was just stuck with Arlington so they didn’t want to put them at a home field disadvantage.Β 

Β 

Yeah, Nick had me make a call on his behalf. Congrats! You’ve exposed the conspiracy. BAMA privilege lives.Β 

44 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Yeah, Nick had me make a call on his behalf. Congrats! You’ve exposed the conspiracy. BAMA privilege lives.Β 

Say what you want, but Alabama is the only lower seed to get an obvious geographical advantage in the 5 seasons of the playoffs existence.

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Say what you want, but Alabama is the only lower seed to get an obvious geographical advantage in the 5 seasons of the playoffs existence.

In β€˜15, the choices were Arlington and Miami. Clemson, the 1 seed, chose the Orange Bowl, leaving BAMA to play in the Cotton Bowl. In β€˜17, Clemson chose to play BAMA in the Sugar Bowl because the other choice was the Rose Bowl, which was obviously a disadvantage for an east coast team that wins and has basically an added travel day making for a short week of preparation for a national championship game. You’re reaching on your conspiracy theories. You might want to seek treatment for BAMA Derangement Syndrome.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

The Big 12 made doing a horns down an unsportsmanlike penalty so Texas’ feelings couldn’tΒ get hurt and people have the audacity to claim that the Big 12 didn’t want Texas to win or was against Texas.

The whole conference exists for Texas.Β 

Just be happy you are relevant again and enjoy the Sugar Bowl.

If it’s done as Taunting (as the WVU players. Did to the crowd) then yes it should be a penalty. Β If OU fans are ever smart enough to come up with something original and other teams do it upside down at the OU fans then yes it should be a penalty.Β 

Β 

Youre starting to sound like an Aggy blaming and pointing at Texas. Β Heck, you’re the team that benefitted from the officiating and got propped up into the CFP most likely. Β Sounds to me the conference likes yOU guys pretty good. Β 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I think OU deserves a shot. They avenged their only loss, which wasn’t a blowout to an average team. Who knows. Some of the talking heads are saying UGA deserves to be in, but I just can’t see them holding them at #4 with two losses and keeping 2 1-loss power-5 champions out, but I honestly don’t have a clue. One thing is interesting to me: BAMA has been in the playoff 4 times. WeΒ won it as the 2 seed in β€˜15-16,Β and as the 4 seed in β€˜17-18. The two times weve gone in #1 we didn’t finish. Also, a 1Β seed has never won it. Just food for thought.Β 

If Georgia gets in as the #4 seed they need to blow the whole mess up. Β Every conference champion should self claim a national title like UCF did last year

Β 

57 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

In β€˜15, the choices were Arlington and Miami. Clemson, the 1 seed, chose the Orange Bowl, leaving BAMA to play in the Cotton Bowl. In β€˜17, Clemson chose to play BAMA in the Sugar Bowl because the other choice was the Rose Bowl, which was obviously a disadvantage for an east coast team that wins and has basically an added travel day making for a short week of preparation for a national championship game. You’re reaching on your conspiracy theories. You might want to seek treatment for BAMA Derangement Syndrome.Β 

Which is basically what I said and which is why they dropped Oklahoma to #4 in 2015 to play Clemson in Miami instead of leaving them at #3 to play Alabama in Arlington.

BAMA Derangement Syndrome sounds like something you get from kissing your 1st cousin. You might want to get checked out.

22 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

If it’s done as Taunting (as the WVU players. Did to the crowd) then yes it should be a penalty. Β If OU fans are ever smart enough to come up with something original and other teams do it upside down at the OU fans then yes it should be a penalty.Β 

Β 

Youre starting to sound like an Aggy blaming and pointing at Texas. Β Heck, you’re the team that benefitted from the officiating and got propped up into the CFP most likely. Β Sounds to me the conference likes yOU guys pretty good. Β 

6626e37a-4dce-4347-89e6-6d530a7fb70b

Β 

They should like us. We have won 50% of the conference titles in the whole existence of the conference.

I’m not blaming Texas for anything. I’m not just going listen to Texas fans compain about something that happens for them every October.

• Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Β 

They should like us. We have won 50% of the conference titles in the whole existence of the conference.

I’m not blaming Texas for anything. I’m not just going listen to Texas fans compain about something that happens for them every October.

And you’re saying they give Texas help?!?! Β Lol

Β 

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Β 

Truer words were never spoken.Β  Texas has benfited from more friendly officiating over the years than you can shake a stick at.Β  Remember Jack Sisco, and there have been many others.

• Thanks 2
  • Stinks 3