The Smoakhouse Forums

🏆 Big XII Championship: Oklahoma vs. Texas

Red River Shootout II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 05:00 PM

Just now, thegreatbambino said:

Oh ok. Lol

I appreciate your honesty.

Hey, I calls 'em how I see's 'em. 

If I thought we had a chance in hell against any of the playoff teams, I'd be one of the guys arguing against Ohio State. 

But as it stands, I see no point to jump up there in the playoffs and get our ### kicked on national TV.

Just give us a New Year's bowl as a consolation prize. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Truer words were never spoken.  Texas has benfited from more friendly officiating over the years than you can shake a stick at.  Remember Jack Sisco, and there have been many others.

#firemikestoops

Of course it’s a penalty! How dare someone disrespect the greatest university that is or ever will be! I personally think it should be an automatic ejection and 2 game suspension to everyone who does

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, AKA said:

Hey, I calls 'em how I see's 'em. 

If I thought we had a chance in hell against any of the playoff teams, I'd be one of the guys arguing against Ohio State. 

But as it stands, I see no point to jump up there in the playoffs and get our ### kicked on national TV.

Just give us a New Year's bowl as a consolation prize. 

That’s the question. 

It is better to make the playoff and lose 

or

play in a NY6 bowl and win

?

6 minutes ago, justafan903 said:

Dude got worked by OU’s RT all day. Never understood all the hype for Goldilocks. 

It's 3:18 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 1, 2018, and Becka Hager still ####s. 

Just now, Valhalla said:

That’s the question. 

or

?

I'll take my chances with the latter. 

9 minutes ago, justafan903 said:

Dude got worked by OU’s RT all day. Never understood all the hype for Goldilocks. 

I think it’s because he’s half crazy and his passion gets people all lathered up.

I’m so glad he and Boyd are graduating after this season.

• Like 1
  • LOL changed the title to 🏆 Big XII Championship: Oklahoma vs. Texas
1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I think it’s because he’s half crazy and his passion gets people all lathered up.

I’m so glad he and Boyd are graduating after this season.

I'm gonna miss both of 'em. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, bigj said:

Texas played like poop and still should of beat Oklahoma.  Offensive coordinator ####. Pass the ball down the field in first half and we may put it away. 

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Take this L.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That’s the question. 

or

?

OU being a repeat team in the Playoffs helps them... Even if they may lose 80-10 to Jalen Tungabalooey

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, bigj said:

Texas played like poop and still should of beat Oklahoma.  Offensive coordinator ####. Pass the ball down the field in first half and we may put it away. 

they did.  Ehlinger missed 2 wide open deep balls in the 1st half that would have been easy TDs.  

I think OU deserves a shot. They avenged their only loss, which wasn’t a blowout to an average team. Who knows. Some of the talking heads are saying UGA deserves to be in, but I just can’t see them holding them at #4 with two losses and keeping 2 1-loss power-5 champions out, but I honestly don’t have a clue. One thing is interesting to me: BAMA has been in the playoff 4 times. We won it as the 2 seed in ‘15-16, and as the 4 seed in ‘17-18. The two times weve gone in #1 we didn’t finish. Also, a 1 seed has never won it. Just food for thought. 

• Like 1

After reading this thread, I'll just say that all of the Texas whining about being victimized by the officials makes me laugh.  The reality is, that Texas usually is the beneficiary of the calls, not the victim.  And there were numerous calls that went against OU tonight, as well as uncalled penalties against Texas.

I'll also just comment that I am a bit surprised at the negative tone of some of my fellow Sooner fans on this thread.  (You know who you are.)  Maybe you are just trying to make nice with the Horn fans, who knows? 
Despite playing without a number of players, OU just keeps on plugging away and winning... sometimes ugly (OK, OFTEN ugly), but they find a way.  OU earned a place in the playoffs tonight, hopefully it will be rewarded tomorrow.

To the naysayers, don't be too surprised if OU doesn't win a couple of games in the post season.  The defense, which has been OU's albatross this season, has gradually been improving these last two games, and OU almost certainly would have lost if not for the defense forcing turnovers.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, BlackwellSooner said:

After reading this thread, I'll just say that all of the Texas whining about being victimized by the officials makes me laugh.  The reality is, that Texas usually is the beneficiary of the calls, not the victim.  And there were numerous calls that went against OU tonight, as well as uncalled penalties against Texas.

I'll also just comment that I am a bit surprised at the negative tone of some of my fellow Sooner fans on this thread.  (You know who you are.)  Maybe you are just trying to make nice with the Horn fans, who knows? 
Despite playing without a number of players, OU just keeps on plugging away and winning... sometimes ugly (OK, OFTEN ugly), but they find a way.  OU earned a place in the playoffs tonight, hopefully it will be rewarded tomorrow.

To the naysayers, don't be too surprised if OU doesn't win a couple of games in the post season.  The defense, which has been OU's albatross this season, has gradually been improving these last two games, and OU almost certainly would have lost if not for the defense forcing turnovers.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

I try to be reasonable in my analysis of UT games but to say that Texas usually benefits from calls is far from the truth IMO. If I am not at the games I am watching them on TV and I would hazard to guess that Texas was penalized more often than their opponents and at the most inopportune times.

18 hours ago, justafan903 said:

Hager has been worked by everybody that’s lined up against him.  He’s been the most overhyped and overrated Texas player since weak Jackson Jeffcoat

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BlackwellSooner said:

BOOMER SOONER!!!

You’re blind, the Big12 wanted you in the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I try to be reasonable in my analysis of UT games but to say that Texas usually benefits from calls is far from the truth IMO. If I am not at the games I am watching them on TV and I would hazard to guess that Texas was penalized more often than their opponents and at the most inopportune times.

Texas committee their fair share of penalties, enough to keep them from winning.  It’s just there were enough blatant ones that killed tons of momentum in the game and shifted it to OU.  

The Big 12 made doing a horns down an unsportsmanlike penalty so Texas’ feelings couldn’t get hurt and people have the audacity to claim that the Big 12 didn’t want Texas to win or was against Texas.

The whole conference exists for Texas. 

Just be happy you are relevant again and enjoy the Sugar Bowl.