3A D-1 Sleeper State Champion

TCU44

5 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

TCU may not be far off the Zeebs are legitimate 

just hard nosed scrappy well coached bunch..

They have 2 seniors this year and should be Top 5 to start next year. Highly impressed with them 

What offense do they run?

55 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

They have 2 seniors this year and should be Top 5 to start next year. Highly impressed with them 

Agreed 

Guest Tiger03lb
59 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Is their qb a senior this year? Can't remember 

Well I’m going to be the homer in the room  and say why not us? It’s not that far fetched. If your talking dark horses. It will be a tough road but not an impossible one. Nobody thought we would get by Jefferson and we dominated that game from start to finish. I like Grandview but I think Franklin will prove to be too much for them. I would say Atlanta and Gladewater would be the favs coming out of region 2, so why not us as the dark horse?

Guest Tiger03lb
58 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Umm Sophomore he is straight gamer 

Haven't seen him since he played us. Wow. They are going to be tough the next two years

In terms of a "sleeper", Grandview would be on the list as they have not been mentioned all that much all year.  However, in the power polls they have been top 5 most of the time.  Someone like Franklin would not be considered a "sleeper" as they were #1 in the state entering the playoffs.  

At this point, I would consider someone like an Edna a sleeper.  

19 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

In terms of a "sleeper", Grandview would be on the list as they have not been mentioned all that much all year.  However, in the power polls they have been top 5 most of the time.  Someone like Franklin would not be considered a "sleeper" as they were #1 in the state entering the playoffs.  

Edna is a sleeper to me also... I would have said George West but they lost to yoakum 35 to 34 last night

23 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

I consider Franklin a sleeper because they are always ranked, always in the hunt and tend to sleep during a deep run. Consistently. 

• LOL! 2

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, NavyDad0526 said:

Well I’m going to be the homer in the room  and say why not us? It’s not that far fetched. If your talking dark horses. It will be a tough road but not an impossible one. Nobody thought we would get by Jefferson and we dominated that game from start to finish. I like Grandview but I think Franklin will prove to be too much for them. I would say Atlanta and Gladewater would be the favs coming out of region 2, so why not us as the dark horse?

I'd say Mt Vernon is the sleeper/dark horse of region 2. They have a good chance at beating Atlanta in their 2nd matchup. We've been in talks earlier in the year and in the mix but been over shadowed by gw, tatum with them coming out of nowhere this year. 

43 minutes ago, armchair said:

I consider Franklin a sleeper because they are always ranked, always in the hunt and tend to sleep during a deep run. Consistently. 

Pretty sure alot of good teams get knocked out every year.... Only two can make it to state.... Which we did a few years ago

This topic is a testament to how unpredictable 3A D1 has gotten. None of the "experts" early in the season were saying Mineola or Rockdale was going to it all the last two years.  

D1 has no powerhouse this year like D2 does with Newton.

So, my true legit darkhorse favorite would be Grandview. I don't consider Franklin a sleeper; they are the favorites.

3 hours ago, YoeHigh said:

This topic is a testament to how unpredictable 3A D1 has gotten. None of the "experts" early in the season were saying Mineola or Rockdale was going to it all the last two years.  

D1 has no powerhouse this year like D2 does with Newton.

So, my true legit darkhorse favorite would be Grandview. I don't consider Franklin a sleeper; they are the favorites.

Franklin is not a sleeper.  I just have a feeling that Grandview will catch Franklin sleeping.   

Sleepers...I wouldn't say anyone left is a sleeper

East chambers at the moment is bc they shouldn't of beat west but they did and did with authority. Now they get the chance to become contenders is they knock off the yoe!

Mount Vernon if they can beat Atlanta will be a team to reckon with.

Edna became a threat after they beat East Bernard and Goliad.

Grandview knocked off Malakoff with authority and now has beat Rockdale and Woodville.

So to me EC and MV are the sleepers!

5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Considering that Gladewater wasn’t even in the top 25 in the state to start the season why cant we be sleepers ?  We opened some eyes along the way but I’m not sure why we are even considered favorites against Malakoff. 

I dont consider any 4a drop down sleepers because they should already have the depth to play with any 3a school.... Gladewater Atlanta Tatum were never sleepers but contenders from the start

22 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I dont consider any 4a drop down sleepers because they should already have the depth to play with any 3a school.... Gladewater Atlanta Tatum were never sleepers but contenders from the start

Agree,  all 3 schools are much bigger than the average. District numbers.  Have to have the cutoff somewhere and the realignment numbers are as fair as possible.

• Like 1