Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Carthage vs Midlothian Heritage, Friday November 30th, 7:30p.m @ The Star


Which Team will Advance  

99 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

    • Dawgs
      84
    • Jags
      15

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read from MH head coach... and the respect he shows the dawgs. sometimes dallas morning news will load the article sometimes it will ask for subscription... just back out of it does,  hope you gu

That’s even more impressive to me, because Carthage’s schedule has been much more difficult. 

TD

Posted Images

9 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Looks like, on paper anyway,  the Dawgs will face their first real test of the 2018 playoffs this friday night.

Yes they will....Midlothian is no joke...Carthage will get pushed for the first time in the playoffs...but I really think it will be just a matter of time before the dam breaks...once it does, Carthage will roll...if by some chance they jump on them early then they will dictate the game....

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Looks like, on paper anyway,  the Dawgs will face their first real test of the 2018 playoffs this friday night.

Kilgore was one slip away from jumping up 14-0 on MH with about 5 backups in. I'm not saying that would have changed the final outcome, but Kilgore just fielded one of it's weakest teams in 20 years, and their backups went toe to toe with these guys. I just wasn't that impressed with MH. As long as Carthage comes out and does their thing, this game should be well in hand by halftime. After seeing both of these teams this year im thinking something like:

Carthage- 45

MH- 21

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboys cheerleaders/dancers/band are putting on a Christmas show at The Star in Frisco at 6:00...……...Makes for more traffic and parking might be troublesome...……...Carthage peeps better be leaving Carthage by 3:00 or else they may have trouble seeing kickoff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Cowboys cheerleaders/dancers/band are putting on a Christmas show at The Star in Frisco at 6:00...……...Makes for more traffic and parking might be troublesome...……...Carthage peeps better be leaving Carthage by 3:00 or else they may have trouble seeing kickoff.

this means most faculty and  staff will be unable to attend.!!!!  which is a shame !!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, broncbuster11 said:

Kilgore was one slip away from jumping up 14-0 on MH with about 5 backups in. I'm not saying that would have changed the final outcome, but Kilgore just fielded one of it's weakest teams in 20 years, and their backups went toe to toe with these guys. I just wasn't that impressed with MH. As long as Carthage comes out and does their thing, this game should be well in hand by halftime. After seeing both of these teams this year im thinking something like:

Carthage- 45

MH- 21

I watched some of their games on youtube last night.  Qb had a pretty good arm and they do have some athletes but i dont think they can match up as well with our ahtletes.  It just seems we have more and our D should be too physical for them.  I really want to pick the Dawgs by 2+ td's but we've not had any easy games played at the star, so i'll go with something like Dawgs 35-28ish.  Hope to be dead wrong though and the Dawgs blow the roof off the place with a good old fashioned beat down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Cowboys cheerleaders/dancers/band are putting on a Christmas show at The Star in Frisco at 6:00...……...Makes for more traffic and parking might be troublesome...……...Carthage peeps better be leaving Carthage by 3:00 or else they may have trouble seeing kickoff.

The Star is a great venue and I like watching games there but I sure don't envy yall having to fight that traffic, especially with that extra stuff going on. The plus side is you'll be dry lol.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

The Star is a great venue and I like watching games there but I sure don't envy yall having to fight that traffic, especially with that extra stuff going on. The plus side is you'll be dry lol.

Be sure & keep us posted IF y’all have to play in the “magic rain”.....☔️⛈🏈

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Cowboys cheerleaders/dancers/band are putting on a Christmas show at The Star in Frisco at 6:00...……...Makes for more traffic and parking might be troublesome...……...Carthage peeps better be leaving Carthage by 3:00 or else they may have trouble seeing kickoff.

They did it last year. I doubt it causes extra traffic. I imagine it'll only be the fans from both teams there like last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Cowboys cheerleaders/dancers/band are putting on a Christmas show at The Star in Frisco at 6:00...……...Makes for more traffic and parking might be troublesome...……...Carthage peeps better be leaving Carthage by 3:00 or else they may have trouble seeing kickoff.

Should not have much problem Makin it by kickoff can take 69 to 380 will take you around all the rush hour traffic and not but bout 15 min longer then takin straight shot 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bansheefan03 said:

Should not have much problem Makin it by kickoff can take 69 to 380 will take you around all the rush hour traffic and not but bout 15 min longer then takin straight shot 

Looked up that route! Thanks! That is the way I will be taking! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heritage has a good balance offense that can keep up and give carthage fits but heritage Defense is little suspect, really cant call who wins, they both offense is similar to records and even on offense, but C- dawgs d. is better but who says Heritage  deffense maybe ready for the Challenge, if Heritage Defensive line can get win the battle of Carthage offensive line and can pressure capps more and ciotain Dixon then who knows, till Friday night

  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice read from MH head coach... and the respect he shows the dawgs. sometimes dallas morning news will load the article sometimes it will ask for subscription... just back out of it does,  hope you guys can read it,  if not I apologize in advance. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/11/28/fridays-regional-semifinal-matchup-top-ranked-carthage-means-midlothian-heritage

I just looked at a minus symbol next to my name,  evidently I have a poor reputation...lol. Wonder when that's from.  

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Heritage has a good balance offense that can keep up and give carthage fits but heritage Defense is little suspect, really cant call who wins, they both offense is similar to records and even on offense, but C- dawgs d. is better but who says Heritage  deffense maybe ready for the Challenge, if Heritage Defensive line can get win the battle of Carthage offensive line and can pressure capps more and ciotain Dixon then who knows, till Friday night

You keep forgetting that the Dawg O line is the best in 4A, how soon you forget what they did to Henderson, who has a dang good D line. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Nice read from MH head coach... and the respect he shows the dawgs. sometimes dallas morning news will load the article sometimes it will ask for subscription... just back out of it does,  hope you guys can read it,  if not I apologize in advance. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/11/28/fridays-regional-semifinal-matchup-top-ranked-carthage-means-midlothian-heritage

I just looked at a minus symbol next to my name,  evidently I have a poor reputation...lol. Wonder when that's from.  

Great article, thanks for sharing it with us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Nice read from MH head coach... and the respect he shows the dawgs. sometimes dallas morning news will load the article sometimes it will ask for subscription... just back out of it does,  hope you guys can read it,  if not I apologize in advance. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/11/28/fridays-regional-semifinal-matchup-top-ranked-carthage-means-midlothian-heritage

I just looked at a minus symbol next to my name,  evidently I have a poor reputation...lol. Wonder when that's from.  

There you go, we got you fixed up with a positive symbol!

  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...